Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My L60 Druid - Armor choices...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by mali, Oct 27, 2006.

1. mali

mali IncGamers Member

My L60 Druid - Armor choices...

So I made a L60 Druid for dueling/PKing... I need some advice re. my armor.
    Up until now, I have been using the rune-word 'Duress' - mainly for the nice def & the CB bonus. A friend of mine suggested that Fort would be better - overall better res, and the insane damage bonus. I had thought about that before, but decided on Duress due to the CB bonus & the 40% FHR (also has a small damage bonus itself!)... Fort brings damage bonus + a nice addition to life. We agreed to disagree - I still felt the Duress was superior for my druid (I utilize a LOT of CB - imo that's my main killing power)...
    Thoughts?

2. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Lionheart :p

Anyways it's mainly preference. Duress also gives OW if I'm not mistaken, allowing you to handle casters a bit easier.

IMO with upped ribby I don't think the +dmg is going to make your damage that much deadlier anyways.

3. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

duress is good, but theres a reason why fortitude is more widely used.

I like duress too. Its got nice stuff, decent def, some res, crushing blow, and FHR.
    Fortitude gots above average def, res, massive life and damage increase.

Only thing to keep you using duress is the CB and FHR which you can get from other places. That would be my only suggestion as to why you would switch to fortitude which I think has more benefits in comparison.
    If duress is working for you fine now though why change it ?

gsdfg

yeah guy above me is right it gives CB and OW
    15% Chance of Crushing Blow
    33% Chance of Open Wounds

4. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Point for me is: with my CB maxed out (even on switch with Grief/Whitstan's) at 95% - THAT is where I kill. 40%FHR... Decent res... lotsa lil' bonuses which are useful for me - that's why I like Duress.
    My wolf is generally VERY successful, the only folks my level I struggle with are elite smiters & WW barbs... but don't relax - if I get my licks in, WHAM! Only takes a few hits (sometimes ONE), and you're dead! :smile:

5. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

coh+ribby and you will have a very easy ride on the ubers..........oh i forgot.....you are not in hell.........well.........duress should do the trick.........

6. Barnical

Barnical IncGamers Member

On the contrary, CB has 1/20th effectiveness in PvP, to get your kills much easier, you wanna look at OW and DS, not CB unfortunately. Better off with the fort with resists and lots of ED.

7. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

off topic i guess.........what would be the defense of a coh sacred armor?

8. Barnical

Well if my math is correct. Take the base defense of the typical Sacred Armor:

487-600 which 70% enhanced defense would be 695-857 roughly?

I'm pretty sure that's right but someone note me if I'm indeed wrong. I'm 99% sure that's correct though.

9. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Barnical is right about the def. Look before we all go offtopic let me just say that using a armor or item on a werewolf to get a high def. Isnt the right move to make. But it can be done with using a item that doesnt need as much str as a sacred armor has, its not alot by averges. The best way for a werewolf to get a high def amount is to use a metalgrids amulet, fort, and a high level shout used on them.

Mali, the trick to using armors for a werewolf is to use different kinds at the right situation. There is no one type of armor to use. There is only using different armors at different times. If I could contact you on bnet I could teach you alot. And would enjoy doing so.

10. Barnical

I'm fairly new to the druid community and wanted to gain experience from you too puma, as well as kiba,stoute and ink, never got the chance to though. Not sure if proud was a fellow druid but him too.

11. mali

mali IncGamers Member

I am using different armours currently... but please understand folks that I build characters for very specific purposes - if I say 'this char is only going as far as L60'... then I mean it.
    I am surprised to hear that CB is at 1/20th - my own experience is that it 'feels' greater than 5% mean. Thanks for the info tho' guys...

12. mali

mali IncGamers Member

ok... using Gaze & Shaft for melee... what should I socket them with? I was considering either flat out dmg jewels... or PRubies.

Thoughts?

13. Osmium

Osmium IncGamers Member

prubies for life