Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Fury/Rabis Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Druid' started by w-igor, Aug 30, 2006.

1. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

My Fury/Rabis Questions Thread

hello!
    i have just made my 2nd 'real' pvp char (real = his gear is worth more than 1eni and he is ONLY to pvp). i just love him. im sure i will have a lot of questions about him (Fury/Rabies Werewolf), so please help me. i know no better place to ask about my char.

His gear atm:
    eBotD ba + SS eld / eBotD gpa
    2rbf death's web + 4rbf monarch
    umed jalal (and im thinking about shaeld jalal when i need fhr and cerebus when i need ar)
    highlord (vs nonelemental casters) / metalgrid (vs elemental casters) / angelic combo (vs baba, zealot, smiter)
    dual raven (vs sorcs) / raven + angelic combo (vs baba, zealot, smiter)
    verdungo / Tgods (vs lights)
    TO (when i need rab) / Dracs (when i need fury, but i think ill change it for Bloodfists when ill get one)
    Gores / Aldurs (vs sorcs)
    eni (and im thinking about bramble)

lets start:

1) when do i really need 86fhr breakpoint ? i think ill use 42 mostly, and 86 only when its necessary.
    2) where do you get resistance from ? my resistances are very weak with 1x 15res charm, 18res anni,18res torch and umed jalal.
    3) what do you think about my gear and all comments i made?
    4) what do you think about bramble? where is it necesarry? vs baba maybe?
    5) about how much ar i need vs babas? i have 20k and thats too low.

thanks in advance,
    *wig-else

2. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Gear look's good , if you get a bramble make sure it's 48%+ pd.

Just curious , what realm you play on?

3. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

europe :( and i hate it.
    can oyu please answer all my questions?
    i will me very thankfull.

4. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

1) trappers, smiters are in my opinion the only two. it can come in handy vs whirlbaba too though.
    2)charms if needed
    3)looks okej, do you feel you have enough frw though?
    4)it is indeed a viable choice vs baba im guessing. havent tested this myself though
    5) 20k is plenty for me at least, it usually wont beat the bvb barbs though

5. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

thank you very much Stoute. i have some more:
    2) you guys use big 15res charms, or just have some of 11light 11cold ect ?
    3) where i can get frw from? i use aldurs vs sorcs... but thats all. oh, yes. i need more frw vs barbs, thats for sure. not sure about other duels.
    5) on 20k i need about 10-20 hits to get 1 shoot.
    6)Jalal Um vs Jalal Shael vs Cerebus - which one and when? do i need all those 3 ? i was thinking like that: if i duel trap, i need fhr and lr... and thich one to use then? jalal um or jalal shael? vs smiters i need fhr and ar. i should use jalal shael or maybe cerebus? SO: maybe i just dont need all 3 helmets? what are your 'helmet setups' ?
    7) Ammys. which amu and when you use? in first post i told how i do, but thats 'very beta version' i think :)
    8) dual ring angelic combo - when you use it ? i think i will use it vs every bvb, bva, smiter, zealot. but maybe sometimes single ring angelic combo is enough?
    9) Heart of Wolverine - what do you think about 1point here? i have lv1 Oak. maybe lv1 HoW is the answer to my ar problems vs barbs, smiters, zealots?

Barb Mach Up - this is how i do it: i get my rabies gear (well... thats just TO gloves and rabies switch). i go somewhere and wait for them to come. and when they tele on me or just come to me and use WW im starting to shift + rabies. namelocked if possible. i just bite, bite, bite and they just attack, attack, attack. when i hit, i run away (and many barbs are able to chase me - take a look at question #3). after about 20sec i try to wait for them, and shift + fury.
    do you think its a good way to fight them? you have any suggestions?

6. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

2) Think its 11 res scs in emergencies. Or ideally 20life/5res scs.
    3) Kiras + cats eye is a nice combo. You miss out on the things from jalals, but its damage and fhr mostly. And sorcs are generally weak and fhr can be made up from other things. A frw circlet is also an option... Why frw vs barbs? you should always walk in melee duels. Except smite i think.
    4) Heehee skipped this. Maybe we need some calculus lessons? :laugh:
    5) Remember that they can block also...
    6)I use only jalals shael and kiras. Working on a coa. Coa vs smiters definately. Dual angelics for the ar.
    7)Angelics if using angelics, highlords if not needing frw and cats if need the frw. Some use only highlords and angelics
    8) Sometimes you have to use a raven to have cannot be frozen.
    9) Havent tried how. But if you get the first hit in, it might be useful. Cant say for sure.

7. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

Pedu: 4) i asked questions from 1 do 5 in first post. and now i had more questions about those. thats why.
    i need frw vs barbs cause i hit-n-run them :) i bite, and i cant run away, cause they run faster :p

10) what do you guys think about Kira, Cats Eye and Kira + Cats Eye combo?
    11) should i really 'always walk in melee duels' ? every time except when i run away?

8. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

11) not in all melee vs melee duels. You should walk in wolf vs barb. Honestly the key to remaber is this. If you can block a attack use shift or walk. Like wolf vs barb do rabies then fury and shift. If you really want to win hide in a corner.

but lets say your fighting a zealot. cast out 5 spirit wolves and run around make them come into your wolves and then run in and attack. But you do want to use a sheild.

But if your doing wolf vs wolf. There is and isnt a need to run around. It is all tatics involved.

9. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

thanks Puma. i have some more pls :)

Barb Mach Up
    what do you think about my 'strategy' vs barbs? what i do good, what i do bad? also 2 questions about this mach up:

baba1) should i shift+rabies, or just walk to him and bite? im just shift+rabies, staying in one place and he keeps 'flying' through me.
    baba2) i done really understand that corner trick. how can it help? he cant WW long then or something?

10. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

anyone? help me please, there are a lot of great players here... i really want to learn.

11. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

you stand in the corner because his ww has to end next to you. When the ww ends its easier to get a hit in than when hes in ww animation.

So Rabies him and then just run to corner and shift fury :thumbsup:

12. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

oh thats why :) thanks.
    someone wrote to try to hit babas at the end of their ww. what does it mean ? i just shift+rab when they ww through me.

13. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

You guess where the barb ends his whirl and go there and shift fury. With a good guess, you have him standing there without whirl, and you can hit him, without him hitting you.

14. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

or the barb just teleports right on top of you and you can't do anything to try and time the end of his ww

this happens with barbs who know what they're doing

15. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

yes however barbs with enigma doesnt do as good damage or have as good defence as barbs with forty :prop:

16. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

what are your helmed choices?

thats what i was thinking about:
    jalal um - vs sorcs, poi necro, F/R, FoH, trap
    jalal shael - trap, smiter
    jalal cham - baba, smiter
    cerebus shael - baba, smiter
    kira - i just prefer umed jalal
    rare/crafter dru circlet - i dont know too much about them to talk about them i think :) maybe you suggest those?

and well... theres cerebus and jalal cham which i wouldl ike to use vs Barbs/Smiters. With Jalal cham i can use dual angelic and be happy with huge ar. i think vs baba cham jalal is better. but vs smiter shaeld cerebus can be also nicee. what do you think ?

what do you use vs boner ? i was even thinking about socketing helm with some +5/-5, but surely thats not the best idea :) but well... nn too much res and ar vs boner. but more dmg would be nice.