Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My friend gambled a Griffon's Eye!

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by pAnda_fury, Jun 21, 2005.

1. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

My friend gambled a Griffon's Eye!

My friend today told me that he gambled a Griffon's Eye diadem. I didn't realise this was possible. I knew you could gamble some uniques because I once gambled a nozokan amulet.

Anyway my question is: can any magic/rare/set/unique item be gambled?

)pAnda(

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, but only if its base type can appear in the gambling screen. That means you can't gamble Arreat's Face, Oculus, Homonculus or Gheed's Fortune, for example.

3. JustLikeIt

JustLikeIt IncGamers Member

Well i gambled a trang glove before. Guess set can be gambled

4. Aucon

Aucon IncGamers Member

From what I have read, yes, a lot of Uniques and some Set Items can be gambled but the chances are very low. No Class specifics like Arreats :grrr: etc. Good luck if you try to gamble them though. I haven't been as lucky. I do know this: Wear a Circlet with high MF (along with other MF gear) when you do. Circlets ( along with Tiaras and Diadems I belive) give you extra % to getting the good stuff.

5. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

:lol: where's that urban legends thread when we need it

6. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The chance of gambling a rare is 10%, set is 1/1000, unique is 1/2000.

Even after you are lucky and get the right quality, you also have to be getting an ilvl high enough for the unique you are entitled to (or you'll get a triple durability rare, same as if you kill a monster that is too low level).

Also, to be seeing a Diadem at all you need to get an elite upgrade on a Coronet.

Gambling a Griffons' Eye is a remarkably unlikely event. But, possible of course.

Nothing you wear makes any difference to gambling at all. Not MF, and certainly not wearing circlets etc. I know what you are referring to Aucon, there's a page on gambling over at Arreat Summit that is totally full of wrong and misleading information. Unlearn, you must.

I've gambled three set and two unique amulets (I normally only gamble amulets) including a Maras which I was very happy with.

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

You've totally misunderstood the magic level bonus on circlets. This is just a bonus to affix level, and has nothing to do with gambling, except for when you gamble circlets, you can get higher affixes earlier than on other items. (such as amulets)

8. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Read this page and be dazzled by just how little the guy maintaining the official website seems to actually know about how the game works :lol:
    I noted 10 factual errors in the first two paragraphs before I got sad and had to stop :)

9. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

I actually sent a mail with corrections for just that page a long time ago. As you can see, the AS is no longer being updated, since the errors are still there. :grrr:

10. Aucon

Aucon IncGamers Member

I have reached a new level of enlightenment. Thank you

11. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Just to drag this thread from the dead (was doing a search on something else) I gambled a Kira's Guardian a little while back. Almost fell out of my seat. Wished it was a Griffon's Eye though. Have enough Kira's burning a hole in my ATMA stash.

12. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

My high def zealot uses Um kiras... 84 resist all and cannot be frozen... not bad for headgear...