My last Barbarian thoughts.

BierWiser

Diabloii.Net Member
My last Barbarian thoughts.

I have made a few threads on things to do with my whirlwind barbarian. All have been clarified except...

NON-LADDER DUELER WHIRLWIND BARBARIAN.

Belt : Is a 40/15% Verdungos best?
Boots : Gore Riders?
Helm : I am wondering something. Instead of using a Ravenfrost, could I put a Cham in my Arreat's and use two Angelic Rings, along with the Amulet? Higher attack rating would be better, and I wouldn't be able to be frozen.
 

AlmostInfinity

Diabloii.Net Member
Belt - Verdungo's for melee, arachs for casters
Boots - Gores or tri resist for casters
Helm - ed / 2nd mod jewel
Jewelery - angelics against high def opponents (barbs, paladins), highlords + ravens for everything else. Being frozen really only affects your run/walk speed and not your ww hits (I think, correct me guys).
 

mainaman

Diabloii.Net Member
AlmostInfinity said:
Belt - Verdungo's for melee, arachs for casters
Boots - Gores or tri resist for casters
Helm - ed / 2nd mod jewel
Jewelery - angelics against high def opponents (barbs, paladins), highlords + ravens for everything else. Being frozen really only affects your run/walk speed and not your ww hits (I think, correct me guys).
dungo is only rarely neede on a bvc
arachnid/tgods/ow=str crafted belts are more needed
you need 2x10fcr/95+ar/70+ mana rings for casters (except blizz sorc where you need the ravnes)
arreat ususally goes with ed/15 ias jewel, but you can alos use another jewel of your liking ,but dont cham,ber,jah it
 

BierWiser

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you think an arachnid mesh would be better overall? Like to teleport real fast next to them and attack. The verdungos has high reduced damage and gives a lot of health. I wanna know this mainly, why is IAS good on a whirlwind barbarian. I think I might just get a 40/9 Dexterity.

I wanna know as much as the other guy, does cold slow down a whirlwind?

What enigma is best for me, I have an archon plate.
 

SicHalo

Diabloii.Net Member
BierWiser said:
Do you think an arachnid mesh would be better overall? Like to teleport real fast next to them and attack. The verdungos has high reduced damage and gives a lot of health. I wanna know this mainly, why is IAS good on a whirlwind barbarian. I think I might just get a 40/9 Dexterity.

I wanna know as much as the other guy, does cold slow down a whirlwind?

What enigma is best for me, I have an archon plate.
firstly wot type of barb u building? Cuz in the first post it looks more like a BvB, if it is a bvb then verdungos + stormshield and arreat with ed jewel is good.

If this barb is vs casters (BvC), which can fight all chars and has a good chance to win except vs the very best BvBs, the arch + trangs or fcr rings will be needed + the reason for the 40/15 ias is for the speed needed for bezerk.

Then u have the Barb vs all,(BvA) uses maxblock and can duel like a BvB but also can fight caster chars
 

BierWiser

Diabloii.Net Member
I am a whirlwind Barbarian, as I said in the first post. I won't be using Berserk, so would the IAS be useless in the Arreat's then? I want a Barbarian that is good against anyone, I don't mind if a few people can own me. I will have some switches though, such as a stormshield if I really wanna try to beat a melee dueler. In that case, Arachnid Mesh > Verdungos?
 

Ce Olba

Banned
BierWiser said:
I am a whirlwind Barbarian, as I said in the first post. I won't be using Berserk, so would the IAS be useless in the Arreat's then? I want a Barbarian that is good against anyone, I don't mind if a few people can own me. I will have some switches though, such as a stormshield if I really wanna try to beat a melee dueler. In that case, Arachnid Mesh > Verdungos?
By the way, you can beat all melee except BvBs without a shield.

That's why I chose a BvC. If I need a shield, I can use Hsarus + 2* Ravens and have 56% blocking anyways. Which I will never need. As for BvB, I consider it a no-brainer duel (as all the planning is done on the gear and charms, but the duel is pretty ww vs. ww and all about timing and no strategical elements).
 

SicHalo

Diabloii.Net Member
Ce Olba said:
By the way, you can beat all melee except BvBs without a shield.

That's why I chose a BvC. If I need a shield, I can use Hsarus + 2* Ravens and have 56% blocking anyways. Which I will never need. As for BvB, I consider it a no-brainer duel (as all the planning is done on the gear and charms, but the duel is pretty ww vs. ww and all about timing and no strategical elements).
u can even beat bvbs with a BvC although u will need Widowmaker to do this and against the best BvB u will prolly lose but against most average u can still come out on top, obviously though in a WW for WW duel where both bvb and BvC are trading hits 1 after another the BvC should lose.
 

Ce Olba

Banned
SicHalo said:
u can even beat bvbs with a BvC although u will need Widowmaker to do this and against the best BvB u will prolly lose but against most average u can still come out on top, obviously though in a WW for WW duel where both bvb and BvC are trading hits 1 after another the BvC should lose.
With Widowmaker it takes 5-20 minutes to kill a BvB which is damn boring (teleporting around while the barb runs at you).
 

Ce Olba

Banned
BierWiser said:
So, Arachnid Mesh or Verdungos. BvC Whirlwind Teleporter.
Arachnid's Mesh. You will barely ever use the DR on the belt (I got a 8/15 String but I've so-far used it only vs. some harder smiters (which are of course very rare).
 
Top