Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My First Werebear - Rate Him Plz

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Zapptilda, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Zapptilda

Zapptilda IncGamers Member

My First Werebear - Rate Him Plz

Hi Everyone! I am building my first werebear and would like some input of anyone one who has tried it. Basically is my build is viable in hell. Please note that I am a team player and don’t expect to be on my own.
    At level 73 Act 5 of NM :
    Lanc 10
    WB 13
    SW 10
    Armag 20
    Oak 5
    DW 15
    Rest to Preq.
    Total : 80 skill pts
    I hope to find a decent 3 socket helm to make Delerium and a flail for HeartoftheOaks.
    I also will hire the act 2 NM Defensive Merc for his freezing ablitiy.
    My main form of attack is: Shockwave / Armagedon / Maul <--> Shockwave (Repeat)
    I will then in hell try to max Lanc and WB by Lvl 86, then after that put remaining pts inot Oak Sage.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Oh yes, his name is Muggsie and you may bump into him in The West Realm.

- - Terri :wave:

2. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

No offence, but we shouldn't rate him, we should help you out for the big probs but YOU should rate him. Does he kill well, does he have neough life, max res? so on..

But ya he looks good. I suppose hes a fire/Swaver? For party hes good. Also, if SW is spirit wolf, you just wasted 9 points. Dire wolf is MUCH better(more life, dmg).

Other than that, he's cool.

-Sim

3. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

i think the sw refers to shockwave, while the dw refers to dire wolves...

4. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

Hmmm.. ok.. hehe my bad. Ok ya thats good. Ignore second part..

5. Zapptilda

Zapptilda IncGamers Member

Rethinking Of my Build

After reading a few other posts I am wondering if I should simply nix my dire wolves and simply max oak sage or split the extra points between that and maul or even fire claws. What do you think?

- - Terri :scratch:

6. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

At lvl 73 its getting a little late to do this, but if u can put 1 point in Maul, 5 in Fire claws, and 10 each in Fissure (Fire claws and Armaggedon synergy, increases time for Armageddon, its annoying re-casting) and either Volcano or Molten Boulder (Both are Fire Claws and Armageddon synergies), your Bear will be even more solid. I would use Maul (left attack) for about 6 hits to charge it up, then use Fireclaws (right attack, if not FI) for the added fire damage, lots of power there.

If this is PvM, I would use a 2 handed weapon like a Doom or Beast Thunder Maul (and no, its not too slow with these runewords) or an IK Maul. Personally, I think a Doom Thunder Maul would be ideal, I like the idea of a lvl 18 Volcano working with your Armageddon and Holy Freeze (from runeword), Delirium helm would make a very fun way to go. I used it on my Pally and his merc for quite awhile. Since you would already have Holy Freeze from the runeword, you could use a Might merc instead of a HF merc. Could you imagine the damage a Doom Thunder Maul would do with a high lvl Might merc? Scary!

7. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Welcome to the Druid Forum!! :D :D

Heart of the Oak will be too slow to swing with, so unless you want it solely for Armageddon and Shockwave I'd get a different weapon to hit things with.

I'd put more points into Armageddon synergies and less into Werebear. Lycanthropy and/or Oak Sage are both good things to invest in, as well. Your Dire Wolves should do ok as they are, but if they are dying a lot, put more into Oak Sage for a health benefit to both you and them.

Good luck!