My Hammerdin becomes a Man! Hell Meph Goes Down!

bosoxx

Diabloii.Net Member
My Hammerdin becomes a Man! Hell Meph Goes Down!

First a shout of thanks to everyone that helped convince me to move on to Hell and reap the benefits of what there really is out there.

DrSpineFish @ level 77 with Total Blessed Hammer Damage: 2687-2728 was able to walk to Meph and take him down for his treasure:

The Salamander
Veteran's War Hat
Iratha's Cuff
Hsarus's Iron Heel
Stone Song (Blade Bow)
and another Venom Ward Breast Plate (What a Surprise)!

Resists Maxed at: 75
Magic Find at: 136%
Fast Cast Rate at: 130

A truly exciting experience considering only last night i got my 6th Venom Ward off of NM Meph. Again, thanks to all of you for your help.

-Bosoxx

Suiling

Banned
Glad to hear that eventhough i didn't help. All the best in making him a Patriarch!

EDIT: Post #911!! Oh no!! The unlucky day!!

bosoxx

Diabloii.Net Member
You guys are too much.

Seriously though..it was a big step for him. To be honest, it was a lot easier than i expected. I can't believe i hung around in NM that long when Hell Meph was that easy.

I might be mistaken, but i'm sure my hammers took HellMeph down even faster than NMMeph. Is that possible?

-Bo

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
bosoxx said:
I might be mistaken, but i'm sure my hammers took HellMeph down even faster than NMMeph. Is that possible?
Your hammerdin was probably a lot stronger now than before. So he was able to kill Hell Meph quicker than when he was fighting NM Meph in his weakened state.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
So it didn't take you too long to take big Meph down then? I guess it's time to do countless hell Meph runs and record 10,000 runs on here and which items you get on which run.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell Meph Run #2

SpellSteel
FaL rune

+ lots of yard trash

Only the second run? You'd better get going man.

*But really.. I think when they said "document", they meant off the forums, heh.

GreyGhost

Banned
You will do even more damage after level 90. Hit the chaos sanctuary and then baal runs to level up. Then go back and see how easy Act III really is.

bosoxx

Diabloii.Net Member
I had a lot of trouble on Run #3. 3 Deaths from the Stygian midgets. They kept coming in waves, (One a Minion wave and the second a couple champions and a possessed Stygian. I got smacked good and permanent.

The main problem i'm having is that my Merc is totally useless all of a sudden. He's kissed the floor about 12 times and he's breaking my bank reviving him. He's loaded with garbage because i can't find any eth stuff to give him. (at least not anything decent). I did find a 5 socket eth ghost spear, but he needs a 160+dex and he's only around 135. I was thinking of twinking up a nice 3 socket eth armor with the extra dex and finding some non-laddar rune word for the spear. Everyone says insight for the merc but isn't that a ladder word? This character isn't a ladder, sadly.

Anyway, back to the grind. If getting to Meph wasn't such a problem this would be easy. Meph drops in about 3 seconds with hammers at close range but i drop the same when those Stygian's nail me.

-Bo

bosoxx

Diabloii.Net Member
You will do even more damage after level 90. Hit the chaos sanctuary and then baal runs to level up. Then go back and see how easy Act III really is.
I must be missing something? If i go do Chaos runs, don't i have to kill Hell Meph for the quest? Doesn't that make him drop garbage when i go back and kill him?