[Build] My pet build

spazzattack

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the lob bomb because they stack up on stuff occupied by the pets, but unless you have mana regen gear, all i can think is that you have long periods of time before you can drop more acid clouds.

Gruesome Feast is my favorite passive for clearing lots of trash quickly and chaining between groups if you can move quick and helps tons with the mana.

Silverfang

Diabloii.Net Member
Running something quite similar here and just had my first time in act III (at all!) : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WRdUYT!TUW!abbZaa

The stability of the WD/Pet setup after the patch is quite surprising: Also ran through to Grom before feeling in need of a break and just died once(!) - So yeah: One of your passives could go for Gruesome Feast. It can be quite a good boost. Just test out if your Char is stable enough.

By the way: Should I swap Slow Burn for Lob Blob Bomb? Which one is the better rune there?

Last edited:

Xxpereraxx

Diabloii.Net Member
I used slow burn but changed to lob a blob because you can have 3 out at once and they stack mana ain't to much of an issue if you have 2 regen items. How do you find exploading frog I've not tried them are they good/easy to use like rain of toads?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

HardRock

Diabloii.Net Member
I used slow burn but changed to lob a blob because you can have 3 out at once and they stack
I don't think that's true. When I spammed Lob Blob Bomb on top of enemies I didn't notice, that the slime's damage stacked.

Should I swap Slow Burn for Lob Blob Bomb? Which one is the better rune there?
LBB is best against clustered enemies, since it's DPS is higher, but the slimes damage radius is noticeably shorter than the base skill's ground based DoT's.

Slow Burn should be chosen if you have mana problems, since it doesn't increase the skill's DPS, only makes it last longer.

Last edited:

Silverfang

Diabloii.Net Member
I used slow burn but changed to lob a blob because you can have 3 out at once and they stack mana ain't to much of an issue if you have 2 regen items. How do you find exploading frog I've not tried them are they good/easy to use like rain of toads?
I like 'em much better than Rain of Toads, as I got the same type of attack essentially covered with acid cloud and their damage output is quite satisfying. But they need an open eye to when to reposition oneself and it's sometimes hard to hit small, fast moving targets with them. (High attack speed helps immensely with the latter...)

I tried out Lob Blob Bomb yesterday and came to the conclusion, that the damage output is higher in short fights. But it drains my mana too fast, as I haven't stacked manareg, so in prolonged fights my output is still better using Slow Burn. (edit: It also helps better with getting your massacre-bonus up, as it gives you mor time to look for the next group of enemies.)