Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My new WMD and a Fishy question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Feb 6, 2004.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

My new WMD and a Fishy question

First a good news for me, I'm now joined the zod club, with my new weapon of mass destruction.

Breath of the Dying
    Colossus Blade
    'VexHelElEldZodEth'
    One-Hand Damage: 180 to 472
    Two-Hand Damage: 423 to 837
    Required Dexterity: 78
    Required Strength: 141
    Required Level: 69
    Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
    Indestructible
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 85
    Fingerprint: 0xf5d91b54
    +30 to Strength
    +30 to Energy
    +30 to Dexterity
    +30 to Vitality
    +387% Enhanced Damage
    +50 to Attack Rating
    15% Life stolen per hit
    7% Mana stolen per hit
    +1 to Light Radius
    Requirements -20%
    60% Increased Attack Speed
    -25% Target Defense
    Prevent Monster Heal
    200% Damage to Undead
    +50 to Attack Rating against Undead
    Indestructible
    50% Chance to cast Level 20 Poison Nova When You Kill an Enemy
    Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (6: 6 used)

The sword was traded from Vorbiss, a big thanks.
    the zod was cubed. I had Cham and Ber from 1.09, and recently, I had good luck with runes, I cubed a Jah (cubed a Ber first). My frined helped me other runes to cube another Jah. So I own 80% of the Zod. The end result was not very high ED, but I'm pretty happy with it. At least,it didn't turn out to have only 350% ED.

Now a fishy question. My fishy build (mostly naked, weaponless) now maxed both RS and SM. The damage done by my skeleton wasn't very good to handle players 8 in NM, with help of might merc, they still have trouble with boss packs. should I starting work on revive to max it or should I consider a fire golem?

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

No matter what you do, the damage the firegolem does will always be very pitiful. With your mostly naked build you should focus on CE and consider your skellies as a first line of defence. Let the merc get the first corpse and pop it. Works better on players 1, of course. Once you maxed CE, RS, SM and got a few points in revive I'd work on my favorite curses and put a few more points in summon resist.

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

gratz on the weapon, great achievement
    now to speak the legendary words from borlag
    "now i think we need to teach u the magic handshake right?"
    :teeth:

robin

4. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

hey wow, I didn't think I'd have done anything legendary other than few comments at various bars that I regret afterwards.... *grins*

oh yea, and congrats on the blade :)

5. DeathMaster

right now, without block and defence, my necro can't take hit. He has 582 life (with charms) and 50% damage goes to mana (nightsmoke belt upgraded version), and it can run out if he recieve 3 hits. that's not even a boss hit. I serious doubt if he can make through NM. Anyway, If he ever make it, I may consider success and convert him to a normal char (having full armor, shield and weapon!).

6. Nightfish

Damage goes to mana doesn't reduce the ammount of damage you take. All it does is fill your blue orb when you take damage. (like, if something hits you for 100 points of damage you get healed 50 mana)

Come to think of it, you might want to put points on bone armour after you're done with CE and have enough points in revive.

7. DeathMaster

bone armor isn't bad if I have the points. It requires too many points in bone wall and bone prision to get any usefullness. Is bone armor still working the same way as in 1.09? I mean if bone armor can stop 100 damage, monster hit does 150 damage; in 1.09, bone armor gone, but necro recieve no damage. Is it still the same?

8. Starving_Poet

Starving_Poet IncGamers Member

No, from what I can tell Bone Armor is now just castable HP. Not as good as before, but still nothing wrong with it.

9. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Golem? Breath of the Dying?

Iron golem.... hehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehe ;)

10. DeathMaster

That sux. come and think about it. The old way is how things should be. If you are behind a armor (not hold, but the armor fly around you), and something hit the armor and all damage apply on it, it may destory the armor completely, but you should be fine. even the force can go through the armor after destory it, it is not simple 3-2=1.

11. Nightfish

Like if you wear a bullet proof vest and a tank takes a shot at you, the first one doesn't do any damage to you? Yes, that makes sense... :lol:

Not that it matters if it makes sense or not. It's works that way now and it's better than nothing. If you have 800 Life and get hit for 900, you're dead. If you had 150 Bone Armour up you're not dead. Simple as that.

12. DeathMaster

the way bone armor works like you stand behind a wall (not wear a vest! the bone armor fly around you!), and a huge hummer hit the wall, the impact damage (at least most of) if not all gone, has been greatly reduced (impact speed greatly reduced). Now if you stand behind a wall you may still recieve some damage because the bricks may hit you. However, bone armor is a magic wall, it doesn't do that.

To understand better, you can place a hard object behind a wooden wall, let your friend throw a big metal ball at the wall. If your friend is strong enough, he can break the wall, yes, but the object will be fine most likely. The key is impace speed has been reduced. if the speed=0, damage = zero as well. no speed, no impact, no damage, simple as that.

Anyway, this is a very complex physical matter, I'm no expert of it.

13. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

If you throw an object, at a wall, and the wall breaks, the object doesn't just cease to fly forward. If the impact was powerful enough, it will continue on its path.

Therefore, if you throw a hammer at your bone armor, and the impact of the hammer exceeds what the bone armor is capable of handling, then the bone armor will collapse and the extra momentum beyond the momentum lost from collision with the bone armor will continue to propel the hammer forward and the resultant would be damage to the necromancer.

You fail to realize that reduction doesn't necessarily mean reducing to zero.

The key is yes, the impact will reduce the speed.

Just because an impact occurred doesn't necessarily mean that the speed will automatically become zero. You said it yourself, it will be reduced, but no, not necessarily set to zero.

14. DeathMaster

I didn't say it will always be zero. but the impace is not what 100-50=50 for sure. Let's say a hummer can deal 100 damage when travel at 10km/h, if it hits a wooden wall, broke it and still fly. but speed reduced to 1km/h and hit something. The impact then is certainly not 100/10=10, it is much much less than 10 for sure, in fact the impact will be next to zero. eg. the crash impact of cars, at 20km/h, you will be fine, no impact to driver inside in practice, but at 40km/h, it is very different story.

15. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

The physics of the collisions you are discussing are way too complex to be used to be compared with a VIDEO GAME. For cryin out loud here. Its not like D2 is anywhere close to realistic, so then why are you trying to hold it to a realistic physics model?

I must say, half the people I run into on these forums are so anal it makes me shudder when I think that they also exist in the real world.

16. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

mkay..... :scratch:

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

vajar, who is anal here? well, ok i can think of a few peopel who dont post nough to be rememebered, but who visits regualrly and is anal all the time?

18. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Just ran into a few people lately on different forums. Maybe its just bad luck.

19. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

I'm I the only one NOT finding good runes? :lol:

Congrats on the mighty weapon! :worship:

20. DeathMaster

I didn't. I did say the old way "how bone armor worked" was more close to realistic physics model, now it changed to not only way out of realisitc, but it sux.

and then there were misunderstanding and I was just trying to explain what would happen in case of a bone armor thingy in real life, that was all.

D2 is just a game, it is easy to do "10-5=5 : 1.10 patch" or "if A > B then set A = 0 & B = 0 : 1.09 and early patch". It is possible to do a mixed number like if damage > bone armor, then damage = (damage - bone armor absorb) * damage penalty. But it is not up to me.

@Ti-Ben: if you found your char in good luck (more drop) of rune, no matter if it is small El or big Um, never stop, until the luck ran out, the game seems having a rune mod, you just need to hit right at it. eg. I had seen once Amn, Ort, El, Eld drop in few mins of play (not rune run, or MF), then I kept playing same area until no more rune in half hour. In the end, I got enough to make a Pul and Um (dropped 2x Pul) with a El or Eld left.

@vajar: what does "anal" mean here SPF? I hope it is not what I know of.