Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My imagination?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ace_wanderer, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Ace_wanderer

Ace_wanderer IncGamers Member

My imagination?

I suffer from migraines although now they are less common and less severe I still get them from time to time. Ever since my first migraine my vision has decreased considerably, I went to see an optometrist about 3 weeks ago and the tests showed nothing wrong other than the need for some glasses that would make my vision sharper and cause less headaches and maybe migraines.

It doesnt seem right though because the vision problems I have are sensitivity to light, sometimes I see flashes,sometimes I see dots that are sort of black or coloured and disappear over time and slight horizontal double vision. They told me about the symptoms of Retina Detachment.

Recently my arms and legs have felt pretty weird sort of how they feel before or after a migraine although not as severe and I feel I have less dexterity, I dont know if its my imagination or recent stress from exams but it feels kind of weird.

I looked up multiple scelrosis on wikipedia and I fit a lot of the symptoms such as vision problems, weird sensations, depression, unsteadiness when walking and sometimes Ill do stupid stuff like open the wrong cupboard door to get a pan. All these things could be normal though and I could be just getting paranoid because Im reading about it.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these things, I think Ill see a doctor when I have time but I dont want to make a big deal out of it and worry my parents or get expensive tests when its nothing.

2. SeasonForAssault

SeasonForAssault IncGamers Member

i think the best thing to do would be to see a doctor instead of asking on a diablo site lol. better to be safe than sorry i guess. i know the feeling of reading up on a medical condition and suddenly realising you have some of the symtoms. its scary. see a doctor.

3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Dude... you gotta stop smoking weird stuff :rolleyes:

4. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Yes, the only thing I can recommend is to take an antidote potion. If you're in Lut Gholein you have to get them from Lysander, that useless butthole south-west of Fara.

5. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

Yeah, he is an ***.

And I hear he peddles crack and on the side. :undecided:

6. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Yeah, every time he says "there's nothing the right potion won't cure" I think "what a swell message to send the kids".

7. Ace_wanderer

I guess Im just posting it to get it off my chest, does anyone know how expensive the tests could be?

8. Unchosen

Unchosen IncGamers Member

Self diagnosis is actually pretty silly.

Go see a doctor if you are really concerned but don't tell him you think u have MS. Just tell the doctor the symptoms you actually KNOW you've had and that they concern you.

Not too sure about the price of tests tho..

9. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

if you have decent medical insurance it should cover 80-90% of it

10. Ace_wanderer

Yeah I know it sounds stupid but I just cant help thinking about it. I have all these eye sight problems and theres nothing wrong with my eyes according to the optometrist.

11. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

Well, it's not like you'd worry your parents for nothing. What you described is enough to feel a bit worried. It may be nothing too serious, but you won't know for sure untill you get tested.
    If you know what it is, the symptoms will get less anyways. I doubt it's ms to be honest. Everything you've described sounds like everything that normally has to do with migraine and what causes it. Sometimes, whatever it is that causes migraine doesn't give you the stinging headache but the symptoms you describe.

12. Ace_wanderer

Does anyone know what causes migraines? I remember my first migraine as when I was watching a wc3 replay of CyberLlama and some other guy, it was good replay when I realised that I couldnt see the numbers properly. After a while I realised my vision was messed up and I felt nauseous and then I got the headache I was scared as hell. Then the 2nd and 3rd migraine were so painful I wanted to knock myself out or something.

Luckily they have gotten less frequent and painful but they still suck.

13. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

I'm not sure. What you describe sounds like what I have and had, lots of it.

I've managed to connect it to days when I worked hard, had too much on my mind, or talked to people who had personal problems (not necessarely talking about them)

14. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

My wife gets migraines sometimes, she says doctors don't really know what causes them and there's jack **** they can do about them.

15. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Isn't D2 rated M?

As for you're wife. . .we've all heard of the "I've got a headache" line, but your wife feels the need for a migraine to get out of it?

I would see a doctor, from what I know about migraines(my sister and dad get them a lot) they can be triggered by tons of things. Even if they don't find anything else wrong with you they might be able to help the migraines some, which from what I've seen is a very good thing.

16. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Hahahaha, I like that one.

Are you kidding? I can't get her off me.

17. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Says the guy with nearly 14k posts. . .

18. TonoTheHero

TonoTheHero IncGamers Member

Stress related?

19. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Well that does help a bit.