Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My latest FE bug report

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, May 17, 2005.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

My latest FE bug report

I know lot of boys and girls here think I'm such n00b that I made up all those FE bug thing. But here is my latest addition to this famous bug.

Part of my old info in the FAQ that I listed an argument:

c. Argument - The Poison Cloud left by Embalmed type monsters could be bugged when the Unique in the pack is FE. Getting poisoned by a cloud left by the Unique or one of the minions may apply some form of additional damage. Being mobbed by a pack of FE Embalmed types could mean none avoidable death, since each one you kill will hit you with additional damage once his cloud gets to you (which will happen every time when surrounded).

Now I think I may want to close this argument, with my pally (cleaning fake tombs in hell A2), and based on his clear cases in A2, I'm 99% sure there is no more argument, it is true. This bug happened twice to my pally in same act.

What happened was perseved dead boss (random boss) been FE. the boss itself ain't problem, however each of his minions took instant ~800-900 HP away if my pally happened to touch the poison cloud!!! with resist 90/90/90/95, max block and shako + string, it was impossible without the bug. What seemed happening, judging from the damage, appears that each minion death cloud carried the boss FE explosion damage! I was lucky to take them one by one, otherwise my pally would be instantly killed. Merc seems taking no extra damage however (I ended up to let merc handle last two minions because it was impossible to seperate them).

If anyone wants to verify my claim, the best way to do it, is to run A2 tombs, if you are "lucky" (getting FE "plain" perserved dead boss, and FE bug kicks in), kill the boss first than melee each of his minions, you will see the problem.

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

scary. ahwell. onwards we must charge!

Another thing you might want to test out is that shapeshifted druids appear to be immune to the FE bug. with all the shifted druids i've played in hell none of them had to worry about FE. ever it's one hell of a streak of luck or they are 1337.

3. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I experienced a death from Embalmed type monsters too (SC, lvl 95! character in WSK2). But I think that the explosion damage is triggered when the after-death animation (poison cloud in this case) starts. I have died right after the embalmed monster died, while normally I am not hitted by poison cloud for a second (poison cloud is tight at first and slowly spreads a little).

4. Hiedran

Hiedran IncGamers Member

@DeathMaster: One characteristic of enchanted bosses and their minions is that the minions often get to attack with the element. When fighting Pitspawn (Jail 2 CE) I have noticed his minions get to chill me. So what might be going on with the embalmed is that the poison cloud carries the fire enchantment as well. It would be interesting to see what happens with a CE embalmed's poison cloud without CBF equipment.

@corax: I've noticed that shifted druids aren't immune, but they do have a safety net. When hit by a mortal FE, they'll unshift with 1 HP remaining. I took a HC druid all the way to H. Ancients before succumbing to a FE WW.

5. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

hmm are you sure it s from the poison cloud ? cause normaly you dont walk into it when you dont move till it disapears... :rolleyes: hitting em whit shift pressed should work, well it always did for me. so it aint the poison cloud imho

(as hrus said, actualy... damn i should read befor i post :) )

6. Sledge

Sledge IncGamers Member

my fury druid was not immune, killed by FE death frost nova in one of the act 5 tunnels... (his fire resistance was low)
    But my iron barb chewed up most FE things. Including a Hell ancients death explosion (went from 3k life to... single digits), 1 Hell ancients FE pulse, wiped about 3/4s of a bulb off, before a town portal was cast. That was with 90 resistance and 49% damage reduction, and a dwarf star. Really only the hell ancients pose any danger when you have enough life/resistance/damage reduction.

7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

What´s interesting is that if you stand still (and thus, don´t get poisoned by the death cloud) you will still take the bugged FE damage when an FE mummy minion dies next to you.

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Im pretty sure its not the poison cloud. The explosion damage will hit my characters even if I don't walk into poison, and even if I did that, no extra damage will occur (except the tiny poison damage). I believe they explode like the boss itself, but no CE animation is showed. Same thing with beetles but the invisible explosion happens every time they release lightning bolts

9. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

The poison cloud probably has something to do with it. Otherwise, why would mummy minions be different than FE minions of other monster types? You take no damage at all if you stand next to dying FE minions of other monster types (i.e. those that aren´t mummies or beetles).

10. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

They have a "special effect" when they die

beetles have lightning bolts
    mummies have poison clouds
    stygian dolls just explode

Hmm, I think I just listed all monster who can hurt you when they die? (except suicide minions)

11. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Interesting, I don't recall if my pally took any damage when standing next to dying minion, but not touching the cloud. It seems to me that the cloud does something to trigger the FE damage.

I agree that druid is not immune to FE damages, just he has more life and in the worst case, he will transfer back to human form (hit potion fast, really fast ...). I could remember my druid was saved by this "safety net" (it is millions times better than Howard so called "safety net").