Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My impossible project

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Oct 12, 2006.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

My impossible project

I'm thinking to go back to D2 at some point later. So here is my to do list which might be next to impossible consider the time I could have to play.

Project Impossible: building and guardian a sin, paly, dr00d and sorc in the next 12 to 24 months.

Sin: I wanted to try a BF sin. However, I don't have much plan in gears yet. Play a BF sin means a lot of "free" points. I plan to have one point to BF, 20 venom, 20 SM, 20 Fade, all utility skills, and work on DS trap with the free points.

Pally: I really have no idea, I don't like pally at all. I have done melee, and do not want to do it again. cheesydin? I still need to master the little hammer. FoH? I'm currently undecided which way to go.

dr00d: only one option really, a fury wolf (didn't get in the idea of windy yet).

sorc: either a tri-element or some kind of blizzard/fire ball.

Any suggestion on gears/build? I'm not rich, but have some decent gears.

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Why only 4 guardians? Why not go for the full set? :evil:

If you enjoy melee but aren't a fan of Pallys can I direct you towards a zealer (1 point smiter). Great fun. Clicky!

My tri-elementalist is about to hit hell and she is using Tals. She won't be a quick killer, but I hope to mat her sometime before new year. I *like* hydra, it's pretty. :rolleyes:

Good luck. :thumbsup:

3. DeathMaster

Already got necros (yes, more than one) and zon, and barb is only ancient away (hasn't played him for awhile). :grin:

zealer? Done it (holy shock/freeze zealer), don't like that skill.

4. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Hi Deathmaster!

I know you're always looking for a challenge. You like to play on p8 setting as well.

I don't have that much knowledge with many of the characters in the game but I hope I can give you some info about what I know. You said you may try a cheesadin? I'm sure you can do it even with ok gear. The only problem you may have is that it will be boring for you. They are way overpowered. I usually play sorcs but wanted to try this type of Paladin. I did Pat him but haven't played him for a few months because I got bored with him. He's my only Pat btw. Now you said you may try a tri-elementalist. I remember the last time you posted with this type of Mat. You used FW, L, CL, and FO. It's similar to one I made recently - Matriarch Venus . For me, this seemed to be the most well balanced tri-elementalist set up. At p8, I don't know. Not sure what spells you want to use now because if I remember correctly, you weren't too thrilled about yours. Hopefully I gave you some useful info.

Well, good luck. I'll be looking forward to reading your Guardian posts. :smiley:

5. DeathMaster

:shocked: Someone remembers my old socr :shocked:

I wasn't very happy with FW, that was true. If I remake her, she may use FO, Lightning and Fire ball. This setup will be weaker (and slow killing), but more fun. *Forgot to say, this time, I can put full tal's set on her, hopefully wouldn't be too "underpowered"*

my pally plan would be almost certainly the last on the to do list. dual spirit looks decent to me. all attack on left mouse button + the way the little hammer works = my major dislike on cheesy din.

6. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

First of all, good luck!

I'm busy now with en BF-sin built around a pretty cheap runeword.

Lawbringer
    Dimensional Blade
    'AmnLemKo'
    One-Hand Damage: 13 to 35
    Durability: 20 of 20
    Required Dexterity: 60
    Required Strength: 85
    Required Level: 43
    Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 83
    Fingerprint: 0xcc7dffc1
    +10 to Dexterity
    +213 Defense vs. Missile
    Adds 150-210 fire damage
    Adds 130-180 cold damage over 7 seconds
    7% Life stolen per hit
    75% Extra Gold from Monsters
    Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
    -50% Target Defense
    Level 16 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
    20% Chance to cast Level 15 Decrepify on striking
    Socketed (3: 3 used)

The rest is focussed auround crushing blow, elemental damage and slow. Althougt i don't do as much damage, the decrepify lets my merc and shadow master kill everything quickly. Plus most of the damage in hell comes from crushing blow and elements. I must say she is pretty safe, haven't died yet. I'm currently playing in act 3 hell, and it only now becomes a bit dangerous. You can try it though.

Jae

7. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

There are lots of great options for a BF sin. Basically, the more CTC mods, the better.

I used Crescent Moon for mine (who sadly was killed by the Hell Ancients, alas). It was terrific. Also used Tiamat's Rebuke for the various elemental damage bonuses and CTC bonuses. Also a healthy amount of CB (Gores, Duress armor).

Another thing to consider: Max death sentry. Not for the lightning damage, but for the CE... really helps clear things out fast.

Your biggest problem with a BF sin will be AR. That was one of the things that doomed me against the Ancients... I relied too heavily on the ITD from Crescent Moon, so bosses were tougher. It's definitely worth considering a weapon that has a substantial "reduces target defense by X%" mod, especially if your other gear can add enough elemental damage, CTC mods, CB, etc.

FOR SORC:
    I'm playing a Nova/Blizz sorc right now. Great fun. But to make Nova viable, you really do have to twink her up to a silly extent... otherwise, the mana/damage ratio is just too hard to manage. But with an Insight merc and enough + skills, it's doable and fun. Mine is sitting in the middle of Act 5 Hell right now... I'm too wimpy at the moment to risk the Ancients :shocked:

8. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Another option for your Paladin is an Ambulacadin. (You mentioned dual spirit, so I'm guessing RWM is okay. :wink3: ) It's part melee, part caster, and I had a lot of fun with mine. I've got a Pat thread for mine somewhere around here. :smiley: You might want to change it up a bit to get a stronger FoH if you plan to spend more time as a caster, but there are lots of variations you can go with.

9. DeathMaster

Thanks everyone.

Lawbringer RW is a great idea, especially for ancient fight and heavy undead areas.

@skunkbelly: I'm too stucking on the ancient battle, HC will make you extra careful. You are not alone.

Here is my plan for the BF sin:

Glove: cleglaw's pooncer (this one stays)
    shield: cleglaw's claw (for the AR, 15 resist all and -75% poison length looks okay too)
    Helm: Guillaume's face/Blackhorn's face
    belt: SoE? T-god? something else?
    armor: Should I make a Duress?
    boots: gore rider
    weapon: Gimmershred for PIs in later game. Lawbringer for ancients? what for main weapon?
    Ring 1: Raven
    Ring 2: ???
    amulet: ???

10. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

gloves: you're right
    Shield: Stormshield rocks! If you have one ofcource. the 35% pdr added to the %PDR from fade will give you max (50%) pdr. Makes her very safe.
    Helm: correct
    belt: Nos coil. lifesteal and slow, maybe arachnids?
    Armor: Yes, you should
    Boots: right on.
    Weapon: Use lawbringer all the way. Reduces enemy defence with 50%, decripify will take away the 50% resist to physical damage all hell moster have , so crushing blow will really shine then. It also has plenty elemental damage. You can use an obidience thresher for extra punch, cb, and enchant on the switch for less dangerous areas.
    Ring 1 and 2: Ravens :laughing:
    Amulet: I really don't know. Mara's? Cat's eye? Best would be metalgrid i think.

O dear, i just gave you my setup:evil: Feel free not to listen though. Looking forward to hear about your experience.

Jae

11. DeathMaster

I started my BF sin. LadyBullet is now in Darkwood.

Before I started her, I converted and switched gears on one of my old 1.09 MA sin (who has BF at one point). ran around a little bit, with lowish AR (mainly becuase she no longer use claw), the hit chance seems slight better than I expected. Does BF have hiden AR or something I don't know?

I'm pretty sure BF use normal attack AR, right? without using any MA skills and no mastery, how do you guys get decent AR?

By my calculation, cleglaw's p00ner + claw and angelic combo (one ring) gives around 2k AR @ the level I normally enter hell (79/80). Plus Raven and AR from dex, total AR would be pretty suck even in NM. I doubt I could disk out 5 or 6K AR from charms... :sad2:

12. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

You can use CoS to reduce enemy defense, which will let you get away with a lot lower AR. If you can get yourself a source of enchant, that can help as well.

13. DeathMaster

CoS and enchant both have weakness that I cannot relay on. I check my stash and seems I have good selection of mid-game weapon (in worst case I can always get a lawbringer RW). End-game weapon might be my rune master socket with 5x eth.

I will see how I go with her.

One more question on her skill, which one is the best to max first? I'm thinking venom first, then fade, then SM.

14. DeathMaster

I played a little more today. Went to A2, and done the first quest. Right now I'm saving skill points (so far only spent 8 points).

One thing I may add to my futher plan - Blade Sentinel. I can set up a blade trap and using BF at the same time, this could be interesting for some tight areas. Like BF, damage from weapon is not that important but the blade can cut anything in its path. Not bad skill for some fun repeat hitting action.

15. DeathMaster

One related question: does Blade Sentinel use AR? Both Blade Sentinel and Blade Fury do not display AR. But BF surely use AR to hit. However, Sentinel works slightly different than BF, does it auto hit anything on its path?

One unrelated question: does anyone know that any living person on earth ever tried to use Blade Shield as one of main skills?

Looking at slvl 20:

Damage: 112-141
    +1/4 Weapon Damage
    Duration: 115 seconds
    Mana Cost: 65

The only other lvl30 skill that no one every touches is Spirit of Barbs.