Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Magic Finding Route for Hell

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nesjan, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Nesjan

Nesjan Diabloii.Net Member

I find it difficult nowadays to run the same monsters over and over, so i have come up with a magic finding route through Hell that works really well for me. Ill post it here. Ill post the MF level of the area/monster as well as the highest rune drop.

Act 1:
    -Blood Raven(lvl 89)(Vex)
    -BoneBreaker(lvl 85)(Cham)-only if you roll a good map and he is right by the entrance of the crypt, if you really need to kill this monster Crypt is Lvl 83
    -Mausoleum(lvl 85)
    -The Countess (lvl 82)(Lo) (Always drops 1 or more runes)
    -The Pits (lvl 85)
    -Andariel (Lvl 73)(Lo) (high chance for unique and set drops)

Act 2:
    -Maggot Lair(lvl 84-85)
    -Coldworm the Burrower(lvl 89)(Zod)
    -Ancient Tunnels (lvl 85)
    -Duriel (lvl 89)(Ber)

Act 3:
    -Lower Kurast(lvl 80)(This is where people to rune hunt a lot, although i have not had much luck)
    -Stormtree (lvl 83)(Cham) (In Lower Kurast anyways so might as well)
    -Ruined Temple(lvl 84)
    -Battlemaid Sarina(lvl87)(Cham)
    -Sewers (lvl 84-85)
    -Icehawk Riftwing(lvl 87)(Cham)
    -Forgotten Temple, Disused Relinquary, Ruined Fane( All Lvl 85)
    -The High Council (Travincal and DoH all Lvl 86)(Cham)
    -Mephisto (lvl 87)(Cham) (High chance for uniques and sets)

Act4:
    -Hephisto the Armorer (lvl88)(Zod)
    -Chaos Sanctuary (lvl 85)
    -Infector of Souls (lvl 89)(Zod)
    -Grand Vizer of Chaos (lvl 89)(Zod)
    -Lord De Seis (lvl 89)(Cham)
    -Diablo (lvl 94)(Zod) (high chance of uniques and sets)

Act 5:
    -Shenk and Eldritch (lvl 84)(Zod) (Close to waypoint and quick)
    -Pindleskin (lvl 86)(Zod)
    -Nihlathak (lvl 95)(Zod)
    -Snapchit Shatter (lvl 86)(Zod) (Has a super chest behind him, only worth it if roll a good map)
    -Throne of Destruction to Baal all lvl 85 and higher.

If you are sick of running the same monsters over and over this is a great magic find route through Hell!

2. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

Which char/build is most/least suitable for respective area? I can not imagine that Mausoleum is good for a Lightning build without infinity for instance.

3. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

If you go for MF, it's on /p1, so a lot of builds should work, as long as you have Teleport and either dual element or a reliable way to break immunes (mainly Infinity for casters and Lawbringer / Reaper's for physical damage characters).

@Nesjan What you do certainly isn't most efficient, but having fun obviously is the most important aspect of the game. I sometimes run different targets as well, when getting tired of doing the same one over and over again. I'm not doing anywhere near as many targets as you do though. But with static maps in SP, it might definitely be worth it to check on all the targets you mention here, see for which ones that character has reasonably good maps and then run only those.

4. Nesjan

Nesjan Diabloii.Net Member

Yea in Hell P/1 i would say most builds are safe to run most of these areas, unless like you stated a straight lightning sorc would obviously have trouble with the Mausoleum, i always have dual element Sorcs though. My Zealot has trouble with some of the PI, but as long as you isolate the monster and have something like Gimmershreds on switch with a few points in Vengeance your good. I know its not the most efficient but i enjoy doing this run and it seems to work well for magic finding.
    Question for you guys, is Lower Kurast the best area to Rune hunt? just watching videos on youtube it seems like thats the most popular spot.

5. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

For most players, LK is the best area, and most popular.
    For elite players, Travincal would probably be better.
    For those wanting something different, Cow running may not be the most efficient (I don't know for sure,) but you gotta love the LFzon/Light sorces.
    There is a thread somewhere which compares the main rune hunting areas, builds etc.

The difference is how long you want to commit to rolling a really good seed, which places all of the Council in one group together, and how much you already have to set up a character specifically for Travincal. It /can/ be very dangerous for mid-range tier setups, and a death is deeds or a decent amount of slow-down in your run.

I'll come back to this, as I have to head out now, and hopefully someone else can chip in.

6. DaveW

DaveW Diabloii.Net Member

LK is very good for hunting runes and I think according to some more learned than me, the best rune hunting area since 1.13. Just one problem: it is really repetitive aka BORING ... Personally I run Travincal coz it is more challenging but be careful, esp if you play HC. (Btw I actually deedsed in LK last year. Running with an untwinked Meteorb without any FHR and got slapped down by those gorilla guys. How embarassing ... lol)

T72on1 and drmalawi like this.