Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My lvl 47 crushingblow werebear dueler

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Mr.Bogohossian, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

My lvl 47 crushingblow werebear dueler

HI guys i just want to know what you guys think of this build. btw its in hardcore ladder so strategy is a little bit different.

skills
    20 into lycantrophy
    20 into oak
    1 into werebear/shockwave/maul
    5 into wolves

equips
    full orphan's set
    gorerider
    angelic ammy/ring(for life/ar)
    raven 20 dex
    fleshrender/2 shapeshifting helm/3 shape ammy in stash for boost when shapeshifting.

weapon i have in mind is
    Pompeii's Wrath
    Crowbill
    One-Hand Damage: (33-37) To (81-91) (57-64 Avg)
    Required Level: 45
    Required Strength: 94
    Required Dexterity: 70
    Range: 2
    Durability: 26
    Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
    +140-170% Enhanced Damage(varies)
    Adds 35-150 Fire Damage
    Slows Target By 50%
    4% Chance To Cast Level 8 Volcano On Striking
    Knockback

THe reason i choose this was because i had limited source of choices and this one stands out with 50% slow knockback. Dueling in hardcore where everything is allowed so slow is considered a strategy. also with that i can hit 10 fpa with 50 oias which is about 2.5 attacks per sec. The whole point of this build was to hit really fast with crushing blow, open wounds and some deadly strike. With high life/defence. 5 wolves are used for distractions while bear hit. I have considered headstriker but it dont fit into my plan of slowing and knocking back, also needs more ias to hit fast. Any advice on this char before i test him out on the field?
    Remember
    a) he will be only lvl 47
    b) i had limited source of good stuff on hcl thus this is a cheap build.

2. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Okie, first things first. How much life you think people you duel will have? I mean at elvel 47 your not going to have alot of life. That seems to mean taht crushing blow which is penalized in PvP might be too little dmg.

i belivebe its 1/8 opponents life. If anything, get a decent weapon that actaully does dmg.

3. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

I'm not big on Hardcore dueling, but since Barry isn't around anymore, I will give you what advice I can.

If you're going to be relying on Crushing Blow, you're going to want to focus more on speed than anything. DS/CS obviously would help you out more if you had more damage, and OW just needs to trigger to help you out. So that leaves you in sort of a dilemma for what to look for. Personally I would go the speed route as I would with a normal Werebear. For this, I would get a 6 Socket Crowbill with 105 WIAS through either Shaels or Mod/IAS jewels. You could do the same with a 6 Socket Naga with 115 WIAS. These two weapons will get you to 5-Frame Maul/FC/Normal attack. The Naga also has range 5.

Also I would look into getting a level 1 FC also because of it being unblockable, so get a Maul charge for stun and then switch to FC, and all of your different triggers will still trigger.

4. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

thx, thats a really good advice, so 6x shael crowbill? how about knout?. higher max i believe

5. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Knout is higher by 1 max but the min is 1 lower. So the average is the same actually. It can also only get 5 sockets on it, so that's why I didn't really suggest it.

Unless you have some nice jewels for the Crowbill, and aren't going to just use all Shaels, I would use the Naga for higher damage. It's range 3 not 5 compared to the range of 2 on a Crowbill, I was thinking speed and not range.

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I think Orphan Helm, Goblin Toe, maybe Venom Grip and Toothrow is it? Lotta crushing blow. Then just go with a roboesque type of naga or somethin. Malice runeword is also nice for OW.

7. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I think you should keep your level at about 34 (for Guillaume's Face). In that case, you try to fight opponents level 50 and under. If you go with level 47, you are 13 levels higher (expect to face enemies 10 levels higher also) and still do about the same damage.