Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My MF guy sucks?!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by IvIetal, Apr 6, 2004.

1. IvIetal

IvIetal IncGamers Member

My MF guy sucks?!

I'm new as you can tell by the post count.. So don't bash on me too much..

I used to play a while ago.. On my MF/WW/Barb named Vernon Hardaple.. I just logged on and he sucks now and never gets the good drops I used to get.. Here is what Vernon is all about..

Skills.
    Max WW
    Max Find Item
    Max Swords
    5 Battle Orders

Base Stats.
    185 str
    120 dex
    120 Vit

Magic Find = 443

Main Gear.
    2 Ali Baba's
    Wealth Armor
    IK socketed P Topaz helm
    no name other stuff that gives MF.

I know he isn't anything to look at but in the past like around 6-7 months ago he owned.. Gave me great loot and other stuffs now he just sucks.. I bring him to Hell and get owned by a fallen.. A FALLEN..

Made a new account and want to start it out with another MF Barb.. What would be best for him? If you play Eastserver then /w me *ivietal..

Please knowledged good sirs.. Help me.. :bow:

2. fallen angel of satan

fallen angel of satan IncGamers Member

hmm an mf barb, its a while since ive played one of them, monsters have so many more hp that they used to and so the only way (in my opinion) to get a barb to be able to hurt things at all in hell is a conc barb, hals guide (the sticky at the top of the page is a good guide to making a hard barb, as for gear I am just giving an idea here, it could be really bad but this is what I would try.

shako(ptopaz)
    tals armor amu and belt (if you can afford it enigma and goldwrap + mf ammy, if you play europe I have a +2 barb mf ammy, but I think its only 27%)
    wts
    chancies
    duel leech rings if you can afford them, if not then a ll and a ml ring
    your main weapon is just prefernce and what you can afford, if you like swords this is the order godly rare>BoTD>GF>moderate rare, cruel>doom>there are alot of a much of a muchness here, but I quite like flamebellow because of the fire damage, helps for physical immunes
    then of course duel ali baba's swords (with ists in if you can afford) on switch

the only bit ime am not sure about, is what skill to swap for find item, because that is a very useful skill for an mf barb, hehe, i think I would use it instead of shout, and then lvl shout after but I could get called an idiot for that kind of comment,

personally though I advise an mf sorc instead of an mf barb for the soul reason sorcs can have insane damage in the new patch and they are incredable and doing mf runs. much faster than I know I could do with a barb, and mf runs are all about speed, elss so about mf nowadays

I hope this was useful in some tiny way

Ime new to these forums to btw hehe, my 1st day, lol but I have been playing d2 for a long long long time hehe

3. IvIetal

IvIetal IncGamers Member

:rant:

Well the only reason I loved playing my Barb was because of Item Find/MFing.. I know it is slow going with a barb mfing and all but it was hella fun.. Oh well... Back when I did play the sorc was the best MF back then too.. I guess I'll just play a reg pvp barb then... *Sigh* I just loved mfing with Vernon.. Thanks.. :(

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I have an absolute tank of a MF barb, but his MF is rather low, sacrificed for killing power and survivability

if ali babas are your main weap then you have a problem, they make good weapon switches but dual wielding them makes for a weak barb alright, if even you had one powerful weapon and an ali baba in your off hand you would be in better shape

my MF barb is predicated on double schaefers and atma's ammy, he's a frenzy barb and I find him to be very effective at killing hell meph, but his resists are poor and he is overly specialized towards that task and does not function well elsewhere

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

here's a simple test. take your ali babas, ignoring the enhanced damage, and compare it's "real" damage to any of the elite unique swords. that is why you can't kill anything in hell.

read "ww discussion" about why ww with ali babas is not effective.

right now, looking at your char, you aren't going to be able to kill anything in hell. at best, you can make a career for yourself by just entering nearly dead games and looting the leftover corpses.

a quick fix would be to get a better sword. with ww and masteries, you can make your barb a decent killer.

6. IvIetal

IvIetal IncGamers Member

Thanks alot guys..

I am making a new MF barb IvIetal USEast..

He's gonna basicly be sorta cookie cutter Hal-Con barb with Item Find, axe mastery.. Speaking of axes I got a new one.. Tell me if you guys think it's good or not.

Ethereal Edge
    Silver Edged Axe
    2 hand DMG 241 to 429
    very fast attack speed
    Indestructible
    *25% Increased Attack Speed
    *160%Enhanced DMG
    *346% to attack rating
    *176% DMG to Demons
    *12% Fire Absorb
    *9 Life after each demon kill
    Ethereal

No sockets so was going to socket it and add something but no clue what.. Help! :grrr:

7. fallen angel of satan

fallen angel of satan IncGamers Member

hmm, personally I dont like that axe, and it is quite a commen drop for me, if you are going for a two handed axe I personally think hellslayer rules, and non eth versions arent that expensive, but if you can get eth, all the better. of course that is ignoring the BoTD weapons, which (I could could have got this wrong) are out of your budget.

O and btw I never said odnt play an mf barb, they are still viable just slower, but i do advise dual ali babas on switch for the last nm of mephis hp or pindles or whoever you are mfin the extra 160%mf(at lvl 80) is just too good to miss, since you will have probably skimped elsewhere so that you can kill things.

Good luck witht he barb and tell us how he turns out when you have finished