[Build] My Pet-DoT build

tortisvamp

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is my battle.net profile with skill build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TortisVamp-1255/hero/22625

Now the bears I must admit I don't hardly use, it's good for burst damage if a pack of rare mobs rush me, and mostly the acid cloud and locust swarm are the damage dealers, the pets are mostly for the minor LoH I have, and to tank them while I kill them. I traded VQ for Pierce the Veil for the bonus in dps, and unless I do spam bears, mana is never and issue for me. I have to say I absolutely loved Firebomb with Flash Fire rune previously, and now I'm in love all over again with it. With a little IAS it hits everything, and it acts as kinda another DoT the way it hits everything over and over.

Now I may only have a hair under 60k dps, but I can still farm act 2 easily, and act 3 is a little bit of a challenge but I can do it. Any thoughts, suggestions, comments or criticism?

Thanks in advance.

luizdeh

Diabloii.Net Member
I farm Act 3 comfortably with 34k unbuffed dps.

If you still have trouble with farming Act 3, try Jungle Fortitude over Zombie Handler. You need to be alive as well to re-summon pets.
Other than that, build is solid, I would work on more resists, armor and HP for more survivability and please do something about those gems. Upgrade asap!

tortisvamp

Diabloii.Net Member
those gems are mostly placeholders until I get my gold back up to upgrade them heh. I'll try the jungle fort next time I log in, thanks :)

Galtrovan

Diabloii.Net Member
those gems are mostly placeholders until I get my gold back up to upgrade them heh. I'll try the jungle fort next time I log in, thanks :)
If I were as rich as you.... holy cow.

Here is my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Galtrovan-1778/hero/5267103

In terms of DPS... My weapon needs an improvement. My helm, shoulders, belt, pants, and bracers are mediocre. My rings and ammy are meh. My armor sucks. But at the same time I farm Act 3 Inferno easily. Now, things don't fall over dead as they do for you -- you have 3.x times as much DPS -- but I'm very, very hard to kill, even in 4 player games where every one else is playing the die-and-respawn game against a bad (sucks to be us) affix combo.

If only I had your wealth to get more +Int on all my gear without the loss of any defense... thoughts of 60K DPS with my defense... again, holy cow.

I guess my point is, your issue of not easily farming Act 3 Inferno is your lack of defense. Your offense is covered.