My fishy problem: slow when using Faith merc

windwingwind

Diabloii.Net Member
My fishy problem: slow when using Faith merc

I have a problem with my fishy that I want to see if anyone share the same with me and have solution.

My fishy used a might merc until recently I switched to a Faith merc + insight Iron golem. He has 13 skele, 8 mage and 13 revive and everything was fine with the might merc. However after he used the faith merc the game became intoleably slow when he raised to about 20 skele+mage.

I just wonder what you guys think?

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: My fishy problem: slow when using Faith merc

A might merc kills faster than a Faith merc, and the speed of your first kill decides how fast you are (after that it's all about CE).

windwingwind

Diabloii.Net Member

Oops sorry for my bad expression, by 'slow' I mean game speed, not killing speed. I mean the game become hectic, like my computer can't render the frames fast enough. It's like what happen when you kill Shrenk for the first time.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Well you added another aura carrying minion, namely the IG. I'd say that your comp has difficulty with rendering all the different auras. You can always use this wrapper to speed your game up.

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm sure that wrapper works great, but in order to prevent possible hang-ups with software interfacing you also have the option of changing to DirectDraw rather than Direct3D. This helps a lot, and though it may not be as smooth as the glide wrapper it works great for me. The only downside is you don't get "perspective" mode, which I never liked anyway :).

You can choose to run DirectDraw by running a Diablo II video test (Start > Programs > Diablo II > Video Test) and selecting "DirectDraw" rather than the default "Direct3D".

-f