Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Noobie reasoning for C/C assa

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Indecisive, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Indecisive

Indecisive IncGamers Member

My Noobie reasoning for C/C assa

Ok, I have created a Claw/Claw assa, without any real thought as to what skills I should distribute how to distribute stats. I just wanted to try it out. When I have read this forum and think about what I need exactly, I come to the following conclusions.

I need:

1. Resistance: - I am planning on using fade so I don't need to use much equipment with resistance bonuses.
    2. Hit recovery: 48 FHR or 86 FHR or 200 FHR for 5, 4 resp. 3 hit recovery frames.
    3. IAS: According to this info we use the formula
      EIAS = skill_IAS - WSM + (120*equip_IAS)/(120+equip_IAS)
      WSM = weapon speed. For example the jade talon has -10 WSM, and Bartuc's claw has -30 WSM.
      The skill_IAS comes from BoS and fanaticm.
      The equip_IAS is the IAS that you see on items. Natalyas claw has 40 equip_IAS for example and the Highlord’s wrath has 20 equip_IAS, etc.
      The less frame attacks the better. There are 3 types of attacks that I am planning on using with my C/C assa. First we have the slowest attack, which is Dragon claw finishing move: EIAS table for Dragon claw. Secondly we have Claw Class Weapons Using Tiger Strike, Cobra Strike, and Phoenix Strike. And third Dual Claw using Normal Attack
      If I use Bartuc's as primary weapon, we start with -30 WSM. The WSM of the secondary claw is not taken into account if I understand correctly (unless you want to take advantage of a bug: buggy IAS).
      The third attack is rarely used, and needs the least number of equip_IAS to reach the least frames per attacks (fpa). What I need to decide is whether I need 91 EIAS to get the fastest dragon claw, 76 to get the next fastest dragonclaw or 70 EIAS to get the fastest chargeup frame. I can subtract these numbers with 30 since I use a Bartuc's claw. Converted to equip_IAS, that leaves me with 125, 75 or 60 equip_IAS respectively.

125 equip_IAS is not worth the effort to get from items, since I will sacrifice too much other good stuff in order to obtain it.
      75 equip_IAS shouldn't be too much of a problem to obtain from items. Example: Natalya's Suwyah (40 IAS), highlords wrath (20 IAS) and a 15 IAS jewel.
      60 equip_IAS: I don't need to put a 15 IAS jewel in any item.
    4. To-hit: With Natalya’s Suwyah I can hit everything. And this claw has other some nice bonuses, for example 40 equip_IAS and 200% extra damage vs demons or undead.
    5. Dealing physical damage: Upped Bartuc's, possibly socketed with an Ohm rune (50 ed) or a 40 ed jewel for more damage. The chargeup skill Tiger Strike also comes to mind. The drawback is that I will need to deal with monsters 1 by 1 using this skill.
    6. How to kill monsters faster: I just stack items with crushing blow percentage, open wounds etc. Though, I think a kicker who deals more blows per second is better at taking advantage of these effects.

Now that I have some numbers to go for, I'm making an Excel sheet with different items from Arreat summit, so I can find out faster what items I can use. Does anyone have an already existing spreadsheet with this information so that I don't have to go through with this manually?

Feel free to comment my reasoning too. I know that I must have forgot to take many factors into account.

2. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Re: My Noobie reasoning for C/C assa

Not sure if you've thought about wanting to teleport (with Enigma runeword), if so you'll be wanting some sources of FCR as well.

3. Rocksin

Rocksin IncGamers Member

86 FHR is reachable with the 30 FHR from Bartuc's and 10 FHR from Verdungo's Coil - if you plan on using it, combined with some sks with FHR.
    In PVM, I would go for 48 FHR though.

4. Indecisive

Indecisive IncGamers Member

No, I was not planning on using Enigma for this assassin.

Yeah, perhaps 1 frame difference is not that much.

I think I calculated wrong above. The WSM should be the average of the two claws when using dragon claw and chargeup, right?

5. Rocksin

Rocksin IncGamers Member

Your PM box is full.