Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my idea for a fohrer

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by GSX, May 20, 2008.

1. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

my idea for a fohrer

and now my idea for a fohrer:

gear:

helm: dream
    weapon: hoto/cta
    shield: dragon/spirit
    belt: arach
    gloves: upped frost burns
    boots: war travelers
    armor: nigma?(im sorry i like to use teleport a lot)
    rings: soj's
    amulet: maras
    anni, torch

merc: first act ice rogue
    weapon: runeword ICE
    armor: fort
    helm: dunno

---------------------------------------------------------------------

skill points:

17 pre req points

20 foh
    20 holy shock
    20 holy shield
    20 conviction
    13 defiance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dunno if theres already a build like this, but i like it and ill test it, even though thats a very expensive gear (i need around 7 runewords) but its like havin an auradin with fohrer at the same time... when i get home imma build it... cheers

2. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

3. mechkage

mechkage IncGamers Member

Re: my idea for a fohrer

The dream helm will have an extremely weak pulse, actually useless, because A) you're only wearing one dream B) it isnt synergized with lightning resist. This will have an average pulse damage of around 50(lol). If perhaps you meant to type dream shield. Then the level 30 unsynergized pulse will be fairly weak aswell (no more than 150).

The benefit of dream is not really the pulse because even when wearing two dreams and 20 points in lightning resist you'll only see a pulse avg. around 500. The benefit is the near 3000 average damage added to your attack.

Perhaps if you skip one of the FoH synergys and add 20 to resist lightning instead. Then used a 1 pt Zeal, you'd have zeal damage averaging 3000 lightning damage and a partially synergized FoH. This is similar to Asmodeous' Elemental Templar but gets its elemental damage from Dream(substantially less style points) instead of using the unique Phaseblades and other elemental damage adding gear.

I would suggest synergizing the Holy Shock synergy of the FoH for a bigger punch. You'll have enough crowd control with the pulse and CtC confuse from dream. But as Ambid said, if you come across a LI, espeically if you cant break the immunity, you'll have some trouble. Let alone an LI and PI monster.

4. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

well, as i though t of this, u can see im using the 3 auras of the pally, so i should have 3 elementals attack, but, im not planning to get a close hand to hand combat, more likely im thinking on using foh as main attack with my convition aura up and having all other 3 auras dmging people around me while i foh them to death, now i know inmunies will have a good time against me, but this char may be used more as a pvp, but ill test it and bring the answers... now:

i should be doin around 65 - 174 dmg of all elemnts with the auras, and with at least -125% resistances, i would be doing how much dmg, not counting my foh and my mercs dmg? u guys dont think itll be enough to get rid of monsters? also what about pvp?

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  5. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

Hell baal got 493 701 hp, figure it out yourself.

174 dmg is around 30 pvp damage, assuming they got no resistance.

6. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

thx for the info, now i know i should not be making this :p