Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My paladin - with Azurewrath??

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by crazydaisy, Aug 29, 2006.

1. crazydaisy

crazydaisy IncGamers Member

My paladin - with Azurewrath??

Hi everybody, long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyway, I just have a question about the paladin that I'm in the process of making. I just found Azurewrath (which is the best item that I currently own), and I was wondering what the best paladin build is for Azurewrath. I was thinking something along the lines of a zealadin, or even a smiter, with a fant aura.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Cope

Cope IncGamers Member

I assume this would be for a general PvM character, and in that case, a Zealot using Azurewrath would work out great. With level 20 (or higher fantacism) you wouldn't need any additional IAS to reach the fastest breakpoint with zeal, which leaves the rest of your gear pretty flexible.

3. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

I second what Cope said; Azurewrath is an excellent Zealot weapon. If you need other gear suggestions I suggest Kingdryland's Zealot/1pt Smiter Guide for low-mid pricerange gear options.

4. crazydaisy

crazydaisy IncGamers Member

thanks for the help guys. where might i find this guide, Yerba?

5. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=425449

Look over the gear section; KDL does a great job of supplying ideas for a cheap yet effective Zealot to take on just about everything in PvM.

Also look over the Guides thread and try and get some ideas; Stoutwood is a very knowledgeable Zealot but be cautioned that his guide is meant for PvP, not PvM.

6. soul killer

soul killer Banned

My old Zealot used Azure and he dide 3.5k dmg, that seems low and doesnt compare to the ebotd 9k but i could solo hell in an 8player game because of the huge magic and cold dmg, everything went down fast (especially undead).
    Make sure you have a crap load of life leech since youll have low physical dmg.

7. garion

garion IncGamers Member

yeah the aura helps big time with undead...knockback/stun effects really help to creat space =P...

8. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

... and i think it ignores undead immunities

that would mean no nasty PI ghosts, right?

9. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

I love Azurewrath. I still use it as my primary switch weapon on my Uber killing Zealot.

I don't know if it ignores undead immunities, but it doesn't matter. The Sanctuary aura will push them away. If you want to fight them, the magic and cold damage will kill 'em very quickly.

Azurewrath is also fantastic for running Dkeys for all the reasons already given (wear a Nature's Peace ring to make it really quick and easy). This is a nice way to build wealth quickly.