Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Mage - Can anyone point out any potential problems? ifr

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by vietl0yalty, Jun 1, 2005.

1. vietl0yalty

vietl0yalty IncGamers Member

My Mage - Can anyone point out any potential problems?

ok i have been working on my pally for a long time and i ve decided to make a mage with no CTA... life seems a bit low but i havent finished leveling him yet... anyways there are certain classes i know i will have problems with and if anyone can help me point out the problem and what i need to do... i appreciate it... so my gear is:

20/15 Cham'd Griffons
    Enigma Mage Plate
    +2 pally 10fcr 25str 16 all resists amulet
    40/15 dungo
    2x sojs
    bloodfists
    waterwalks/30frw 9dex 40lit resist 37 cold resist boots/hotspurs
    2x 45 base resist sacred targes (one is 205 lit resist and other is 205 cold resist)
    399/45resist sacred targe phoenix
    40ed/-15req stormshield
    grief naga (i also have a grief phase if i want to smite since my AR is really bad... smite will be 7fpa)
    Hoto/Ber'd HOZ - switch 1
    +3 conviction +2 foh 25/25 scepter/ 5/5 lit facet'd hoz - switch 2

10x p combats
    9x 20life/resist sc's
    anni

hes at lvl 87 right now... 2175 life with the resist switch and 2200 ish with waterwalks etc against meleers... 6k hammers and 2.6k foh dmg but im plannin to lvl him up to 95 and finish all my skill quests... my foh dmg will be 5.3k-5.5k foh... bottom line i got 75 fcr 31 dr 54 fhr (i think thats 1bp away from 86... but using vigor charge as movement i d figure that d be more than enough) and at my ideal lvl i should have like 2.4k... hopefully 2.5k

now i realize i have grief and phoenix + resist shields for the casters but will my 3k AR be enough to kill sorcs? should i get like 2x p ravens or somethin for that situation... and i have that 40ed/-15req stormshield in stash with grief to charge windys but that doesnt seem like a good idea anymore so should i ditch it?

and is there any other equipment i should consider getting? is there anything i have right now that i dont need? please i need opinions... thanx for whoever is reading this

2. HeavAngel

HeavAngel Paladin Moderator

3. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

this is direct quote from dimoak

"Nice guide.

What about Griffon's Eye for a helm? Can add quite a bit to FoH.

BTW, I calculated the 'best' skill placement at 90 with
    HoTO
    Enig
    Griffon (faceted)
    Mara
    HoZ (faceted)
    2x Soj (or bk)
    Arach
    Anni
    10x Combats
    CTA

20 Vigor
    16 Holy Shock
    15 Blessed Hammer
    13 FoH
    10 Conviction (-150)
    9 Blessed aim
    1 Concentrate, 1 Holy Shield, 1 Salvation, 1 all prereqs. This is the best dmg output as far as synergy/skill goes.
    Gives you a 6.5k Blessed Hammer and a 5.2k FoH

Not quite sure about points after 90 but I think Blessed Aim would add the most. Can get you up to 8k + hammers."

and this is true. i dont remember my exact stats but my old old mage had 6k foh and 8k hammers.

4. vietl0yalty

did that mage use cannot be frozen?

5. vietl0yalty

i just tried putting all those skill points exactly how u stated them and the damage output on both is 5.7k hammers and 4.7k foh... unless i am doing something wrong i dont see 6.5k hammers and 5.2k foh...

6. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

what level are you? for mine.. i focused most of my attention on foh damage beforei got into hammer damage. only skill amount i am 100% sure i had was 17 into holy shock. my convic didnt lower by 150 either.. mine was like 125. but all in all. i finished at level 92 and i had 8k hammers.

only reason i broke him shortly after was because i totally blew up on the stats.. he had 2600 life AFTER bo ><

7. vietl0yalty

what realm are you on dkay?

if you are on east please give me your account or whisper me at *vietl0yalty

8. LoVePlAyBoY

LoVePlAyBoY IncGamers Member

smite is uneffect by attack rating

you min hammer dmg should be 6k on all forms of switch gear etc because foh can be negated and you can't rely on weak hammers ( kinda of dbl negative )

why do you use grief/phoniex are you make judicator??

9. vietl0yalty

i tried but my charge's AR is way too low even for sorcs i think... im remaking him with a cta on switch and 6k hammers/5kfoh on same switch

10. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Mages are hard to balance and harder to play. Gl =P

11. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

that guide is before griffons on non ladder.

With griffons it gives you a chance to add more to hammers.

FOH can be easily negated, i'd try to go more into hammers or best max dmg as much as u can

12. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

yes davie is right. after you somehow perfect oyur skill points.. you have another problem of hotkeys and such. i actually used mine with f keys which surprised a lot of people. i had to use like.. 7 keys constantly in duels. but its effectiveness made it so worth it.

viet i am on west and i had my friends strip and sell all my items. (yes i quit)

13. vietl0yalty

damn sorry to hear dkay... but wen u quit this game its always for the better in real life

on another note i think 6k hammers is decent enough to duel with... and since im rebuilding him to use cta on switch... the foh dmg i can get is 5k (not lvl 25 conviction but like -130 and -20 from griffons so thats basically -150) and this should give me alot more life/mana so thats less to worry about... btw this guy will be done at lvl 95

including all skills quests... i placed points into
    14 blessed hammers
    09 blessed aim
    19 vigor
    03 concentration
    16 foh
    16 holy shock
    07 conviction
    11 prerequisites (its really 23 but -12 from all skills quests = 11)

10x p combats
    13+ all skills from equipment
    15+ combat skills

if anyone can come up with a better skill placement... i d appreciate it but i think i did it right

equipment is the same... thanx for the replies guys

14. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

if you can hit a minimum of 6k hammers and 5k foh.. trust me your very well off.

reason i left my convic at 125ish or even lower is because. if a player is going to stack resist against me.. hes going to get well over 150 so might as well save some skill points. but thats just my logic.

15. vietl0yalty

true indeed.. like i said im leaving my conviction at like -130 and letting griffons do the other -20 (or should i take more points off from conviction and pump more into foh/holy shock?)

also now that i choose to have hammer/foh on same switch and cta on other switch... would i face mana problems? i know that hoto gives max mana 10% and cta boosts it by a fair amount... also got 3x 20life/17mana sc's in stash so as my 2 rings... should it be 2x sojs? 1x soj 1x bk ring? or 2x bk rings?