Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My personal hopes for DIII if/when it comes out.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Thrandir, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Thrandir

Thrandir IncGamers Member

My personal hopes for DIII if/when it comes out.

1) I hope it stays 2D. Or, if it's 3D, that the camera position stays fixed. (Tho maybe a bigger field of vision)

2) I hope that the gameplay evolves in it's own direction, not just turning into another D&D-like game.

3) I hope we retain the 7 character classes we have now, same skills, same synergies.

4) I hope we have entirely new character classes, and that new and old characters would be able to diversify into subclasses upon reaching clvl ~45.
    Each subclass would open up one new skill tab, perhaps change the appearance, perhaps give a unique subclass bonus.

5) I hope runes have more complicated workings in socketed items. Meaning, instead of just having one bonus, they would have a whole bunch which depend on many factors. Maybe, for example, runes could give...

-One bonus based on the item type they are in (wep, armor, shield, helm, gloves, boots, belt)
    -A bonus which changes depending on their position in the item (1st socket, 2nd, 3rd, etc., last)
    -A bonus which depends on the rune immediately before it.
    -A bonus which depends on the rune immediately after it.

This way, after much experimentation, people could essentially making their own customizable runewords. The number of combinations of possible runes is 33^(#sockets), so it would be near impossible to find the best one...except that one could experiment and figure out what each rune does in each case. Imo, that would be downright FUN.:grin:

6) Similarly, I hope alchemy is made more versatile, instead of simple, straight cubing recipes. Maybe there might be a difficult-to-find NPC who would help you with more complex process. Perhaps items in the game which do nothing, but can be used as alchemy ingredients to (weight the results of other recipes? Open up new recipes? Have different effects depending on order/position in cube/something else?).

7) I hope the monsters are smarter. Well, some of them. Smart gloams might be too much. xD

8) I hope the world evolves as you go through it. I hope you'd find NPC's outside of town. Maybe a hermit in the middle of the jungle who would sell you vitality boosters, energy boosters, eaglehorn, or...jk jk, nvm. But yeah, perhaps specific areas of the game which, when you clear them out, stay cleared out and take on a new function.

9) I hope there are events involved it quests. Perhaps the siege on Harrogath quest should be more like a siege, with forces advancing and you have to actually work together with your team (or the barbarian NPC warriors to hold them back). Maybe time limits somewhere. Maybe outposts in the wilderness that you have to defend against an army that moves against one, regroups, and picks another. Monsters that just wait for you to kill them do get kinda old sometimes.

10) I hope your character eventually gets a sanctuary. Accessible only by waypoint, and you only give your trusted friends access to it. A place with a bigger stash, more extensive alchemy facilities, and who knows what else? We could probably all think of something.

...I also hope that characters can get married. Don't ask me why. Maybe I need a life. Hm...

anyways, I'm not really expecting any of this, just hoping for it. This is what, in my opinion, an ideal DIII would contian. Feel free to share your own hopes, should you feel inclined. What would your ideal DIII have/be like?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  2. HGHLNDR

HGHLNDR IncGamers Member

Re: My personal hopes for DIII if/when it comes out.

Doubt it will but good luck.

3. rizzlan

rizzlan IncGamers Member

I hope they wont change much at all. Add some stuff and one more act, would be enought for me
    That'd be more of a patch however

4. Kryyn

Kryyn IncGamers Member

All that sounds nice, but I'd like some new skills on the original character classes, same feel, but not to where we could all just follow old guides. AND I want a new skeleton minion... >.> Skelly Archer! It would be cool... Maybe not fantastic, but still, cool.

5. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

A big "NO!" to Full 3D.

How will we teleport?

How will we see the "big picture"?

I don't want another WoW-clone. I want top-down view, 'cause that's how hack'n'slash RPG's work.

6. Ravenlord

Ravenlord IncGamers Member

Holy words,mate :wink3:

I love isometric view :grin:

7. Talman

Talman IncGamers Member

I hope u can see more details of the items you put on. Cuz when u put boots on, you can't even see them, same with gloves, would love to see my char wearing them.

And I'd like a quest like Anya, Larzuk or Charsi, where you can instead of imbueing your weapon, socketing or naming it, you can colour it in the colour u want! I'd love some pink swords and armor^^ Pink FTW!

8. killmofasta

killmofasta IncGamers Member

Barbie Dress up.

Pink? Jeez. How about a Tutu? A hack and slash ballerina? I call this the Barbie-Dress up thing. Have you seen what a fashion show Maple Story is? How about a real store to buy pink itemz?

9. Talman

Talman IncGamers Member

Giving other people a laugh with your outfit isn't a crime. Tho Tutus are too much, it must remain protective and must look like armor of course. No fashion shows, just adding some personal aspects to your armor and weapons.

Other people might like some tough colours, I'm anti-tough, I laugh with tough. Even my cellphone is pink to strengthen that fact:D

10. Kryyn

Kryyn IncGamers Member

I'd sport some Rainbow Armor on my Necromancer! ^_^ Lol. But... >.> Red/Purple and Black would make me smexified. Lol.

11. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

My hopes:

Large number of classes, each special in its own way

Good item system

Anyone-can-jump-in a-game-and-help gameplay

Killing groups of enemies, rather than 1v1 type fights.

In other words, what I love about D2.

12. Findux

Findux IncGamers Member

Actually it sounds that you just want a new expansion or something. Diablo 3 would be a whole new game and will not have same chars for example, and especially not same skills and synergys.

13. StevehRogers

StevehRogers IncGamers Member

I would like more character customization, forgive me for using wow as a comparison but something like that when you start up a character, so it would be more personal. Keeping it non total 3d something like how it is now is essential imo. I would like to see new characters and a whole new quest line, hopefully something not as linear as it is at the moment, with lots of "sub quests" etc leading off from the main storey line. Once again I'm comparing to wow but i think some sort of raid system or areas like in wow where you can get a team of your mates and take on tougher monsters than usual, where team work would be more vital, like uber tristram but lots of them with varying difficulties to add something extra to the game for the more experienced serious gamers out there.

14. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Right on! Let's get something fresh!

15. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Barbie Dress up.

Ever seen Guild Wars?

Example: my female Warrior in Primeval blue-dyed armor, with a Forgotten Sword and an Exalted Aegis:

[​IMG]

My point being: Sometimes it's nice to look nice.

16. Tanooki

Tanooki IncGamers Member

To be honest, I'd prefer D2-style graphics to anything resembling WoW or Evercrack (never heard of Guild Wars)

17. mince pies

mince pies IncGamers Member

Maybe Blizzard will release DIII and keep it traditional to DI and DII regarding gameplay, graphics, etc. and then release a "World of Diablo", like WoW but Diablo style so there would be a Diablo MMORPG and a classic DIII. That would suit me fine but if I had to choose between the two I'd go for the classic DIII.

18. StevehRogers

StevehRogers IncGamers Member

I seriously doubt they will release 2 different games. I don't thin D3 will even come this year ( if it even arrives ) I cant see the benefit to blizzard in releasing essentially a copy of wow with diff items and chars, to compete with there own game which is still hugely popular.

19. Sakura

Sakura IncGamers Member

I hope it won't resemble WoW to much, which I doubt it will since the Diablo franchise is different from WoW.

I'm pretty sure that whatever these guys put together it will be great. Especially with xx years in the making:)

One hope I do have for the game is that gold won't have any real valvue, like in DI and DII. Since the gold was only being used to repair stuff (basicly) and dropped by the tons, you couldn't do much with it when trading. If gold in DI and DII had the same valvue as WoW gold you'd seen alot less item trading, and just plain buying and gold grinding, which imo is kinda boring. I loved the item trading concept with DII :D

20. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

I was also kind of skeptical on a 3D hack and slash game, until I played Hellgate London. I love the 3D world, aside from the fact that 90% of the game looks the same. If teleporting still exists in this game, I'm sure there is a way to adapt it to a 3D environment.
    I would be rather disappointed if Blizzard releases a 2D hack and slash/rpg game in this day and age.