My Name is Earl

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
My Name is Earl

Anyone else watch this show? This is probably the best show on TV at the moment (here anyway).
 

jackthelad

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah watched that when it was on here. Was really funny in parts, but like most American comedy (Scrubs, Friends etc.) seems to have a penchant for going all soppy & deep at points, 'exploring human relationships' & junk like that, but mostly v funny! Enjoyed it, waiting for the next series to start here.
 

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
It comes on right before The Office, and I agree, these two shows are the best on TV.

I love Earl's relationship with the Crab Man and the dynamic between Earl and Joy.

The Y2K episode is one of the best episodes of any sitcom I have ever seen.
 
It is good, but I see it getting killed off soon. All the funny shows like this have a cult following and then it dies.

Freaks and Geeks
Invader Zim
Daria
Dead Like Me
etc
 

jackthelad

Diabloii.Net Member
Daria- I loved Daria, thought it was v underrated.

myleftfoot said:
My opinion has been made up, you watch **** TV.
Coming from someone who thinks Only Fools & Horses is one of the best sitcoms of all time, Im sure Dondrei isnt too worried!
 

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
Anyone else watch this show? This is probably the best show on TV at the moment (here anyway).
Of course. It combines a few of my favorite things:
  • Jason Lee
  • Mullets
  • Dim people
What more could you want?
 

myleftfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
jackthelad said:
Coming from someone who thinks Only Fools & Horses is one of the best sitcoms of all time, Im sure Dondrei isnt too worried!
I never said it was one of the best sitcoms of all time. I gave 3 random sit coms I like & the popularity of it thru the early 90s proves me correct.
 

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
It is good, but I see it getting killed off soon. All the funny shows like this have a cult following and then it dies.
Add Arrested Development to that list.

That was the best show on television when it got canned.
 

Spellsinger

Diabloii.Net Member
Anything with Jason Lee is great in my book.

One intresting note on Jason Lee..he used to be a pro skater.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
jackthelad said:
Yeah watched that when it was on here. Was really funny in parts, but like most American comedy (Scrubs, Friends etc.) seems to have a penchant for going all soppy & deep at points, 'exploring human relationships' & junk like that, but mostly v funny! Enjoyed it, waiting for the next series to start here.
It's true, a lot of them do that. I thought the serious bits weren't intrusive though (unlike Friends, or worst of all Mad About You).

Yaboosh said:
I love Earl's relationship with the Crab Man and the dynamic between Earl and Joy.
Yeah, Joy's hilarious.

myleftfoot said:
My opinion has been made up, you watch **** TV.
Clearly we have very different tastes. Like, I like good things and you don't.

{KOW}Spazed said:
It is good, but I see it getting killed off soon. All the funny shows like this have a cult following and then it dies.

Freaks and Geeks
Invader Zim
Daria
Dead Like Me
etc
Yeah, unfortunately. I liked Daria, I don't think we ever got Invader Zim here though.

Great, isn't it? Something really funny like this gets axed ASAP while some mainstream garbage like Two and a Half Men or Will & Grace groans on into the fiftieth season. What's wrong with people?

Croup said:
Add Arrested Development to that list.

That was the best show on television when it got canned.
Absolutely. In fact that's still probably my favourite sitcom of all time (admittedly, that's not saying much).

Carnage-DVS said:
Scrubs is superior.
Eh, maybe back in its heyday, but Scrubs is getting a bit past it.
 

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with it being a bit tired now. But sometimes I like the sappy moments. The episode where Cox's wife's brother died was amazing (Brendon Frasier is his name I believe).

Arrested Development is pure bliss, or rather was. Curb your Enthusiasm, Entourage are some other good ones running right now.
And even though it's more drama than comedy, Rescue Me is funny as hell.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Carnage-DVS said:
I agree with it being a bit tired now. But sometimes I like the sappy moments. The episode where Cox's wife's brother died was amazing (Brendon Frasier is his name I believe).
That was a great episode, definitely. But wasn't that a season or two ago now?

Carnage-DVS said:
Curb your Enthusiasm, Entourage are some other good ones running right now.
And even though it's more drama than comedy, Rescue Me is funny as hell.
We're not getting those... *sigh*

Phesto said:
The best show on television is Nip/Tuck.
I hate you and everything you stand for. I also didn't know that was still going.

pancakeman said:
You are missing out.
I know, I know.
 
Top