Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My little idea what Blizzard should do regarding ladder seasons de

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by dusters, Jun 11, 2005.

1. dusters

dusters IncGamers Member

My little idea what Blizzard should do regarding ladder seasons

Since I am back from the retirement of Diablo and I dunno what has been going, please do not blame me for this thought.
    So if Blizzard has left Diablo to flow and they are not going to release any new patches soon (unless the miracle happen :lol: ), why they can not shorten the ladder reset time? 9 months (or more?) are too long IMO, because mainly only real Diablo fans have left to play and these can train a char to a level 99 in much shorter time. Getting godly items also does not take so long time, so it is kinda pointless to have such a long ladder reset time. I think that if Blizzard want to leave Diablo on it own for some time, they should shorten the ladder reset time and somehow make it harder to use Bots in the game. These two things will redempt the game and IMO everyone will be much happier than now.

P.S

Why all the programmers who play Diablo 2 LOD simply should not go and protest for neglecting the game? I think that some (or at least few) of these programmers are smart enough to join Blizzard and help them to release something regarding the game faster :lol:

2. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

That's been one of my main gripes all along. On the other hand, not everybody is a power gamer. If the ladder seasons are too short, it's going to make the weekend-only players unhappy and probably the newbies too (and in spite of how old this game is, there are still plenty of newbies around BNet).

3. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

Most D2 Players don't get godly items quickly. And no one likes their ladder chars to be nonladder chars it pisses them off.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well even now the only ones who have lvl 99 characters have to play many hours a day to get it. Shortening the ladder time would mean it would be hard for less dedicated/those with social lives to get a high level ladder character. I think 9 months is a reasonable time.

5. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I would like for my ladder characters to become non-ladder characters right this very second. Actually, I would have liked it a number of months ago. I'd rather have short ladder seasons... 2-3 months maybe.

-Matt

6. JesusbeJesus

JesusbeJesus IncGamers Member

I don't think they should shorten the ladder season. I think bob is right for the weekend player or someone who doesn't get a chance to play for 3-5hrs everyday it would be difficult to enjoy the game. Shorter ladder would mean that they would only get so far, so many items before the ladder resets and they lose everything to nonladder. I prefer ladder my self so I wish it was longer. Just my thoughts :thumbsup:

7. dusters

dusters IncGamers Member

Maybe Blizzard should cast a poll on Battle.net itself about this question for a week or even two weeks with 3 - 5 options of the best ladder length. If it is not possible, then on offical Diablo 2 LOD boards, although mainly addicted (or 3rd party program using?) people use offical Diablo boards, where they tend to trade with godly items (maybe I think wrong, it is just my opinion about the offical Diablo boards).

8. zaba_the_man

zaba_the_man Banned

shortening ladder reset time just increase amount of bots

9. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

I hope they don't have a reward for the winner this time. They'd just be rewarding a botter. :(

10. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

9 months.............. it takes about 3 months alone with out looking for items, and just pure lvling (with BOTTING which is happening consentily on uswest ladder) and to get from 98-99 takes about 4 months alone.... and taht was my mate on uswest hcl, he told me and he was baaling for like 9 hours a day

11. dusters

dusters IncGamers Member

Well, I see that people have different thoughts about the ladder season length, but I think that everyone will agree that Blizzard must stop botting for good if they have decided to leave Diablo on its own!

12. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Dupes first. At least botted items won't poof on a legit player that trades everything he has for it.

13. Solien

Solien IncGamers Member

Double post.

14. Solien

Solien IncGamers Member

If you cant level fast, get godly items in 9 months, you shouldn't even be playing the ladder. PERIOD. Especially if you play HCL.

It gets really boring and people get impatient about this ladder reset. I have a feeling JULY 8th will be our day, if not, I totally have my doubts out for the Diablo 2 community. I too am a hardcore fan of diablo 2, but dont feel like playing because I only play for the ladder because it makes it fun.

*My opinion on about people who can't level fast.

-Ladder is mainly for those who want to compete. I dont see anybody compete anymore now that it's been a long 11 months since the last reset. REALLY boring for hardcore ladder players atm. When ladder is suppose to be about levels and not items is what makes ladder so much fun.

-Im not being an elitist, im just trying to further more my reasoning on how ladder should be played. IT's a style of playing.

15. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

i dont like the economy on non-ladder :S lots of dupes tehre (in ladder also but not that high Oo)

16. DeMeVeR

DeMeVeR IncGamers Member

very little bots make it to 99, becuase they still rip and they lose about 26M exp
    i'm studying the bots on europe realm to see if they make it but they all seem to rip once every 3 - 4 days
    and in the beginning of season, nobody will be able to equip a bot to survive that good, try to get enigma that fast in a ladder season...

17. JesusbeJesus

JesusbeJesus IncGamers Member

That sort of wrong to say. I agree it is a style of playing but the economy on NL sucks as someone has said. People play ladder because of the better economy and because of the better items. I play ladder because of the perks it offers. Not because I'm competing with other people. Sure I'm jealous of the level 99 chars with uber godly items but to shorten the length would kill the fun of playing it.
    Just my opinion. Don't take it like I'm coming down on anyone.

18. Solien

Solien IncGamers Member

I was going for the top char on D2 USEAST HCL back in july. I was a good run for it, ended up dieing 3rd on the ladder the first day. Then I ended up dieing with my 2nd char 6th in the ladder on the 2nd week at lvl 97 due to travincal having two fire explodings at the sametime >_<.

http://www.angelfire.com/punk3/fwoodskaters/33.jpg Picture of my paly on the 4th day. (Pally ladder - #4) <- Copy link into browser.

19. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Why? Personally, I would no longer player Diablo-2 if they made it that way, since it takes a long time for me to achieve anything: I don't get to play that much. I don't know whether I'll play D2 again if they destroy the ladder chars now.

They should have separated the botting part from the playing part: make a separate highscore-competing realm which resets once a week or something like that, and leave the rest of the game for the players. I mean, who is really interested in braindead baal botting to get to lvl 99? Even the so-called "prices" they had at the beginning were just junk; it would have been much cheaper to simply buy those plastic toys and play something more interesting instead :)

Sure, Blizzard isn't particulary interested to keep players in D2, so it doesn't matter for them whether I stick around or not. There's so many companies with so many nice games...

EDIT:

You can't stop bots (and they aren't a problem anyway) --- the design of Diablo-2 is inherently flawed, with *way* too much information in the client.

At this time I'm not completely sure that botting/cheating can be prevented, even for a properly designed game (cheating cannot be prevented for sure, and I'm pretty confident that botting can be made very difficult...).

But it's just too simple to make a bot for D2, since essentially all necessary information is completely available in the client. They just hacked some multiplayer elements into the existing singleplayer game...

20. dusters

dusters IncGamers Member

Good idea, Blizzard have understood that their game are simply too buggy, so they better focus on less buggy games instead of working 150% to fix flaws in the client of Diablo 2 LOD :D