My last Diablo 2 character

steveokle

Diabloii.Net Member
My last Diablo 2 character

I've just re-installed Diablo 2 (again, the 10th time, I keep saying to myself I will never play it again, but hey)

So this time I'm going to level 99

What char/build? I want something that really owns, is fun, and its gotta be item dependent to give me something to do, if you know what I mean

Was thinking about a fishy? Or some kind of druid? I'm a damage freak so thats the main thing

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
You should get a build you really enjoy since its a long long journey :)

On behalf of my fellow maidens, might I suggest a lightning zon :) Minimum investment in other skills(valk lvl 17, d/a/e 1), everything else into lightning skills.

DMPI_Masher

Diabloii.Net Member
Unless you are listening to something other than the constant howl of the Druids Hurricaine...or the Heeeuh Heeeuh Heeeuh Heeeuh of the Palidin Hammerdin that simply makes me want to jump off the local bridge after 1 hour of play!

Might I suggest a Straffezon or Zeal Palidin (insert fav killing aura here)

If you do go for the builds mentioned above I would hope you would play to music and turn off the game sound effects.

- Masher

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
How about a CL/FO sorc, she is somewhat item dependant (shines with more +skills) but more important, she can hold her own against baal and his minions and even get some MF'ing going.. You allways have to consider the baaling when you want to go 99.

''Mil & Sam''

steveokle

Diabloii.Net Member
*scratches head*

Damn Diablo 2 and its versitility!!

A melee character with a really big hurting pole would be nice, viable to 99?

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
steveokle said:
*scratches head*

Not unless your melee character has 13000+ HP alternating between an Enigma and a 1.07 valor and your really big hurting pole is an 1.07 eBotD GPA.

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
steveokle said:
*scratches head*

It is viable but really, really difficult

Oblivion Knights can spawn in the Throne...if they cast IM on your character while you are fighting some monsters you will kill yourself in 1 hit

Also, Fire Enhanced monsters are bugged. Stay near one of those when it dies and you are toast.

Every time your character dies at high lvls, it means you have just lost all the exp you have gained during the last few days

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
I would like to recommend not going with a Fishymancer. While they can effeciently do Baal runs, they can't effeciently do them on /players 8.

At least not any that I know of.

steveokle

Diabloii.Net Member
Damn, I just started one

I really wanted to make a melee character - too bad all the good damage dealers are ranged/magic :(

Oh well, looks like ill have to start a wind druid

I think your biggest worry shouldnt be your damage, but your commitment,. you already said you keep on giving up on the game, and the 1 thing that you really cant do with a 99 atempt is keep on giving up, cause you'll never finish it then.
If you want to go for a melee build, do so, since if you get all the hell to hell baal and find you dont enjoy the character, your screwed.
I think the best way to get to 99 is begin MFing, and then you have 2 motives. do runs for items and for EXP. If the only reason your killing is for the exp, it will be harder to enjoy it.

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
6 hours a day for 6 months isn't an exageration by the way. Getting to 99 in patch 1.10 was pretty much designed to be impossible. Few have done it. The few that have done it on Bnet do it with lots of help. SP players from this forum who have done it alone are what... one or two? And they're locked in a rubber room somewhere.