Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my hammerdin

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by lenman, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lenman

lenman IncGamers Member

my hammerdin

It is unbelievable how powerful hammerdins have become. now granted I have the best gear you could have : enigma, shako, hoto, call to arms, hoz, etc.. so I find myself doing 10k dmg per hammer. also I use a defiance merc so my defense winds up being 17k. nothing can hit me. also throw in 30% dr and 75% blocking and its scary. my single only fear is gloams.

for mf I do pit //countess//andy runs. andy dies in about 5 secs. baal would also go quick but he jumps around so much it takes a little longer. latley ive just been doing solo pit runs in 7 player games - usually tagging onto a baal run. I get the same exps as they do but i get the added bonus of actually getting stuff.

ive maxed out blessed hammer and the synergies, and now am working on bumping up holy shield more ,its at a natural 13 now i think. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here but if your thinking of what build to do and have some decent gear, go for the hammer din. I havent been this impressed by raw power since back in the day when my zon went from a her rare gothic bow to the legendary buriza .

2. senji

senji Banned

nice paladin you have
    how many charms are you using? im doing about 8k still haven't got those gear yet

its pretty easy to get those gear in hcl if you mf alot and trade alot
    don't know why some people jump to ebay conclusions

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I deleted a couple of posts containing assumptive accusations. People shouldn't make accusations about somebody else that they know absolutely nothing about based soley on the gear that they list. People shouldn't throw around accusations that they can't in any way back up.

4. ZappaFan

Even without all the uber gear a hammerdin can kick butt big time. A paladin with maxed BH & Conc and the synergies can still pack a wallop even with only regular stuff such as Peasant Crown, Viper magi, magefist, wiz spike and a rhyme shield. Hit NM eldritch/shenk a lot and you'll probably get a HoZ (as I have twice).

5. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Hammerdins dont need Zods and vex and charms, they need fast cast, good block and some mana with decent defense.

The build is over cooked and even those that dont have a clue how to play them are succesfull. Sounds like a Biruza or WF Zon to me anymore, mine is shelved he is too simple!

6. lenman

lenman IncGamers Member

dmg

actually i dont use any combat charms but my plusses are from:
    +2 shako
    +2 rare pally ammy
    +1 spider sash
    +2 enigma
    +3 hoto
    +2//4 hoz
    +1 cta

I havent duped or bought anything, granted i would say all the high runes are dupes . I was online when it broke and was able do to alot of trading and aquired a nice little stash o runes.

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well then you deserved thoe posts that Zappa deleted although Zappa was also right in deleting them when he did, but very few here including myself could give a rats *** about your duped out noobler pally!

Have fun in super duper noobler status!

8. FoG

FoG IncGamers Member

if i was the richest man alive i'd buy ALL the dupes and to sell them to charsi......... :xtongue: [/sarcasm] btw, nice dupes i hope you feel proud about keeping our realms clean... [sarcasm/]

9. RlNDl

RlNDl IncGamers Member

Yeah

and just to keep the spirit I would have to add that If I could I would present a solution to Blizzard and all the dupes would go "Pooof", the accounts related to them deleted and the CD keys would be forever banned on the realms. That would include all those with traded dupes too.

Its just bad luck that this solution never will see the light of day, I doubt the sincerity of Blizzard programmers and management.

10. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I would personally like to see dupers and people that knowingly own dupes remove from thise forum also. Not one of them deserve tohave rights, they ruin this game wiht thier deeds, and the duper is no more at fault that the dupe purchaser! Both = Trash!

11. ZappaFan

Personally I think this is too harsh a viewpoint on the dupes situation. One could have argued the exact same thing in 1.09 as far as SOJ's go. How many of them were duped? A lot, that's for sure. But which ones were or weren't legit? No way to know for sure unless you found it yourself.

Same thing applies to the runes now, only to a slightly lesser degree since runes could never be gambled. But it's wierd, in that at least in my experience, runes haven't flooded the trade channel on BNet (West at least anyway). After the last rune dupe I thought they'd be flooding the trade channels, but they haven't as far as I've seen - and I check out the trade channel every day, too (and the regular HC channel).

12. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

The duped runes have too many uses and they know how poor a players they are and know they will die soon so they will save them up!!!

Baal runs went from "need telesorc" to "ill tele, screw sorcs"

Sojs flooded the market even without duping to a point, but yes the duping kept them around indefinetly. Personally a SOJ although useful is a basically worthless item and can be done without very easily. It was funny watching all the SOJ wearing punks die when I walked around with my nice little rare FCRs with nice resists and mana and all those good things. Put enuff dupes on and you die as most things duped are for carnage not livability!

I stand firm on my statement! Knowing and wantingly trading for items that you know are duped makes you nothing but the reason why people want to dupe!
    Both the duper and the dupe user damage this game! So since I have actually refrained from how my heart wishes to post to this "person" I think i have done a stand up job today thus keeping my arse from being banned while stating my opinons about someone that IMO should be!

Now back to your regularly schedueld programming!

13. senji

senji Banned

how is trading for dupe runes ruin the game for others? you don't have to play public games. i know some people that play in amazon basin games dupes and hacks don't affect their gameplay or ruin their game.

lets just say if someone wanted to get engima,cta,botd, etc

how are you going to get those bers zods vexes? best and fastest way is to trade
    or you can spend your entire lifetime finding them

14. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Statistically speaking, zod drops like once every 1,200,000 hell baal runs (ok a wild guess, but its on the order of a million runs). Now how many hell baal runs have been done in the past few months on any given realm? A million or two?

Even if every person wearing a zodded item were banned, only 1 or 2 innocents would be unfairly banned. The other 8,765 people would be fairly punished for using an item gotten from duping methods. Now you have to realize this isn't death row, where it might be possible to argue that even sending one innocent person to their death would be horribly wrong. This is just a game, so it seems to me cleaning up 99% of the dupe makers and knowing dupe users would be a good thing, even if it unfairly punishes the 1 or 2 people who have a legit zod.

15. ZappaFan

Well you're off by a lot with the statistics you're quoting here. The actual chances of Hell Baal dropping a Zod are closer to 1 in 65,000 (1 in 65202.224699906760818679133332029 to be exact). There are a number of other often hit Super Uniques such as Eldritch, Shenk, etc. that have about half that chance. So there are going to be a lot more than 1 or 2 legit Zod runes floating around any particular BNet realm that's for sure. And don't forget that rune drops are regardless of MF. Heck, if everybody playing Diablo LOD on BNet did ONE Baal run, statistically speaking there would a Zod rune drop in that bunch. And we certainly know there are a heck of a lot of people that have done a heck of a lot more than one hell baal run.

And as far as I'm concerned, the issue here, that I've stated, is people shoudn't be tossing around accusations that they can't back up. I stand by that point. That's a good rule of thumb no matter what you're talking about.

16. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Zappa, where does that stat come from? My source (a popular stats site which will go unnamed, as per the forum rules) says that hell Baal (not first kill) has a chance of 0.00000488% to drop Zod, which would mean 1 in every 20,491,803 runs. Nihlathak, on the other hand, has a chance of 0.00000651% (so 1 in every 15,361,000 runs).

17. ZappaFan

My source is a downloadable drop calc made by Hammerman.

18. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Well as the hammerdin stated..he knew they were more them likely made from duped runes. This would justify some of the statements toward him. Then again...if you think about all the things we use to take advantage of the game...i think we find that all of us are equally guilty. Hell baal runs= too much exp. People still rushing characters. Characters that are overpowered (ie hammerdins lol :), Andariel mf bug, etc When the runes were duped, people apparently were using a bug in the game in some cases to crash the game, though in others, just flat out duped. Exploiting bugs has always been a pasttime of many of the "legit" d2 players and get talked about all the time. How you use the bugs in only a cover for what you actually doing in the game. I think causing the game to be totally unplayabe ie crashing servers is inexcusable...the rest we have all done probably at some point and time and for most...very recently. My 2 cents on the matter

19. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Legit Duelers are screwed! Every noob dueler has the now runwords eth weapons and the poor SOB that busted his but and spent his items to build up the "less than perfect" but "very good dueler" is simply at a major item disadvantage to the "Dueler in a box noob".

Now with that said, the best dueler can still beat the "Super Duper Noobler Dueler" but one simple fast is if said "legit Dueler" makes any mistake there will be no excape because "Super Duper Noobler" is going to lay the smack down on he "sold out crap".

Then on the other side you have "hard working legit player" who runs around killing crap in hopes to one day find some super runes and make these new excellent runewords and possibly "legitly" have an uper hand when all the sudden all your Super Duper Nooblers have them all.

Then you have the guy that doesnt duel, wants to be legit, has gained several "super items" to trade for some "super runes" but now the game is flooded with "trash" from the scum that damages this game. Now he cant go and trade and consider himslef a legit player unless someone he knows and can trust finds and trades it to him or he finds it, thue ruining his gaming!

You people just dont get it do you? Sur this is just a game, but EVERY action you take has a REACTION, it can hurt or help others. You can side with the "trash of bnet" or play the game, have fun and earn these things.

It is a shame I intend to be legit because if not I could be just as illegit as the "trash" and go around and play "trashman" and gobble you all up and discard all you lame arse Super Duper Nooblers!

You use dupes you are nothing, you are weak, you have no game, you PWN notheing but yourself! Weak *** slackers!

Ladder rest, bring it on!

I cant stand the gull this original poster has coming in here talking about his powerfull hammerdin that someone else built for him. Might as well bought it and K-Mart on a Blue Light Special, as is with those they are just a bunch of junk.

I PWN your noobler *** with my LEGIT 5k Hammerdin!

20. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Heh, yeah my legit hammerdin does only 6k. No runewords on him and all the items if i used runes to trade with, are all ones that i got through my hellforge questing. I'm dang proud of my pally too :) Sure he cant kill everything in 1 hit, but i know hes legit and I'm the only one that needs to feel proud of my character :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.