Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Newb Life

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by IVIaster, Apr 28, 2005.

1. IVIaster

IVIaster Diabloii.Net Member

My Newb Life

I just recently got Diablo 2, about a month or so back, and I feel like I know quite a bit about the late game. I know what an soj is, a mara's, and all thats tuff, but I still need help. :(

I need help choosing which realm to play on. I want one with not to many people speaking foreign languages (I speak english). I also want one with lots of people to make friends with. I would also like to join a realm that a lot of people on here play in cause you guys all sound really nice.

Also, Ladder or non ladder? Ladder seems more competitive, and I like a challenge, and theres the whole thing about other rune words which is awesome. I want the one more people from here play on.

Hardcore or softcore? I am pretty sure I want softcore but hardcore sounds like a real challenge. And as I said I like a challenge, but I don't wanna cry tooooo much when my character dies ;)

I am looking forward to becoming ana ctive member of this comnunity, and I thank you in advance for replying to my thread if you do.

2. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

Most people on these forums play USeast Ladder. You should have an easier time finding people to play with and trading on there.

3. IVIaster

ok thanks a lot there is one question down, and as I was reading peoples posts I thought of another question. When someone qoutes someone in their post and then says "Amen", what does this mean? is this a church or somehting? I don't get it... :confused:

4. IVIaster

also if anyone would like I am desperatly looking for friends. my account name is iviaster

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Haven't seen "amen" in a while , it might mean someone agreeing with the person quoted, or seconding something.

On a side note you can edit any post you make within 1 hour of creating that post. We preffer that you do that rather than double posting without someone first replying. This is unnatural bumping, and is prohibited on this site.

The forum rules should help you ...take a look at them.

6. IVIaster

oooo ok thats what they meant by double posting I just thought that they meant no double threads... I get it...

7. GameFellow

GameFellow Diabloii.Net Member

HI IVIaster,

Welcome to all the fun! I would like to suggest you play Ladder no matter what realm you choose. There are certain new runewords that can only be made on ladder, plus a couple of cube recipes that are Ladder only. Later when the Ladder season ends (if/when ever :rolleyes: ) you can play non ladder if you like.

Here's a a couple if links to rune words recipes and cube recipes:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

Best of luck!

8. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

hi welcome to the forums. a word of precaution, dont trust random ppl you meet on bnet b/c they will try to cheat and scam you in any way. Generally, ppl on these forums are trustworthy so if you need help, rely on them. :thumbsup:

9. stkrause

stkrause Diabloii.Net Member

Hey, somone reads my posts! :D It was me who wrote that "amen", and just as aragorn_elessar suspected, I wanted to express that I did fully agree with the poster I was quoting. No church involved ;)

And to topic: I allways would choose ladder: Better items, less dupes or hacks, and more challenge. But that's only my personal opinion. And I would advice you not to play hardcore unless you have a little more experience in the game. Else it could get a little bit frustrating...

As i suppose you are from the USA (in europe there's no real choice of realms, there is only one "Europe"-realm), I can't help you much with the realm question (I'm from europe ;))

*stkrause

10. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

11. Elgar

Elgar Diabloii.Net Member

For a second i thought it was me, but I did the "Amen" on another board I visit today (first time in a long time, so it stuck out)

I generally use it as a more emphatic "I 4gr33 !!111!oneone!!!" :)
    (I hope thats proper 1337 speak)

12. stkrause

stkrause Diabloii.Net Member

I think that would be "4(|<!!!111!1eleven" :D

*stkrause

13. IVIaster

I'm confused... L33T speak? oh well I am actually from canada btw, but I kinda wanna play uswest because it seems farther away from Quebec where all the canadian frenchies hang out... and no offense to french people, but I can't understand you. Thanks for all the advice everyone. Ladder it is... and probably useast since it seems more popular.