Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Hammerdin 6, NM Meph 0 Part II

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by bosoxx, Oct 20, 2006.

1. bosoxx

bosoxx IncGamers Member

My Hammerdin 6, NM Meph 0 Part II

First off i wanted to thank everyone here that got me on the road to proper character building and outfitting. I couldn't have done it without all of your help. Last night i rolled Meph 6x and suffered no casulties to myself.
    I nabbed 3 uniques: Shaftstop, Tarnhelm and Nagelring. Not a king's ransom but a very nice start. If i may, i wanted to toss out 3 more questions.

1. How random are meph's drops? I got 2 UQ's on run #1 and 1 on run #6 but none on runs 2-5. Is it just bad luck? Does high MF% help at all?

2. What are NM Meph's 5 best drops..and if you had to chose his best and most sought after, what would that be? I realize opinions are different for all, but i'm sure this is pretty cut and dry for his best drops.

3. I have my hammerdin setup F1 for Hammers and F2 for Concentration. I cast the hammers fine when i left click but i also move with the left click. Now i'm running around like a drunken monkey while firing off Blessed Hammers. Is that how it's supposed to work or am i missing something in my config? Also, can i set up a Teleport Ammy on F3 and just toggle between that and my MF ammy just as Meph is about to drop?

Thanks everyone!
    The game has just gotten a whole lot better!

-Bo

p.s. oh, while i'm thinking of it, how much harder is Hell Meph compared to NM Meph? Do i just need higher resistances or does he throw anything different in hell as opposed to nm?

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Try holding the SHIFT key while you click the left button. You'll stand in place and just fire hammers.

Hell Meph has the same attacks, but hits harder and is tougher, as you would expect.

Your first Meph drop was a quest drop, which has better chances. Your subsequent drops are more in line with what you can expect over time, being affected by the number of players in the game and your Magic Find.

Congratulations on your breakthrough!

- Noodle

3. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

nice work, bosoxx! certainly helps to have decent gear, that's for sure.

if your Hammerdin can take a couple hits from NM Meph, then just stand right on top of him, hold Shift and spam hammers as Noodle says. drink pots if necessary. if you're right on top of him, every hammer will hit, and he'll be dead in no time. should be no problem if you've got decent FCR.

4. bosoxx

bosoxx IncGamers Member

Thanks guys.

I was under the impression that Meph always dropped Quest gear when you killed him in games that "You cannot complete this Quest". It was when you killed him for the quest and went back, he dropped garbage. Do i have the same chance for him to drop UQ's after 1000 runs of non-quest killing? He did drop a Tarnhelm on run #6, but non in runs 2-5. Not trying to sound greedy but my whole plan was to run him a ton of times for UQ's and then move onto Hell Meph.
    Thanks!
    -Bo

5. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Just keep running him, he can drop the same items on his quest drop compared to his regular drop but the chances are better the first time you kill him.

He can drop some real nice items, HoZ, Oculus, War Travellers, Gore Riders, Homunculus, Duriels, Shaftstop, Vipermagi, Skullders, Vamp Gaze, Crown of Thieves etc. Basically, all the stuff that will get you through to Hell and allow you to mf safely and effectively there. About 200-300 runs should get you some good items to use yourself and to trade.

About MF, try and aim for about 200-250 and only add more if it doesn't slow your run time down.

6. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

This is correct. As long as you haven't completed the Meph quest, any kill you make on him, so long as you or your merc get the killing blow, the game will register it as a quest drop. This is the "First Drop" glitch, and very few people know about it, or at least very few know exactly how to make it work.