Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My meph results recorded

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by WackenOpenAir, Mar 11, 2004.

1. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

My meph results recorded

I have done 50 mephruns with 287 MF in private 1 player games on HCL and recorded:

61 magic items found.
    91 rare items found.
    32 set items found.
    28 unique items found.
    212 total items found.

1.22 magic items found per run
    1.82 rare items found per run
    0.64 set items found per run
    0.56 unique items found per run
    4.24 total items found per run

I will soon try to do meph runs with no mf and meph runs in more player games. I will post those results later.

For those interested in what usefull things i foud:

ethereal gerkes
    buriza
    thunder stroke
    trang-oul gloves
    IK gloves
    ethereal edge
    gore riders
    hone sudan
    frostburn
    corpsemourn
    angelic amulet x2

(euro hcl, so most of you dont need to ask me for trades :))

2. zanex

zanex IncGamers Member

What char did you use, and are we talking Hell or NM?

3. the_tree

the_tree IncGamers Member

Wow, thanks for the extensive results. I especially like the break down of items found per run. Very helpful :thumbsup:

4. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Some decent finds there. Will be cool to see your results after runs with no MF. Wanna bet the items will be better? :thumbsup:

-Backdoor Bandit

5. WackenOpenAir

Its done on hell with a blizzard sorc.

6. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Why would they be better?

7. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

Because of murphys law and everythings extreme levels of irony nowadays?

8. WackenOpenAir

hehe, the first 3 runs, i almost thought you would be right, i found a thundergods and valkyrie wing in run 1 and 3 respectively.

The total results however: I only did 20 runs now since the rewards proved to be really small, and the results were so obvious and consistent (the set and unique items are well spread over the 20 runs) 20 runs would be enough.

in 20 runs hell mephi runs with 0 mf and 1 player i found:
    between () the values with MF and the effect of the 287 MF.

56 magic items
    21 rare items
    3 set items
    6 unique items
    86 total items

2.8 magic item per run (1.22 , -56%)
    1.05 rare item per run (1.82 , +73%)
    0.15 set item per run (0.64 , +326%)
    0.3 unique item per run (0.56 , +87% )
    4.3 total items per run (4.24)

The fact that the difference for set items is bigger than the use MF shows 20 runs is not enough to have accurate results. This is most importantly because the number of set items was so low (1 more would make a huge impact) the numbers for magic and rare items should be reasonably accurate.

If anyone wants to do another 30 runs with 0 mf, he could add the numbers together. Or you can do 50 of your own if you want :D.
    Also would i like to do runs with a significantly higher amount of mf, but i aint gonna be able to get that. So for me the only thing that remains to do is testing the effect of multiple players in the game. Since it is hard to find full games where mephi is not already killed and i do not play in weekends, this might take a while. I will repost when i have done so. If anyone wants to add his results, go ahead and reply.

The usefull items i found in the 0 MF runs are:

Tgods
    Valk wing
    Twichthroe
    rare flying axe close to 300 ed and 10 ias.

9. toader

toader Banned

Let me know how your are counting items and Ill be glad to put together some of my own statistics sometime this week to compare.

My main question is:
    Are you counting potions, scrolls, etc as items?

Let me know your system and I put together a high MF case, a medium MF case and a zero MF case. Ill try to do 50 runs each. That should take me about 3 hours or so. Anyways, let me know and Ill put something together for Meph, and maybe even for Andy.

10. WackenOpenAir

I just take a paper with 4 collumns: magic, rare, set, unique. And write down the numbers every run.

i did not count potions, arrows, bolts, gems and whatever other white crap he drops.

If you want to be more complete however there are a few things you could add.
    -potions, arrows, bolts, gems and whatever other white crap he drops.
    -amount of normal, exceptional and unique items.
    -so called "failed uniques" these are magic items with tripple the durability, they should have been unique, but mephi's level is not high enough to drop them or there is no unique of the item in case.

I would have done it if my diablo knowledge was enough to recognise every item as being normal, exceptional or unique by name. unfortunately my knowledge is not.

edit: oh charms are included in the magic items in my countings since i didnt really even look at what the blue items were. I just found a charm on of the last runs and then realised i didnt count them seperately. Most likely however, no charm has dropped in the other runs since doing baal runs has trained my eyes well enough to recognise the word charm and rune within a mess of items without using any brain activity. You can record them seperatly of course if you find any.

11. toader

toader Banned

Well, I think that scroll, potions etc should be counted as items.

Before a scroll drops, the computer sees it as just an item. Then it decides what kind of item. That scroll could have rolled into a elite unique or something.

I also think it would be more accurate to keep a separate "charms" column. And you might as well make a column called "junk" for scrolls, pots, keys, arrows, etc) and a column called "normals" (for white or grey items).

Keeping track of elite/excep/normal would be very tedious. Tedious to the point that the runs would take to long. I also think it would be too tedious to keep track of the triple durabilities.

I think the appropriate columns for this should be:
    Unique
    Set
    Rare
    Magic
    Normals
    Junk
    Charm
    Jewels

Then you can divide it up into how how many of each column dropped per run as well as how many total items (including ALL items) dropped per run. If I do this over the next week, this will be the method I follow. The only problem I see myself running into will be finding a unique jewel or charm. If I find those...ill count them seperatly from all other, but as items.

12. WackenOpenAir

yes, only normals, jewels and runes he did not drop at all. charms only one most likely as i explained.
    Junk is pretty regular though (i estimate slightly less than 1 per run average)

13. toader

toader Banned

oops, ya, add a column for runes