My new toy.

Moog_playa

Diabloii.Net Member
My new toy.

I don't know if anyone has posted one of these yet, and with my last piece of the rune pie found last weekend, I finally did it...made a DOOM...

Doomsayer Cryptic Axe
'HelOhmUmLoCham'
Two-Hand Damage: 153 to 699
Durability: 62 of 65
Required Dexterity: 82
Required Strength: 132
Required Level: 67
Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xa37f9fd4
+366% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
45% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to All Skill Levels
Freezes Target
25% Chance of Open Wounds
20% Deadly Strike
Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura When Equipped
5% Chance to cast Level 18 Volcano on striking
-42% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Socketed (5: 5 used)

So now my Might merc is dual-aura, and shatters almost every enemy...this is a beautiful weapon. And Volcano is quite fun as well. It seems to actually damage things! Imagine that!

It's quite entertaining to Tele into the middle of a Carver camp and start throwing hammers, then the Volcano goes off, and everything's shattering, and balls of lava are hitting the ground. Makes me want to do some sort of guttural warrior scream of some sort :D

Moog_playa

Diabloii.Net Member
ULTIMATER said:
Thats a impressive weapon! And a impressive rune collection too *drools*

All hail Moog! :worship:

Rune collection? What's that?

Heh...it's officially depleted now. Anything above, like, Ko I think, is all gone :( Poor me.

Kamelbarn

Diabloii.Net Member
Really nice! Is it built for your merc? Just thought about the choice of weapon. I would have gone for a Great Polearm or a Giant Thresher,´.

Dr. Strangelove

Diabloii.Net Member
this is something, i could only manage to craft me a crescent moon one.

peace, NSK factory, and don't forget biscuits for smut

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
euhm can anyone spell SWEEEEET :lol:
nice weapon u got there, but if it was for your merc, why not make it in a ethereal one?? that kicked SO much more *** :p

still nice weapon,

Moog_playa

Diabloii.Net Member
Eventually it will find its way to a Berserk barbarian...with the Freeze aura that should slow down enemies so I don't get pounded as much.

Other weapons have a really high requirement, this was about the best I could find in a couple weeks of play.

Dantteer

Diabloii.Net Member
really I´m too jealous, I´m a frenzy barb and this and a crescent moon would be my desired weapons, loool
:clap:

Moog_playa

Diabloii.Net Member
Dantteer said:
really I´m too jealous, I´m a frenzy barb and this and a crescent moon would be my desired weapons, loool
:clap:
2-handed weapons though...cryptic axe is a polearm.

Wouldn';t that be the best though...weild two polearms heh heh heh

Dantteer

Diabloii.Net Member
Moog_playa said:
weild two polearms heh heh heh
Yes I can imagine a giant barb chopping everything with his 2 BIG polearms and shouting like a bass nazgul :lol:
but I meant the dual with berserk axes

Lucky_Seven

Diabloii.Net Member
Does the "Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura When Equipped" stack with the aura in the holy freeze Aura?

And does the "+2 to All Skill Levels" Stack with "Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura When Equipped" :)?

Does anybody knows the answers :)

P.S. by the way nice toy :D

ElderDruid

Diabloii.Net Member
Moog_playa said:
I don't know if anyone has posted one of these yet, and with my last piece of the rune pie found last weekend, I finally did it...made a DOOM...
Imagine screwing up the rune order placement. I guess you don't attempt something like that unless you're 100% wide awake and completely undistracted.

Moog_playa

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh...true...I popped on to two sites just in case, and double-checked my references...I have all the runewords written down, but still...that would truly suck.

BWT...Yes, it does stack with a HF mercs own aura...it seems to make a really really huge HF aura, basically covering the whole screen. I started that way, but went to a Might merc for the dual-aura madness...now he does almost 10k dmg with Concentration up as well as Might.

And I believe the +2 skills affects the aura as well.

+2 skills will effect all his natural skills, but if its like us using weapons, it wont add to the HF aura, as havign +2 to all and X lvl skill on the same item dont stack on humans.