Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Friend's Acc got Hacked :(

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by majpain, Mar 20, 2005.

1. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

My Friend's Acc got Hacked :(

Ugh its the 2nd time.The hacker said i think ill keep this acc.After shouting obsenites threw the /f m.me and my friend mike went to the game he told us to claiming he was bloody/cuban those are some of the names we call my friend so were like prove it you so we asked him questions hes like fine i give up im just a hacker you hacked your friends acc and i think im going to take it as my own.WEll after 10 mins of talking he /f m again saying fine ill give back acc tomorrow.and i fear that he will go after mine.

2. sheepe2004

sheepe2004 IncGamers Member

After reading that 3 times i think i understand it :rolleyes:

have either you or your friend downloaded anything d2 related recently?

you can get bnet too email your password too the email account you registred, try doing that and see if you can get it back before he mules everything to another account.

3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

It's only his 2nd time AND he's going to get his account back??
    Your friend is very lucky compared to me and maybe some other people who play D2.

4. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, rest asure, as long as you don't click any links or download anything or don't type your account/password ANYWHERE he shouldn't be able to hack your account.

Either your friend passed him his account and password without knowing it (eg the /dnd trick) or your friend clicked a link or downloaded a program and now has a TrojanHorse sitting on his computer that gave the hacker his account/password.

5. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

well you see my friend one of his friends from school found out his password (1)lol yes stupid i know and only took a few and gave back.that was the first time.This was the second time the hacker said he would give back his acc and i dont know if he stripped his chars.My other friend not to long ago got hacked stole all of his items and delted his chars.I use to have a friend who made a diablo 2 hack were you just type their username in and it gives their pass.He hacked 6 accs.This was 2-3 years ago.

6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Its impossible to make a program where you just "type in a username, and it tells you the password", unless the person whose account name is being typed in has downloaded a trojan, or told you their password, you wont get it, plain and simple.

If thats not what you meant, sorry, but again, its simply impossible to design a program which tells you someones password when you enter their username on your computer.

-Matt

7. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Unless all 6 accounts had username as password... :teeth:

8. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Yeah I don't think a hack like that is possible either. If you had your account stolen, most likely you got scammed or you downloaded a third party program.

9. ScruffyhawkIII

ScruffyhawkIII IncGamers Member

why isnt your friend hacking into the CIA database or something if its that easy. i love your posts, by the way.

10. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

I dunno but he wrote down acc name and he would get them.I dont think he made i think he got it some were.Im not sure but he hacked quite a bit.He made like 4 bots most of them for SC.

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

12. Herosis

Herosis IncGamers Member

^.^ like he said

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm...... :lol:

13. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

What country are you from. I am going to guess English is not your native language. If so, you do very well. I am sure I could not write in your language, gee I can barely get my own right.

14. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Your friend has never hacked anything. Hacking is the pursuit of information. Stealing Diablo accounts is social engineering.

15. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i think of it as "thinning the herd"

16. Usufruct

Hahahahaha, I agree :)

17. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

Surely Information is just Data in a readable form? Therefore Diablo 2 items are Information? And they sure as hell are pursuing the items.

18. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

This hacker could have used a brute forcing program.

The program constantly tries different words in hopes of getting the right one. Even gibberish passwords arnt safe, because it can also try random letters.

I dont know if these exist, but if they do....

19. sheepe2004

sheepe2004 IncGamers Member

It would be almost imposible. You get kicked off bnet for a long time after entering the wrong password about 5 times.

20. Usufruct

If you had no idea what the difference was between a hacker and a cracker, you might think that. Hacking is not malicious. Hacking often doesn't involve breaking into a computer system. Cracking is malicious. Removing data completely from a system is without a doubt malicious.
    They do indeed exist, and any ape with half an ounce of knowledge can make one. However, after a certain (low) number of tries from any specific IP, battle.net will block that IP from trying. So, the ape would then have to use proxy servers to continue pounding on the account. Even this is not an effective method because battle.net will lock the account completely after a certain number of tries. So unless your password is "password", or any other easily guessable word, you're pretty safe from any brute force method. And if your password is actually 'password', you deserve to get your account stolen :)