Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My movies of the week

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gibby, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Gibby

Gibby Banned

My movies of the week

Hey! This is Gibby and I'm going to share the movies I have seen this week and how they stack up against each other. In theatres I watched The Longest Yard and Madagascar, and at home I watched Club Dread. (1)Club Dread- Though a very teenage movie, and nothing that would normally get a good critique, I thought that this movie was outrageous and I have already purchased it. If you don't like teenage comedies, I don't suggest you watch this movie.(2) The Longest Yard- There were very many funny parts in this film, but the movie didn't really take advantage of having comic geniuses(or whatever)such as Adam Sandler and Chris Rock. If you don't like these two actors then I don't suggest you see this movie. (3) Madagascar- I'll just go right out and say it, Madagascar wasn't very good...I expected it to be atleast pretty funny, but I was highly dissapointed finding that it was hardly funny at all. This movie is just too much for younger kids. Ages 4-10 :) Unless you have children near this age avoid this movie... Please share the movies that you have seen this week, and make comments on my critiques. Thanks, Gibby.

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

That's disappointing, I had high hopes for Madagascar. Of course, your taste might be completely different than mine. I loved The Incredibles, Shrek, Ice Age, Monsters Inc, Shrek 2 (saw 'em all in theaters).

3. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Well I enjoy all the ones you posted..EXCEPT Madagascar. I almost feel alseep actually..and I never do that. Heck even in the last 20 mins of the show I turned to see my oldest (5yrs)..with his eyes closed.
    Its decent if you have nothing else to watch..and you really, really want to take your kids to see something..but otherwise dont build them up like I did. They haven't even mentioned it to anyone..which usually means they didnt care for it much.

4. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

Dreamworks are complete noobs. I don't know why they even bother. Shrek 2 was the only thing they did that was worth seeing and even that was just an over-the-top joke spamfest.

5. Gibby

Gibby Banned

Same here...

6. DaviddeJong

DaviddeJong IncGamers Member

Too bad, I'm a fan of those kids-movies that are really fun for "grown-ups" as well...... like Shrek and Ice Age.... and had hopes for Madagascar. I am still going to see it as soon as it comes out.... but I won't be expecting as much as before (which might be better).

David.

Gibby, you could have just posted this on KnightFall's thread..... but, ah well...

7. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

What's wrong with using my already weekly run thread for this?

Regards,
    KnightFall

8. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

your thread wasn't on the front page when he made this, presumably he didn't know about it

9. DaviddeJong

DaviddeJong IncGamers Member

But, but, but, KnightFall..... I was tricked into using this thread, I didn't mean it, I wanted to go back to yours, I'm so sorry, I, I, I......

Yeah, it kind of divided the discussion, which wasn't making it more clear....

David.

10. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

Ah well that explains it I guess...

Gibby it seems pointless to have two film threads every week does it not?

Maybe if I change mine, from 'What have you seen this week?', to a more general film discussion thread then we won't need both?

What do you think?

KnightFall