Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My introduction thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by WestXylophone, Sep 13, 2006.

1. WestXylophone

WestXylophone IncGamers Member

My introduction thread

Hello! I've been playing Diablo for a while and like many people here I used to play on the network realms but don't like it so much anymore. I was playing by myself almost all the time on the realms anyway since the whining and attitudes were making it annoying, so I figure I may as well play on my own machine and not worry about having a connection, expired characters and all that stuff. It's fun to play on the realms right at the beginning of a ladder reset, then people are cooperative, but that doesn't last long so I think I'll be playing mostly on single player for a while. I don't have any specific single-player projects in mind yet but I am going to try the "Six" tourney. I don't usually play hardcore single player but I don't usually die in softcore (basically pretending to be hardcore and usually I don't die at all) So we'll see how that goes!

I like all the mathy stuff in Diablo 2. It's great to be able to read guides and puzzle stuff out and try things and see why some things work so well. I have way more experience playing sorcs, paladins, and barbs than anything else and at some point I'd like to learn some of the points of playing druids and assassins but I'm not in a big hurry or anything.

I've been lurking here for a while (the forum info list says I registered in July, but I read for a long time before registering) and mostly I am just soaking things up, as there are many people here who know so much more about the game than me. My nickname is from the Alphabet of Nations by TMBG, those guys are geniuses!

2. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Hello and welcome :wave: to the SPF
    Beware teh shin kickers and read the stickies

:) Where abouts do you live? A little personal information? School/uni/work?
    Thanks,

and Welcome again!

3. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, and the Tournament of 6 as well.

I came to the SPF for the same reason as you, I don't like expired characters and I play by myself more often than not anyway on Bnet.

I have a feeling you'll last longer than I in the 6 Tournament as I never play HC and I die alot in SC :undecided:

4. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum.:wave: Here is a pair of shinguards with goalie pads and rienforced concrete blocks attached. They are a little heavy but they get the job done. Like Drystan said, read the stickies and watch out for the squid. W_m should be along in a while to give out the patented goodie basket. Horde the cookies, they are great. A little more information about you and you get extra cookies.:thumbsup:

Stop by the EMB sometime and have a beer on me.

5. WestXylophone

Thanks for the welcome! I'll make sure to wear the shinguards next time I go swimming! Glug, glug!

Sorry- no beers for me, I am a teetotaler!

6. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

welcome to the SPF!
    *kick WestXylophone shin*
    you just need to give me your cookies and i'll protect you from bad shinkickers
    /varnish

EDit i think that he likes tea

7. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I thought FoL was the cookie stealer! And trout stealer as well.
    But Nebux, the Great Shinkicker, is also a cookie thief? I'm shocked! Wow.

What's a "teetotaler"?

8. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

Drats!!! Nebux beat me to the punch, therefore cannot kick the shins (due to the properties of the boots he wears)... :cry: Oh well...

Welcome to the SPF!!! Do you play any mods or are you Vanilla (mod-free)??? You said you have experience with 3 of the chars, but which one is your fav?

Enjoy your stay, and remember:

9. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Welcome to SPF! Enjoy your stay here and keep out of item hackers..

10. WestXylophone

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I play no mods and I play on Apples, so I don't think any of those mods work on any of our computers anyway. I have tried using ATMA and it's great but in order to use it I have to move characters and stashes to a USB keychain drive and take it to a computer somewhere else with Windows and ATMA on it and then move them all back. That is a huge hassle so I don't usually bother except for special cases. For a character which really needs special gear it is worth the trouble, or for completing sets and things it is OK but as an everyday think I do without. My sorcs always seem to be the ones finding good barbarian weapons and the other way around, but it is not so bad to just sell things to Charsi or whoever! So I play not totally untwinked but mostly untwinked. The thing I miss from the realms is having complementary characters working together like enchantress + summon necro + conviction paladin but that hardly ever happened anyway as my /friends seem to wander away over the years, many to WoW.

11. FreakII

FreakII IncGamers Member

Yo yo,

Welcome indeed, looks like you got everything...
    wait were is that dude that gives out squid repelant?

*sticks on a noddy badge*

12. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

I completely forgot FreakII! W_m is been visited by her mother this week so, she won't be giving out her goodie basket.

Ok West here is what you do: head to the EMB, grab the squid replant that is there and have some cookies that are at the bar.
    That should tide you over until w_m gets back.:thumbsup:

13. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

May all your characters become patriarch/matriarch, and may all your rune drops be Ist and above. Standard Diablo II greeting having been said, good luck on whatever you may do. Maybe I could wipe the floor with you in a multi-player game soon? :p

See ya around