Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My "moving" story *long rant*

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jonas, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Jonas

Jonas IncGamers Member

My "moving" story *long rant*

Well, I'm back from about a 4 week ordeal, away from the OTF, or my entire computer for that matter. My family was moving. YAY! (Moving in a GOOD way)

I'm pretty sure that MOST of you on this forum have moved to a different house at least once during your life. At least I HOPE so. Well, I have moved about 8 times during my life, and I am finally in a great house. The amount of effort it took to get everything ready in this house was UNGODLY.

First of all...the house. Great home. Blue, big backyard, garage...it is great. Unfortunately, it took a long time to get in here. A LONG time. Firts of all, we had to try out about 4 different banks to get us a mortgage deal that DIDN'T send us into the pits of bankruptcy. Most of them offered us the house for about $1800 a month. Yep. $1800. We finally got a good deal that was considerably less money than the others, and we were poised to move in. We began to pack our belongings and tidy up the rooms.

Disaster strikes. I won't give away a chapter of my life story, but my mom got divorced about 2 years ago. Our previous house was givin to my stepfather, and he agreed to make the house payments by himself. And guess what? he wasn't. He was living in the house, but wasn't making the payments. In fact, he hadn't made a single payment since we had moved out. So our past house was gone. Hooray. And they thought that WE were supposed to be making the payments. So we had to write to a lawyer to get it all straightened out. It took about 3 months. The bank apparently hadn't believed us until the 3rd time we showed them the actual statement.

Now, in order to move into our house, we had to pay about $400 to get our home inspected by some guys who made sure that the home was suited for living in (can't think of the word, help me out). So we got a phone call from the guys saying that everything was ship-shape, that the house was OK. There was just one problem.

They hadn't even been in the house.

They stated, in a letter to the mortgage dealers, that the house was about 1500 square feet, there was a broken pipe leading to the downstairs bathroom, and the basement was completely unfinished. In reality, the house was more near 2300 square feet, there was NO BROKEN PIPE, and the basement was completely FINISH with the exception of one little tiny storage room.

This totally confirms that the real estate industry has completely gone to hell.

So, long part of the story short, we most likely put a couple companies out of business, and FINALLY got to move into our house. Happy times, right? Nope, not yet.

Our refrigerator. Big, sleek, sexy refrigerator (well, if you can consider fridge sexy, but you get my point) was set to be delivered on Monday. It didn't show up. They phones us to say that there was a shipping error, and that it would be here on Wednesday. So we were stuck with this little 2-foot crappy pop-fridge with all of our cold goods in it. The delivery came on Wednesday, but they hadn't shipped the DAMN POWER CORD. So we sent it back to them, they delivered a new fridge NEXT Monday.

Now, it's onto the stove. No, I'm not done, sit down.

Our stove/computer fridge'd oven that are the new, hip thing on my block around here, was delivered on Friday. But LO AND BEHOLD, it does NOT WORK. New one came in the next Thursday.

Internet connection is next. I stuck with DSL in my past house, and now we were going to get it again. But guess what, if you haven't guessed already, THAT didn't work out either. I swear that all if this is 100% true. Customer service pointed out that for us to get DSL in our new house, they has to disconnect the service in our OLD house. And it was fine. Except that they didn't issue a disconnect. So we called them again. They said they would do it again. They didn't. We called them AGAIN COMPLAINING that we would switch services if they did not help us. They said they would issue a disconnect next Monday. We waited. THEY-DID-NOT.

Now, you can imagine that our family was about ready to launch an all-out war with the state of Washington. But we, instead, comprimised to switch to Cable.

So, while I eat my Peach Smoothie mixed with crushed Ritalin pills, I finish my tedious rant.

And THAT was why I was gone.

Now...drinks all around. :buddies: (Edit: No, wait, drinks for all the people who actually took the time to read this whine. :lol: )

2. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

My cousins are in the middle of moving. They have a 3 story house, they have tons and tons of stuff and haven't even started packing and they have to be out of the house by the 23rd. They don't even have a house picked out so they are going to have to live in hotels until they find one. Its madness. All of this because my uncle didn't want to pay another house payment.

3. Jonas

Jonas IncGamers Member

My family is so completely covinced that we will never be more the 25 feet away from our house ever again, that you would have to drag us away with Humvees. Moving is so hard nowadays. At least for me.

4. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Congrats on the new house, but man all those little things.. That's enough to drive you crazy :cheesy: Hope all goes well for you now lol :drool:

5. Jonas

Jonas IncGamers Member

The only thing that we DIDN'T have any problems with was our new T.V. That's about it.

Just typing about this gives me a headache.

6. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

How was switching to cable a comprimise? In my experiance DSL is slower and has waaay worse customer support. . .not to mention getting it is like going to hell and back. I had DSL for about a year and had problems up the wazoo with it. I called them and called them never actually getting to a human on the other end. I called cable once and an hour later I had it up and running. . .given the guy said that it was a slow day and he had happened to be in my nieghborhood setting up the box anyhow.

Sorry to hear about the harsh move. *grabs a drink*

*Hugs 10meg cable* I love it when they double the speed of the service for free.

{KOW}:cheesy:

7. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I've moved six times in the last three years. You couldn't drag me out of my current place with a tank.

8. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

who drags stuff with a tank? Tanks are for blowin up stuff :bonk:

9. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

They're also for dragging people out of places they don't want to leave. BUT IT WON'T WORK!!!

*crams the business end of an umbrella up cougar's nose and opens it*

10. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

Haha.. too bad im NOSELESS.. psssht, amateur.

11. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

*does the same with an umbrella to the opposite end of cougar*

12. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

yeah.. too bad im REC.......... err... you win