Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Newcomer Giveaway [East/nl/sc]

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by distancepieman, Apr 14, 2005.

1. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

My Newcomer Giveaway [East/nl/sc]

I'm anouncing here that I'm about to do my very first "Real" giveaway. I say real because I give things away all the time, but it's not in an orgainized fashion.

Monday night I decided that it was time to try it out, and spent that evening, parts of yesterday, and some time so far today Mfing. Every item found that could be remotely useful was saved and muled over to special mules created for just this. As of right now I have 5 mules full of items ready to be used. I'm stuck at work right now, so I can't give too many specifics on items, but I can tell you most of it is on the lower end for value.

I Mf'd nm and hell Meph and Andy mostly, and collected things such as follows: most of Artic and Isenhart's sets, Death's set, some from Aldur's, venom wards, various unique boots, belts, helms, weapons, a few low runes (nef-hel), have a couple pairs of chance guards, nagel rings, etc.

As you can see, this type of gear is intended to those brand new or returning to the game. Most of it is stuff that the experienced player would pass up, but I think it would be welcome for the newcomers among us.

Rules:
    1.) Applicants must have a genuine need for the provided items.
    2.) Upon checking, applicant's post record should not be full of begging posts, this is meant for honest people that deserve a hand.
    3.) Anyone who's post comes off as begging will not be considered.
    4.) There are no "nigma's" or hotos here, so don't ask.

How to qualify:
    Introduce yourself.
    How long have you played?
    If you were to make a new character, what would it be? (Build type)
    (Obviously must be an East Nonladder player for this to benefit you.)
    Pick a number between 1 and 5. (If this grows, I will let you all know.)

The first qualifying post to request a number will receive it, so pay attention to the posts above yours. If you request a mule already taken, you're post will likely be ignored (Unless it's dead in here or I'm feeling really nice).

I hope to receive a good response to this, and if I do, I'll try to do one per month or so. They'll likely stay about the same quality though, so don't get greedy or anything.

*I will attempt to make all the mules equal as far as their usefulness to a new player, so you won't get 7 green breast plates or anything like that. I will attempt to group sets together though.

Happy Posting, and sorry this took so much space.

~Bails

2. Corin

Corin IncGamers Member

Hey, I'm pretty new to this forum and this game. Well, I just started playin this game about a week ago. I'm lovin it so far!

Hmmm, new character....well, I've seen some chain lightning Sorcs that seem to kick some butt. Or maybe an Amazon that uses Javalins. I think the Sorc sounds good though. I've been reading some magic find articles and that seems like the way to get started.

My favorite number is 2, so I choose that one!! Just whisper me online. My account name *orius.

3. distancepieman

Out of curiosity, how many accounts do you have? You listed one here, and a different one (*cartboy2002) in an earlier intro thread you made.

I took a look over your previous D2 related posts, and it seems that you're pretty respectable. Things may have started off a bit rough, but it won't take you long to see the amount of begging threads that pop up all the time. After a while, you'll understand the irritation it causes for the regulars around here.

Anyways...

Congratulations, you're my first winner. I have everything prepared for you, so as soon as I see you online it's all yours. Just make sure you come with an empty character, as i think there are about 5 empty spaces on the entire mule as it is. I'll be around all night.

~Bails

4. distancepieman

I tried /w you last night, but had no response. I'll be around a bit this afternoon, but I work tonight. If you have any time frames that work, let me know.

~Bails

5. Corin

Corin IncGamers Member

Well I personally only have one account. My roomate gave me his password so I have been playing on his recently. I'm gettin on right now to play till about 4 oclock. other than that, just look for me online i guess! :thumbsup:

6. Corin

Corin IncGamers Member

i'm online, and i see you online....but i can't whisper you for some reason

7. distancepieman

Yeah, forgot to disconnect last night apparently. I'm trying to get ahold of you now, but not getting a response. I'll try to hang around for a bit.

~Bails

8. Corin

Corin IncGamers Member

still cant whisper for some odd reason... but ill be in channel egghead

edit: i'm there, but everytime i whisper you i get that your watchin tv and youll be back, or i cant whisper you

9. distancepieman

Congrats on your win, and good luck to you in your future gaming.

Still a good 4 collections left, any more takers or am I going to be building up my gold stash later? T'would be a shame.

~Bails