Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My new Fury Druid - what next?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by lukefojut, May 3, 2008.

1. lukefojut

lukefojut IncGamers Member

My new Fury Druid - what next?

Hey Druids!

I'm in the process of rebuilding my pure Fury Druid and would like some gear/stat/skill suggestions before I finish him: Ok it's a bit of a showoff thread, but I did take weeks to trade for all his gear.... He's PvM and Ubers..

Stats (with items atm):

Str 138 (put in about 25 here)
    Dex 90 (base)
    Vita 2404 (base with Oak, w/out BO :smiley:)
    Energy 75 (base)
    444 spare points - I worry my AR will create problems?

Skills:

Werewolf 20
    Lycanthropy 20
    Feral Rage 1
    Rabies 1
    Fury 20
    Oak Sage 20
    19 spare points, maybe 1-2 more with some quests

Gear:

Jalals +200% ED, socketed with 15 @Res jewel (what would be best in socket?)
    Highlord's (is there a better option?)
    Fortitude perfect roll in a +11% ED Wire Fleece :cloud9: (this stays)
    Ribcracker perfect, ethereal, upgraded 'Zod' (this stays)
    Dracs 10% LL, +15 Str (this stays)
    Verdungos 40/15 (would a rare belt be better? what sort of mods should I look for?)
    Ravenfrost 249/20 (this stays)
    Crafted ring 5% ML, 3% LL, +25 Str, +18 Life, +6% Fire res, +26% Poison res (I wanted some more leeches +Str glitch. Is there a significantly better option?)
    Gores (random, sold my perfect ones by mistake :embarassed:) (these were just the first ones that came to hand - what do you guys use?)
    Shape Skillers +6 Str, +6 Str, +21 Life, +25 Life, +29 Life, +30 Life, +31 Life, +34 Life, +39 Life (should I go for all lifers? Anyone got a decent statistical comparison of skillers vs max/ar/lifers?)
    Torch 18/18 (standard, not too back for c/i as I only have a 6 frame attack)
    Anni 17/11/x (would like better, but not too rich at the moment!)
    Various tasty SCs... (frw/res, res/life, fhr/res)
    Resists are 66/45/80/75 in Hell

2. PacoQuerak

PacoQuerak IncGamers Member

Re: My new Fury Druid - what next?

This is just pvm? Make your fhr hit 86 with ribcracker, get all lifers, dump everything into vita max how? put a point in bear? i mean you don't really need much more. mabee since pvm you would be better off with coh but depends on your resists.

But of course everything i just said is completly different if you ever intend to pvp.

3. lukefojut

Only way I can make 86% FHR is by switching out my Dungos for a rare belt, or using SCs. My resists are stated under the gear section thanks :smiley:

4. PacoQuerak

Uhm Jalals + ribcracker + 6 fhr... mabee a 7 fhr jewel? that's what i got in my jalals
    my jewel is 7fhr/9 strength/9 dex/ 27 ed but my wolf is pure pvp
    top 5 east ladder atleast brotha!

5. lukefojut

You mean literally, or is this just bragging? :wink3:

I actually checked out the stats. He has +100% FHR, so no problems there. I suppose +152% would be possible (if I switch out the STR for FHR Skillers, use a FHR/Res jewel and 4 more FHR SCs). Then again, I don't know if the benefits I'd lose from the other SCs would justify it.. seems unlikely.

Or I could use a rare belt, meaning I wouldn't have to change the SCs... Anyone out there hit +152% FHR? Is it worth it?

6. PacoQuerak

the next breakpoint is a lot higher than 150~ it's like 250
    just make 86, thats all you need
    and yes i am very good

7. lukefojut

It's 280 - I was looking at the FHR breakpoints for a Druid in Human form. I took him through Hell Act 5 to finish some quests and killed Baal for my Patriarch rating. The only thing that took much life from him was Lister's pack, until leech did its thing. He went through Baal in about 5-10 Seconds, which is good for my setup when it's unfinished and he still has base Vita :smiley:

8. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

It's actually 200 for a wolf for 2 frame FHR, though it's not necessary at all. The 7% jewel in Jalal's would be excellent, especially if you can pick up resists on it. From the looks of it, a rare one with 7 fhr and pris res with high cold would be perfect, though a magical one with 7 fhr and high cold would be a TON cheaper and functionally the same. You might also pick up a Treachery for prebuff, then you will have 30% DR + stack out the wazoo, which is a nice cushion until Tap triggers. Other than that, killer setup :D

9. lukefojut

I've never seen a rare Jewel with FHR prismatic resists, don't know if it can spawn. I already have a +7% FHR/8 or 10 @Res jewel, so that would do. I have a treachery - didn't mention it as it's not part of my standard setup.

Btw: This page disagrees with your figures:
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551#General Breakpoints

10. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

I'll be buggered...I'll have to experiment with that sometime :D Also, I'm quite sure it can spawn, there's someone with some super sexy Jeweler's/Whale with 4 of em in it (in fact, they were fhr/pris res/ED/life rare jewels...shudder to think what THAT cost). But all things considered, I'd say stick the 7/10 you have in it, with Treachery adding another 60 as a prebuff, you probably won't notice the missing 5 off the jewel.

11. lukefojut

12. lukefojut

Quick update on this (been a few days, so hopefully not a bump!

I took this chap into an Uber game and he had severe problems with PIs and general speed. Looks like I'm going to have to sell my Super-Ribby for something with a better IAS :undecided:

Also, as expected, I need to look at his AR. I'm not sure whether a new Ravenfrost would make any difference, or whether just to go low tech and switch on Angelic Amulet/Ring.

13. monte cristo

monte cristo IncGamers Member

Its not speed thats a problem - Your fury just keeps getting interrupted. Get that lot of the times during key/uber runs with my fury/rabies wolf. The monters with physical AND psn immunites are realy a pain - the only solution i can think of is have a point in fire claws (with all skill points from gear it would be lev 15+), thats enough to deal with them. As for the fury problem I reccomend equiping merc with pride - 20% chance for uninterrupted attack from concentration realy makes the difference.

EDIT: Forgot about the ar - 3x ar scs are the way to go, and the merc should have blessed aim -> along with pride this packs one heck of a combo ;)

14. PacoQuerak

Having some poison scs with all the exact same damage/secons will help a lot more then lvl 1 fire claws.
    I just try to single out baal from the rest of them and use feral rage if his minions are swarming you. Level 20 feral rage helps a lot vs ubers