My Frenzy Barb

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member
My Frenzy Barb

I'm playing HC so i want to be VERY cautious of what I do. Here are the current equips that I want YOU to help me with...

Helm: Peasant Crown
Armor: Toothrow
Wep1: Lightsabre
Wep2: Lightsabre
WepSwitch: Bloodmoon and Lidless Wall (For Blood Golem wall)
Gloves: Bloodfist (Have Soul Drainer in storage)
Belt: Nightsmoke (Have Verdungo's and Arachnid in Storage)
Boots: Infernostride (Don't have anything better on any char D: )
Ring1: BK
Ring2: BK (I have 2 Carrion Winds and 2 RFs)
Amulet: Telling of Beads (have a Highlord's in storage)

I also have 4 combat skillers in my inv. Can you help me out a bit? I mule so Item getting is no problem.

*Disclaimer: I am not a Hardcore HC player. I mule because I can't get online and have lots of items that I need to get rid of.

I will not accept ladder rws because I am not downloading the mod for it (at this time)

I posted this in the HC forum but no one is answering after 7 hours. So I came to the Barb forum for help.

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: My Frenzy Barb

Well I got my gear answer but how about my Weps? I want good weps and I still have 2 resets (just got to Act II NM)

nurman

Diabloii.Net Member

Well. Passion is a good upgrade.

Azurewrath is pretty sweet upgrade too.

Lightsabre is a very underestimated weapon. With great damage and ITD, it makes it probably nr 1 untwinked barbarian / zealot wep.

Inb4 "Get dual griefs and start pownong em newbz"

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member

Well I could do passion. I have had someone reccommend it for a Necro build .-. and I still don't have Azurewrath. I believe Greif is ladder so that is out of the question and love the quote. :) I honestly have a huge obsession with Lightsabre because of its mods. I am thinking of putting a Shael in each. Gives me another 15% each. If anyone can help me out what is the breakpoint for IAS? How much do I need for the breakpoint? And I believe it is 2 fph? Or was that a kicker...

Existent

Diabloii.Net Member

you don't need to shael the offhand lightsabre since only the WSM matter in the offhand side.

dunnoaname

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't have a pure frenzy barb, but I do have a Hardcore Doubleswing barb using 'Crescent Moon' Phase Blade and Azurewrath. It's a great combination if you want to give it a try. I believe Crescent Moon isn't ladder-only.

As for your other equipment, here's just some suggestions you can use if you like:

Helm: Peasant Crown ---> Rockstopper(safety)/Stealskull ---> Arreats/Guillames
Armor: Toothrow --> shaftstop / 'Lionheart' ---> Duress etc.
Wep1: Lightsabre --> Crescent Moon
Wep2: Lightsabre --->AzureWrath
WepSwitch: Bloodmoon and Lidless Wall (For Blood Golem wall)--> +3warcry javs(can shop for them)
Gloves: Bloodfist (Have Soul Drainer in storage)--> laying of hands/20ias gloves
Belt: Nightsmoke (Have Verdungo's and Arachnid in Storage) --> verdungos/string of ears
Boots: Infernostride (Don't have anything better on any char D: ) -->goblintoes if you got for some CB. otherwise its fine
Ring1: BK --> Sure + 1ravenfrost for CBF
Ring2: BK (I have 2 Carrion Winds and 2 RFs)
Amulet: Telling of Beads (have a Highlord's in storage)--> yes highlords

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member

@Existent: Umm barbs can use two weapons at once. Frenzy Barbs always use 2 weps.

@dunnoaname: Thank you for your suggestions. They will be taken into account. I have decided on getting Azurewrath (multiple suggestions) and I will probly use Crescent Moon. I'm pretty sure a DS barb should have the same build idea (not same build type duh) so They should work. I don't have my RF's on because Lightsabres have ITD so I don't need ar now. I still don't own an Azurewrath but I can make Crescent Moon if I have the runes. I am looking them up just after I type this.

EDIT: I just looked it up. I have the runes and just put it on a Phase Blade. Now time to get an Azurewrath... another 2 hours of mfing again .-.

Last edited:

buckies

Diabloii.Net Member

Forgive my ignorance, but why put Crescent Moon in a Phase Blade?

If you're pairing it with Azurewrath, stick the Azurewrath in your main hand and the Crescent Moon in your offhand.

With this in mind, pick a bigger damage base weapon for it. Mythical Sword / Conquest Sword / Balrog Blade all spring to mind (all 45 damage average weapon speed 0, so it's simply a matter of what style points you want :)).

nurman

Diabloii.Net Member

Forgive my ignorance, but why put Crescent Moon in a Phase Blade?

If you're pairing it with Azurewrath, stick the Azurewrath in your main hand and the Crescent Moon in your offhand.

With this in mind, pick a bigger damage base weapon for it. Mythical Sword / Conquest Sword / Balrog Blade all spring to mind (all 45 damage average weapon speed 0, so it's simply a matter of what style points you want :)).
PB has a range of 1 IIRC, so using balrog would make you miss hits with Azurewrath.

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member

Also, the phase blade has a faster attack speed. Although only 1 matters I still want it high for a "just in case" precaution (this char is HC :)) I haven't played the Barb since this post due to mfing and making a new build... (creating not building) So as soon as I get back on itI will over kill everything.

Note: As you know on /players8 it treats it as if there were 8 players (more exp, more hp) I played N Baal on /players8 and took him out in less than 15 seconds if you don't count the times when he teleports and you move to him.

buckies

Diabloii.Net Member

PB has a range of 1 IIRC, so using balrog would make you miss hits with Azurewrath.
Thanks for the clarification on this one. Although I've read the frenzy guide I was ignorant of this point up till now.

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

you might actually get cheap griefs or other good rws in hc nl because no one plays it and so might get giveaways lol

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member

Only one probelm there: I've been banned from SP trading here. I posted a comment:
"forgetting to back up my hc char D:" and I was refrencing an earlier time (2 years ago) and so now I am forever banned from it. No big deal. Just bs how I get banned for something from 2 years ago when I sucked complete ***.