Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My idea

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Trapp, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Trapp

Trapp IncGamers Member

My idea

I have a rough idea of a character and wanted to throw this out there. I dont have alot of experience with this game and can take criticism well so if my idea is horrible tell me. I want to use 2-handed scythe and obtain the fastest possible attack speed. I think its 11fps. I plan to use curses to control mobs, a might merc for more damage and golem (not sure which one tho). Big question is if I can somehow reach 11fps would that be pretty sweet or is that not a big deal. And finally how would I best set my stats to maximize my character. I figure I wont need mana due to leech, I wont need dex due to no shield, so should I split vit/str? I plan to have life leech as well so will I be able to have lower health?

Anyway let me know if I'm on to something.. if its been done before.. or if its doomed to fail.

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight IncGamers Member

No dex....... so how will you hit stuff? AR charms?

3. Trapp

Trapp IncGamers Member

heh.. I told you I was new to this.. what stat enhances my damage for my scythe? obviously i need some help.. and since I am that clueless how much dex would I need? thanks for the quick putdown.. I want more of them until I figure this out

4. OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer IncGamers Member

I knew a guy who had one in 1.09. *Gawayne. Unfortunatly, he dropped off the face of the earth shortly after 1.10 came out. Funniest thing is that he lives in the same town as me, but I never asked his real name so I have to way of getting ahold of him. Anyway.

He used Grims Burning Dead, Harlequin Crest, dual Ravens, Inferostrides, and Gladiator's Bane. It's been a few months since I've played with him, so I can't remember the rest of his equipment. I believe he used String of Ears and Mara's amulet. Helm and armor were socketed with IAS jewels with resists. He used a maxed Iron Golem, and only summoned revives when he needed them. If you want to know how he did, he got to level 98.

Sadly this is 1.10 and things are different. Archer's attack rating is a new problem that comes to mind. I'll let the other people on this forum suggest weapons and such. What I want to suggest to you is that you use a Gloom armor. Most people will tell you to use Chains of Honor for damage, resists, and skills. Some may tell you to use Stone for huge defense and hit recovery. Gloom is a highly overlooked armor. The defense is almost as high as stone, the resist are almost as good as Chains, and it has a nice feature on it: Chance to cast Dim Vision when struck. With no blocking, you are going to get hit by archers. When you get hit, the armor casts dim vision on your attacker. The duration is not long, but it should be enough for you to escape and regroup.

5. Macabre

Macabre IncGamers Member

I've never heard of someone having this....

However, you're going to need to break your stats down relatively evenly if you want it to work properly.

You need strenghth for obvious reasons. You're basically a melee character, so strength=damage, but also, you need it because the equipment you'll be wearing will prolly need high str levels. I also suggest you drop some skill points into decripify, as it's going to help you out in Melee ALOT.

Dexterity is a necessity because it raises your AR, and basically lets you hit people. You don't need that much if you have plus AR charms, but you should still drop quite a few points in here.

Vitality: This is what you'll want to spend alot of points on, other than strength. You're going to be getting close to enemies, so you want to be able to survive, right?

Energy: I'd say nothing in energy. You can get +Mana and Mana Leech junk.

Hope that helped/

6. evild2player

evild2player IncGamers Member

wouldnt it be better to switch that scythe with a dagger and a shield? after all u can use psn dagger and there are better weps available like fleshripper unique fanged knife it has cb ds and i think it has ow which is even godly
    also the dmg is quite decent
    u wont need as much dex only for max block because psn dagger enhances ur ar like enchant does ^_^

7. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

you can use the Poison dagger bug any how, alternativly, remember to get angelic partial set that offer loads od AR.

you mentioned you like IAS, that make me think of Sigon complete steel's Glove and helm. Glove give you +30 IAS with 2 pieces and helm gives you another + 8 ar / level.

remember Poison dagger give you % ar after all these bonus. dex is important, but getting AR there are alternatives.

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Put enough points in Dex for Weapon requirements. Scythes have a high Dex req. You can gain more AR by wearing Angelic Halo + Wings and a Raven Frost.

Don't forget to pump BA, BW and BP. You WILL need it. Pump Decrep and get a high level DV.

9. Invictus_prime

Invictus_prime IncGamers Member

You can alway's find a scythe with the Fool's mod. If you are lucky you'll find a rare one with some other decent mods and a couple of sockets.

If not, lie-cheat-steal, and get a JAH.

The fool's mod is a must and frees up the ammy and ring slots that angelic's would hog. It also allows you to invest skills that would otherwise ALL go to poison dagger. If you do go the PD route, you will still need a decent amount of dex, since PD works off of a base and adds a percentage. With the fool's mod, you can invest the minimal amount in dex as well.

....and of course, Decrep is nice.

10. Invictus_prime

Invictus_prime IncGamers Member

The Passion runeword might be right up your alley as well. ...if you don't mind having your curses overridden.

11. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

get a unique with a ITD mod. this will save you except for bosses. as mentioned, scythe's have a hugh dex req anyway, and that toppled with the poison dagger bug, ar shouldn't be an issue.

get enough str for your weapon, then same with dex. after that, dump into vit.

your going to have a tough time due to sad hit recovery times.

You'll want a to go one way or the other, offense or defense? No matter what your going to need strong bone wall's armors, and good curses to boot.

i guess i'd help more if i wasn't busy as hell working, this post took 20 minutes alone.

g

12. Trapp

Trapp IncGamers Member

Just curious to know how much help I can expect from my Might Merc and Maxed out Iron Golem. I plan on giving them pretty good gear and wondered how big of a help they will be with this build. I havent seen a maxed out Merc or Iron Golem before so thats why Im asking. Thanks again for all the help.

13. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

correct me if I am wrong, but I hvae a feeling that might merc and thron from IG do not stack. might merc probably only helps IG's normal attack which I dont think you are counting on it.

14. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

A maxed out IG is not the best thing out there. The damage and life are not very spectacular. In order for him to be any good you will need to sacrifice a good unique. Those skillpoints are better spend in maxing BA and it's synergies and pumping a Clay golem.