My full mavs Freezing arrow zon

Ryanl

Diabloii.Net Member
My full mavs Freezing arrow zon

Im working on an amazon and i was wondering if i get full mavs and use frozen arrow if that will do enough damage when i get to hell. Hopefully ill be ablke to put ed/ias jewels in everything. tell me what u think..

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
If you can afford to put ed/ias jewels in everything, skip the mavs and get your hands on an ICE bow. Mav's was the shiat for FA until this frostmaiden's wet-dream of a runeword came along.

Peregrine

Diabloii.Net Member
tctuner said:
i saw the stats for ICE but what would be better, ice or faith.
Ice, this isn't even close. The cold damage increase and holy freeze are just unbeatable. If you really need the IAS from faith, have your merc carry one around for you.

Ryanl

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright, so i decided to get full mavs because ice is waaay to expensive for me :mad: Soo..im level 50 and frozen arrow and cold arrow are both maxed and i have one into mult arrow and then 1 into every passives. What do i put my skill points into now? pierce, crit strike, penetrate or valk....please help! Do i put pts into crit strike n pierce until they start to plateau or what? if it makes a dif, i am currently using 7 bow gcs..

Peregrine

Diabloii.Net Member
All of your passives are going to have diminishing returns, so it might help to download a character/item editor and test your planned equipment in single player. You'll want about 50% in your dodge/avoid/evade skills, and right up to diminishing returns on the others. Pierce is really helpful, since it can double (or much more) your splash damage from the freezing arrows. Penetrate can probably be skipped, with +skills and high dex, you should have enough AR, especially since the splash damage is auto-hit. Valkyrie is fine with low points, you can always re-cast if it dies, and in my opinion the points are better spent elsewhere.

You also might want to think about putting some points into either strafe or multishot (personal preference, I like strafe better) for leeching. Freezing arrows use up mana fast, so it helps to have a decent physical attack to leech it back.