Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Might merc equipment

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Bengalfang, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Bengalfang

Bengalfang IncGamers Member

My Might merc equipment

Right now he is wearing Tal's Mask and has the Reaper's Toll. I also have a Bonehew but that requires 4 more lvls for him. And since I am lvl ** and probably won't reach 92 anytime soon, I was thinking of socketing Tals with a str jewel or something to give him 4 more St. And then giving him a Bonehew socketed with at least one amn. Do you guys think this is a good idea? Or should I look for another helm or keep my set up now?

Thanks

2. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

Try putting a Hel rune into one of the sockets and an Amn into the other. If a Hel is not avaliable, go to Act One Normal and look for jewels. I find -15% req. jewels constantly there.

3. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

My Might Merc got a unique high damage spear socketed with 3 Amn's. He almost never died. I give credit to HoS, because that's his idea. The 3 Amn's regenerate his health almost constantly.

4. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

My merc has a Ethereal andy's visage, godly boneweave of the something-or-other to give him strength and a 2 amn bonehew. He is self sufficient except when IM is present OR he is cursed and there is a horde of fanatacized archers.

5. soulesschild

soulesschild IncGamers Member

my mercs got a eth ogre ax crescent moon, durys shell and stealskull, how do you recommend i get more str? socket durys with a pamythest and his stealskull with a pamythest for +20 str? durys also adds +15 str

6. belth

belth IncGamers Member

I'd keep the Reaper's Toll instead of Bonehew, my sorc's defiance mercs survivability atleast doubled if not tripled by switching Bonehew to Reaper's Toll.

7. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Crushing blow/Open Wounds set up on merc for boss runs.

This is the gear i'm trying to get together for running hell baal/mephi with my skelemancer.

Ethereal Hone Sundan socketed shael/amn/amn
    Crow Caw socketed P.Topaz
    Guillaume's Face socketed P. Topaz

This will give overall

80% crushing blow
    48% MF
    14% life leech
    7 FPA (down from 8)
    35% open wounds

He survives hell baal fine at the moment without any resists gear, and only 5% life leech and a similar dmg weapon. Hopefully the crushing blow will speed things up a lot when i ever get the stuff together. It took 15 minutes to kill baal last time, for a great big pile of junk.

Can anyone point me to a formula for open wounds dmg with char lvl btw?

8. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

Defiance mercs are humorous. My frenzy baba has a defienace merc with the unique war pike (+80% def), courpsemourn and a gaze. With my warcries and his aura they can barely hit the bugger!! :D

9. disci

disci IncGamers Member

My merc got:
    Rockstopper
    Guardian Angel
    Reaper's Toll(amn)

Should I change armor to something else?
    He got lightning and cold resistance above 85 with this armor and rest are near 80.

10. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Keep the armor, upgrade it and put an Um in it for some merc loving :)

11. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Hmm, consider Steel Carapace instead of Corpsemourn? It's like a heavily improved version ;)

12. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

I made the same mistake when 1.10 1st came out.... so eager to try out the bonehew. So I did all I can to bring my char lvl and merc lvl to 85. In the end, it was a disappointment... :teeth: thresher beats bonehew hands down.

13. Terraformer

Terraformer IncGamers Member

In my experience using a might merc with a nightfish build, i have used several different weapons on my merc. But the one i keep coming back to is an etherial +4 skills arioc. the + skills boost the damage on my merc and skeles considerably and if you use tals helm or vampire gaze for those richer players, he only dies to iron maiden. but thats just my 2 cents.

14. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

is it just me, or is everyone missing the 1 crappy mod on reapers for mancers.....

XX% CHANCE TO CAST DECREPIFY

the hell with someone overriding my curses. Bonehew is good lovin'

g

:howdy:

15. LordHumungus

LordHumungus IncGamers Member

Have you considered looking for an ethereal bonehew? It'll cost a bit, but if you really luv your merc.... The eth will lower the str req. and up it to well over 800 damage. I have a dual amn one on my skellymancers might merc as well as a stealskull and um'ed duriels. Iron maiden is the only thing that ever kills him...not even diablo or baal kill him.
    Plus it won't change your curse...even though the decrep has a very small range

Eth Bonmehew rules!!

16. Bengalfang

Bengalfang IncGamers Member

What is Thresher?

And to Terraformer what is a +4 skills arioc? And how does +skills affect your merc and skellies?

17. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I have a +4 230%ed ETH Arioc's that I got my skeliemancer's merc about 20 levels to use

18. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I'm not sure what an Eth Bonmehew is ;) but I got an Ethereal Bonehew on ladder for a blackhand key. The guy was going to trade me that and a 30% nagel for it (blackhand is hardly worth that much IMO) and he switched the nagel to 29% when trading, but I didn't care. And he though he ripped ME off...heh heh he :D

19. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Well that sure is causing some problems, but vs bosses, well duh, I dont have to do anything! Just making some coffee and watching news from TV. :)

Ofcos I could change it on when facing boss, but dont have any other good weapon and I lazy ;)

20. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

The Ethereal Bonehew is the best weapon for a Necro's Merc in my opinion since it does massive damage and does not overide my curses. I also use a Reapers Toll on the Holy Freeze merc of my Fireclaws Druid and that works wonderfully (superslow effect and Decrepify breaks physical immunes) for him but is not good for a Necro.