Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Friday Night Rant...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by blu3l1ghtn1ng, Nov 18, 2006.

1. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng IncGamers Member

My Friday Night Rant...

I just went to the most awkward party of my life..the only colored person in the whole gotdamn room. This **** is gettin old :unimpressed:

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Not much of a rant. This is more of a complaint. Rants have a minimum word requirement of 300.

3. blu3l1ghtn1ng

Fair enough..

Well, so I go to this girl's party - she's a year younger than me so I only know her and a couple of her friends but not really that well. So we enter and there was about a 1:1 ratio of guys to girls, but by the end of the night it was probably 10:1, which was a def. piss off.

They played music that I didn't like - only a couple tracks were good. Mostly everyone knew each other so they kinda worked through the bad music. Also I was the only colored person there; they were all white.

No beer. Nuff said.

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Don't come to Vermont. You would feel like the only colored person in the whole gotdamn state.

EDIT: I just noticed how racist that sounds.

5. blu3l1ghtn1ng

The thing is I understand that there aren't that many brown people in the West..and the few that are are ghetto and annoying as hell. So I try to hang with the rest, but its too ****in different. ARrrrrrrrgh I so mad right now.

6. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Not really too sure what you are mad about. I mean, I would understand if they made a concerted effort to keep black people out and responded negatively to your presence, but simply being mad that you were the only black guy there seems strange to me (though I obviously never have to deal with it so my sensitivity to such situations may be completely off).

7. blu3l1ghtn1ng

I'm not mad at anybody. It's just frustrating because brown ppl (I'm brown) can't have a proper party without getting high or completely drunk thereby starting a fight. And white and asian people have normal parties. Just mad..no reason..teenage hormone:grin: :undecided:

8. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

I find around here white people can't seem to have a proper party without getting high or completely drunk thereby starting a fight. May be the same for the brown/black/purple people too, I don't really know.

9. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Don't paint yourself green, genius.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

I know how you feel. I'm white and live in a country of 48 million "racially pure" Koreans. BTW I hate the local music too :grin: Just wait until strangers walk up to you and pick at your body hair or feel your hair from behind (I'm blond).

p.s.
    Is brown the new black or is it subcontinent still?

11. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

So what colour are you?

Oh, brown. I didn't think people used the term "coloured" anymore.

Ew, freaky.

12. blu3l1ghtn1ng

I used colored to represent the black and brown (East Indian, Pakistani etc) people. There was actually one other guy who was colored, he was a 1/2 black 1/2 white fairy aka metrosexual. Now I'm not ghetto or anything, but he was past metrosexual and into weird. So yeah..nobody I could really chill with. My wing man was useless...and it wasnt until really late into the night that my other friends came (who were white :|)

13. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

White is a colour too... just a really boring one.

14. blu3l1ghtn1ng

If I'm not mistaken in terms of pigmentation, white is not a color. Its only when you talk about light that white is a color

15. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I think it's the other way around.

16. blu3l1ghtn1ng

No light can definately be white -> combination of the lights in the spectrum. I'm not sure the whole pigmentation rules..but the white light thing is for sure.

17. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I felt like this alot going through school, since I spent my 4th and 5th grade year in a school in which I was quite literally the only white child there. Me. Just one.
    It was really awkward, that year.

18. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I dunno, this might actually help. At the very least, he'd have a better chance of getting the attention of that 10% of the party that has boobies.

19. Gertlex

Gertlex Banned

Actually it was 1/11, so 9.09% with boobies...

On a similar and different note (contradicting, I know) I hate parties in general because it's so hard for me to hear or socialize... (you can't really dance when you can't hear the music either.)

20. FirsTimer

FirsTimer IncGamers Member

I know...it's so weird when those coloreds show up. What kind of drinks am I supposed to provide them? IPAs? Kingfisher? Cobra? Or am I supposed to have 40's (fo'dies) on hand for them? Like Old English? Steel Reserve? Colt 45?? And what the hell am I supposed to about the music?!? I think I have some J-Lo downloaded that's colored, right? My god why did these people have to show up at my party. This was for people who knew each other already and have no interest in meeting others. We don't want to know what kind of music they like or drinks they prefer. We don't want to hear about their favorite authors or tv shows. God, why can't they just get back in the Cutlass and leave :|