Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My frenzy barb just poofed

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by churinga, Apr 14, 2008.

1. churinga

churinga IncGamers Member

My frenzy barb just poofed

I died twice and after rejoining the game without picking up body, i lost almost all gears... :cry: about 12 hrs worth..

He was wearing a SA Enigma (232 str req), and I added str points so that he has 232 str without Enigma on. The str comes from hard points, and gears, such as boots, gloves, weapons, helms... I don't know how this results in an incomplete body. Anyone knows the rules? Thanks...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

Re: My frenzy barb just poofed

If you have multiple corpses, the one that is the most valuable (in vendor prices) is the one saved.

3. churinga

But which gears are in which corpse? how to decide?

4. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

It's decided based on how much does it worth to a vendor.

Did you picked up ANYTHING that can be worth a lot (to a vendor)?

5. churinga

i got my engima and last wish back

but when i tried with my other char, leaving 2 corpses behind and rejoin the game, he picked up everything back... why is that?

6. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

Case 1
    When you died, your corpse will contain all the equipment that u wore.
    When you die again, you will leave another corpse with nothing in that corpse.
    So when you leave the game, the system will brg your corpse with the most valuable equipments back. In this case your first corspe.

Case 2
    Ok if u happen to wear another set of equipments to retrieve your corpse, but died instead, you will leave behind another corpse containing your new set of equips.
    If you leave game now, the system will calculate which corpse contain the most valuable equips and will bring them back in the next game, losing the other corpse.

Case 3
    You went back but was unable to fully re-equip your gears and died, leaving a corpse with half of ur gear in it, and another one in another corpse.
    Same thing, If you leave game now, the system will calculate which corpse contain the most valuable equips and will bring them back in the next game, losing the other corpse.

I believe the system calculate the value of the item through the amount of gold when vendoring. I am not sure about this.

7. churinga

Thanks for the details. For me, it should not be the second case. I'm not very clear about case 3, can you elaborate a little more please? Thanks!!

8. tenthirtytwo

tenthirtytwo IncGamers Member

Lets say you were wearing a ton of nice gear (fancy runewords) and died. All your gear is on that corpse (corpse 1). The total value of the gear at the vendor is 700,000 gold.

Now you go to Malah and buy a 1,750,000 gold wand and equip it. Then you run out and die again, leaving this wand on another corpse (corpse 2).

Since corpse 2 is worth more gold than corpse 1, if you leave the game, only corpse 2 will be saved. The game doesn't understand the concept of "good gear" since that is subjective. It only understands the value of your gear at a vendor...it can't determine that you want to save your Grief, Fortitude, perfect Mara's, etc. because you think it is awesome.

So in this case, you would lose every item you had and only retain the 1,750,000 gold wand, which is likely worth nothing compared to the nice gear on the other corpse in the aspect of gameplay/trading.

9. TheGreatSanguini

TheGreatSanguini IncGamers Member

Tenthitytwo, he asked about case 3, not case 2.

Case 3 most often occurs as a result of strength glitching your gear on. This is where you have an item with a strength bonus (like a Dusk Shroud Enigma) that you can't equip, because you don't have enough strength yet. So, you put on an item that gives +strength (Say, a belt of the titan with +18 str on it), then equip that Dusk Shroud Enigma. You then take the belt of the titan off, and the enigma stays equipped. How? The enigma is supporting itself with its own strength bonus. You have strength glitched your enigma on.

Now, you have a strength glitched enigma on and you die. What happens now? You go to retrieve your corpse, and pick up some of your gear (the low str require stuff), but the enigma and all subsequent items that require the enigma's str bonus go into your inventory. If your inventory is too full to hold them, they stay on the corpse. Effectively, you have half of your gear on you, and half still on your corpse. If you die again, you leave behind two bodies, each with half your gear.

If you leave the game, you only get one of those two bodies, so you either leave behind your enigma and high str stuff, or your low str stuff that you were able to re-equip.

From the sounds of your post, you definately strength glitched on that hefty enigma. This is the most common case of body popping as well.

10. tenthirtytwo

Yes but they are really the same thing...you die while carrying some equipment but have another corpse already that has equipment on it, then leave the game.

Whether you bought something new, accidentally picked up an item off the ground, equipped some gear from your stash to retrieve your body, didn't have the strength to equip all your gear, the result is the same. You have 2 or more corpses in the game with equipment on them and leave the game, so the game must calculate which corpse to save and which to discard.

I'd guess that it was not due to strength glitching, because he says that he got the 232 str enigma back. If anything, he should have kept everything but that armor. But I'm not sure of the details.

11. churinga

Let me re-state the whole process... which is painful :cry:

I died when entering the red uber portal because of a huge lag. Then, I went back trying to pick up the body. During this time, I didn't equip anything on me, just went directly back to the red portal. And I died again before I was able to pick up anything. This can be proved when I rejoin the game, I don't have anything on me. Then, I rejoined the game. I found my corpse lying by my feet, and when I clicked on it, he said "I cannot carry any more". So, I cleared my inventory (my inventory was fully occupied by the pots), and clicked the body again, and I got my SA Enigma back in the inventory, but could not equip it since I need other gears to add str to equip it. So I put the Engima into my Stash, and re-clicked the corpse. Now, I fully picked up the corpse, but only with the Last Wish pb in my inventory, nothing else.

About strength glitch. I was indeed relying on the +str items to be able to equip my SA Enigma. The +Str items are as follows:
    Torch: 18
    Anni: 18
    Draculs: 13
    Arreats: 20
    Trav: 10
    Ebotd: 30
    With base str: 123, total str is 232, which is the req of a Sacred Armor. I didn't glitch it the way that may cause problem, did I? I didn't use any charm or item to equip Enigma, and remove them after equiping the Enigma so that it can support itself... Any ideas? Thanks!! :undecided:

12. tenthirtytwo

If you indeed died BEFORE you were able to click on your body in the first game, then all your items should have been on the single corpse.

When you remade the game, he said "inventory is full" because you are strength glitched. You cannot equip your enigma unless you have on your other gear (and probably cannot equip your pb without dex from gear I'm assuming?). So whenever you click on your corpse, even though after you equip all your stuff you have enough str to wear it, you don't have it at the moment you click your corpse, so it goes in your inventory. Unless at the moment you click on your corpse you have enough stats for everything not counting your gear on your corpse, it doesn't get equipped as far as I know.

From what it sounds like to me here, assuming you are describing everything accurately and truthfully, your character should have all the items besides the enigma and last wish pb equipped right now, with the enigma and pb in your inventory/stash...because the rest of the items would have been equipped if they were on the corpse since you meet all the requirements.

But what it sounds like really happened was you clicked on your body in the first game and did not have the stats (str) to equip the enigma, and probably did not have the stats (dex) to equip the lw pb, and you had full inventory, so they both stayed on the corpse. When you left and remade, the enigma/lw corpse was more valuable than the one with your other items, so that one remained.

It may not have happened that way, and you may have really done just what you described and been victim of a random game glitch, but that is doubtful considering how many people die and rejoin games.

Sorry for your loss, either way. :(

13. churinga

Thanks, tenthirtytwo :) The fact with my barb is that when he died, he could pick up his corpse at a single-click, even with full inventory... I did that several times before that incident, and I didn't have to manually equip enigma...

What is lost is lost... I just want to make sure it does not happen to me again... I did an experiment with my other Barb:

He can equip his MP Enigma with torch and anni in his inventory. But he needs the +str from Engima, and +str from Draculs and Beast to equip his COA. I did this risky test just to make sure... I had my friend kill him twice, leaving two corpse in the game, and he rejoined the game, but he could pick up his body with one single click with his inventory full... So, my question is: Should this *always* be the case?

14. tenthirtytwo

The game may equip items in a certain order (i.e. your armor before your helm), not sure. Someone else might.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/characters.shtml

I'm 99% positive that I've had a similar situation where I've had to manually equip items because one item (belt for instance) gave me enough strength to equip another item (armor for instance). I might play around and test this tonight, I'd imagine my hammerdin is using something beyond his base strength, or I could find something anyway.

15. churinga

Thanks, tenthirtytwo! Please share your findings here :)

Just want to make sure, so I'm asking again: if I do a test, and can pick up the corpse by one click (even though some items can only be equiped with +Str from other items), can it be always the case? What about I had multiple corpses, and rejoining the game?

16. churinga

Also, even if I need to manually re-equip some gears, all my gears should still remain in the corpse when I rejoin the game, shouldn't they? Given that I didn't equip anything else on me, and I didn't partially pickup the body (e.g. I didn't pick up the body at all). And, I can get them one-by-one into my inventory?

17. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

Hmm. So from what you have described..

When You died.
    You didnt pick up anything.
    and you went back to die again.
    You made new game and clicked ur body.
    and only recieved ur armor which u cant wear and store it in stash.
    you click again, and got back ur weapon. and the corspe is gone, so is ur boots helm..etc

well, im not sure why. sorry for your lost. =( .

U mentioned lag. i think his the culprit.

18. churinga

Sigh... It was laggy and chaos in Uber that time. Someone mentioned if the moment I was trying to pick up the first body, I was killed again, I could end up picking up an incomplete body, resulting in items distributed on two corpses, instead of the first one... That might be possible, well I'm not sure :(

19. churinga

I sold the remaining gears of my Frenzy Uber Barb, and started an Uber Smiter... what a pity :undecided: It is not I no longer like Frenzy Barbs, but just cheaper to have the Smiter to do the job... after this loss