Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Greif Barb question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by SgtPPS, May 26, 2005.

1. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

My Greif Barb question

Ok I am currently lvl 65 and for the 1st time I went to a duel game... well with half of the gear I wanted to use I was untouchable. But when I pvm to lvl how do you leech?

Here is my gear:
    Grief Zwei (391ed but its had a second mod of 8% ed so 399ed)
    SS (Cannot use yet lvl 74 req) Using Sig's for now
    Fort
    Arreats
    Dracs (cannot use yet) Using Sigs
    String of Ears
    angelic 2x ring ammy combo
    but I have 2x ravens and highlords
    Gores

So what would you suggest to use for mana leech?

Also whats is a good lvl to take my str to?
    I know 222 dex for max block

Should I socket Arreat with ith rune?

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

1)Do not socket your arreeats with ith,since you pvp,the socket is better utilised by ed jewel or if you are rich ed/str or ed/dex jewels.You have enough dtm for pvp already(for non-mana pot environments) from fort & angelics.

2)A single angelics give enough ar for pvm.Moreover,grief is itd so normal monsters are almost as good as 0 defense.Defense cut makes the job of hitting uniques & bosses easier as well.So I'd advise you to use highlords/raven.

3) You have 3 choices to get ml from-1)Dual leech ring,2)A manald heal.3)use souldrainers & put on another raven.Either of these options are sufficient for sustained ww use coupled with dtm from fort.

Well strength should typically be enough for storm(156),which is usually the highest str req eq,unless you wear high defense sacreds.

Rik

3. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

TY Rikstaker you are the man...

But I lost to a lvl 84 Barb but like I posted earlier I still am using sig shield and gloves.

Oh I am not that rich but I do have 40 Ed Jewel

1 more question iron skin or shout to max ?

mastery / ww / shout are maxed

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I suppose you meant mastery/ww/bo, instead of mastery/ww/shout.

But yeah, always do shout over ironskin. There's no reason not to; shout is just so much more useful.

-Hal

5. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

shout and iron skin both give 10% each level right? but shout is party friendly, so why not?

6. mcm

mcm Banned

You're confused. The grief you own has +391 DAMAGE, and 8% ED. These are separate stats and are not related to one another when determining your final damage.

7. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

Ok question how much fhr should I have?

What should I socket my shield with?

8. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

You don't need fhr with a whirlwind barb; the attack can't be interrupted. If you wanted to get some anyways, the amount you get between arreat's and verdungo's, with perhaps one 8% large charm, would be plenty.

If you're rich, socket stormshield with an ED/str or ED/dex jewel for a whirler. If you want to use it on non-whirl barbs, ed/ias. If you can't afford either, any ED jewel is good.

-Hal

9. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

Its not my attack but when a light sorc cast cl and stops me dead in my tracks when i am running at her but trying to avoid the straight on cl. I mean I pwned her but she also pwnd me a few times. But what was strange in a bvb duel I had max block and maxed resist the guy had the same set up as me but in a zerker but he was 10 lvls higher handed me my butt on a silver platter.

10. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Being 10 levels higher makes a big difference when the gear is more or less the same,he'll have a higher chance to hit you & you'll have a lower chance to hit him,just because of the level difference.since it is a factor in CTH(Chance to hit check)

Plus,he'll have more statpoints,~240+ more life & he'll have a higher ironskin-100% more defense.So try to bridge the level gap.Baal time. :p

Rik

11. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info. I just left nm at lvl 76 made it to a3 by myself.

12. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

I just want to say Thank You Rikstaker and Hal for all the info. I am very pleased how he turned out last time I remember me having a Barb like this pvp or pvm was way back in the pole barb days before they added a5.

Its even more great when those Botd Barb's laugh at me when the see my zwei greif and tell me they are going to pwn me but instead get pwnd by me. Dont get me wrong I still have a hard time with those light sorcs and those templar pally's.