My First Tourney--the Point of No Repair

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
Oooops. I have read the rules once again. And realized that rerunning areas is forbidden. I got confused with being ivolved in other tournaments, where only Act bosses runs were limited. I am guilty and I will throw away all my Thuls, Amns and 1 Sol cubed from that countess runs. I hope it's OK. Io was found at Tal's tomb.
It can happen, First 3 runs (like you really rember) are okay. I've been finding many lovely runes at the Kurast areas.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, got a new computer and just now remembered my logins and such for the forums.....
Anyway, Wulfgar is level 30 FINALY and I'm on my second run of upper Kurast.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslfrost - lvl 60 - Act 3 NM completed

Teslafrost has completed Act 3. At the beginning I lowered Player settings, because these little annoying flayers were hitting me quite often.
I have found this rare:
Pain Bite
Balanced Axe
Throw Damage: 12 to 19
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 14
Quantity: 114
Required Dexterity: 57
Required Level: 17
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x26af1
+4 to Maximum Damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
58% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Replenishes Quantity
Increased Stack Size

I use it against dolls and FE bosses.
At Kurast I switched settings back to 5. I regret that at the fight with Stormtree. He is LE, and the fight took long - I was hit often and I saw the icon on the screen after the fight - red armor, gold belt and helm. Soon after the gloves become gold too.

I have zealed to death FE council standing right next to him but didn't recieved any damage (probably blocked the explosion).
I have several NDE when the cursed bosspack of Maulers nearly surrounded me at Meph Durance lvl2. Merc was dead in a blink of an eye and I was saved by using 4 rejuvs and block (just to break the block-lock). I didn't fight with them again.
Mephisto was easy and dropped me green circlet and crown.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I went through to clean up the current standings. If you are not up to date (or I missed it) or you've died then please post.

forumite, Char, last reported lvl/ exp if dead.

Summoned, Frosty, lvl 20
Greyeagle, Goshawk, lvl 20
water_moon, Wulfgar, lvl 30
goltar25, Krushara, exp 5802669
Gaz, Vald's_Bride, lvl 51
jiansonz, Io, lvl 74
Hrus, Telefrost, lvl 60
azn_apocalypse, Warrenty, exp 370481492
Erimatbrad, Virvelvind, lvl 47
Nightstalker, ?wearbear?, lvl 21

Zatlaren you posted that you wanted to join but I haven't seen any update posts, are you in?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Umm, Io is only level 24...

She´s been severely neglected lately. I have too many characters!

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslfrost - lvl 64 - Act 4 NM completed

All my gear broke only boots are on very low durability.

Armor - I found nice cuirass and crafted it for safety. (Stealth Linked mail before). Craft is nothing special, looking for another Cuirass (they are light and have high durability), but maybe I will wait till I find something really good.

Belt - String of ears are at 2 durability, I saved it for fight with Diablo and used this:
Bone Strap
Heavy Belt
Defense: 6
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 45
Required Level: 13
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xeafbaa04
+5 to Life
Fire Resist +27%
Cold Resist +19%
10% Faster Hit Recovery
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Helm: 2-socketed Great Helm with 2 flawless topazes (from Act IV normal) was replaced by 3-socketed Crown (bought from vendor - 50 durability) - 3 Perfect Topazes inserted.

Boots: my MF boots are at 3 durability, must be replaced soon.

Gloves: MF rare gloves broke right before fight with Diablo. I didn't have any gloves at stash, so I gambled some quite nice gloves, (no MF though :()

Corpse Grasp
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 9
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 35
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x858f7036
+34% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +18%
Cold Resist +8%
Adds 1-5 fire damage
Replenish Life +4
20% Increased Attack Speed

Shield: Shield is pretty solid from Act 5 normal - Ancients Pledge in heraldic shield 19/40 durability. I have 2 socketed Crown shield with +28 resistance mod ready for rhyme, but no Shael stil.

Weapon: still using this:
Sapphire Bone Wand of Ages
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 7
Required Level: 42
Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xaa1aae0e
Cold Resist +37%
150% Damage to Undead
Indestructible

but I have found this:
Sapphire Tomb Wand of Ages
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 22
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 42
Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0xf5586fda
Cold Resist +36%
+3 to Lower Resist (Necromancer Only)
150% Damage to Undead
Indestructible

they are quite the same :)

Despite the MF equip, I don't see much nice items. Visceratuant from 2nd Meph run. Diablo dropped Arcanna's Light plate.
Act 4 was easy - no NDE, only merc resurrecting because of Iron Maiden.

EDIT: Hellforge dropped me FAL

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslafrost - lvl 72 - Act V NM completed

Teslafrost is now conqueror!

First thing I did at the beginning of this day was some crafting. One cuirass (worse than that before) and Knout. Whoa:

Storm Bludgeon
Knout
One-Hand Damage: 20 to 54
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Dexterity: 73
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 34
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xc325e4c0
+56% Enhanced Damage
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
10% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead
+1 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 4 Frost Nova when struck
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

with that IAS on gloves, zealspeed is the same as the bone wand, but the range is better. With wand I had problems against large enemies - sometimes the zeal sequence was not started and I had to reposition. Now it's more comfortable and I can hide behind my merc. (And I don't have to hear that stupid slappy wand sound anymore)

Then I found 2-sock cuirass and made a Stealth from it.

I shopped this one for my merc (cost me 450000 - luckily I had 470000):
Godly Ancient Armor of Stability
Defense: 585
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 100
Required Level: 38
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0xabf053d0
+150% Enhanced Defense
24% Faster Hit Recovery

I have quite comfortable (but long) walk through the act.
5 times rerolled Ancients (FE,LE,LE,Fanaticism,CE + Extra Strong IIRC)
They were not easy, but managable.
Really bad spawn in WSK2 - Black Soul, Horadrim Ancient, Serpent Magus. I really enjoy the clearing my way through this area. Especially that extra strong FE burning Soul boss fight - adrenalin.
I was not able to tank Lister's pack, so I killed them by throwing. They dropped me ethereal Rattlecage. I equipped this armor for Baal. That CB from it and Open wounds from Steel Cutlass made Baal fight quite fast.

I will go for Den quest, then return to NM for some leveling. Baal 2 more times to go.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
Umm, Io is only level 24...

She´s been severely neglected lately. I have too many characters!
Sorry, can't read my own writting. Don't feel too bad, I've been a bit negligent myself...

Go Hrus!

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Well following the end of the MFO, I decided that BrideofVlad needed to be played again so I did. I didn't get very far as I am going fairly slowly at the moment. I did change my merc to get me a holy Freeze merc, and Managed to get another level. Also finished my 3 runs of andariel so now its on through act 2.

Destroyer BrideofVlad
Act 2 Nightmare
Last waypoint Sewers.
Level 54.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslafrost - lvl 73 - Next area:Cold Plains (H)
I guess I am in the lead now.

I did the Den quest, then returned to nightmare and did 2 more Baal runs, while clearing the whole WSK2 and WSK3. I got bad monsters in Baal throne (run1-Burning souls,run2-Oblivion Knights, Hell Witches and Horadrim ancients!). That 2 runs brought me 1 and half level and Aldur's Helm (druid only).
I am using Vidala's Boots + Vidala's Amulet to help MF.
I will consider rerunning some other areas to get level or two before going to Hell difficulty.

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
I am having to withdraw my entry from this tournament. I will be sending the prize stash in the next few days.

Good luck to all those left.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Gaz said:
I am having to withdraw my entry from this tournament. I will be sending the prize stash in the next few days.

Good luck to all those left.
Sorry to see you go :( Send to [email protected] w/ No Repair in subject. Don't forget to post your exact exp. for ranking purposes.

Well Wulfgar has killed Meph & is lvl 31. He even dropped me some Hawkmail for the stash once I use up the durability.

Whose still in it? Post an update soon please.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslafrost - lvl 74 - Next area:Cold Plains (H)

I am still in, but I have a lot of D2 projects and less time for game recently.

I took Teslafrost to Hell today and leveled him in Blood Moor (nightmare don't give me much experience) and very bad thing happened I was zealing and zealing and suddenly... I was punching. Look at my weapon stats:

Storm Bludgeon
Knout
One-Hand Damage: 20 to 54
Durability: 0 of 30
Required Dexterity: 73
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 34
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xc325e4c0
+56% Enhanced Damage
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
10% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead
+1 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 4 Frost Nova when struck
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

Well i guess that durability on weapons lowers when not hitting.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslafrost - lvl 75 - Next area:Stony Field (H)

I wanted to repeat Blood Moor area, but after fight with some Fire enchanted, lightning enchanted Rat (my merc died 5 times) I gave up. But I did the Den (Crypt after the Den quest) 3x times.
Then I did 2x times Cold Plains (there are no dangerous monster - only melee and only Dk.Clan spearwomen are LI) I have met some Might enchanted cursed Gargantuan boss. I wanted to skip the fight with him, but then the idea came. I charged him while having Holy Shock active - and it worked. (charged him through half of the Cold Plains).
I will not go to the Cave. I entered the Cave and saw the might enchanted archers - I immediatly run back. I didn't want to face cold enchanted might Coldcrow.

I play at P2. More is doable against normal monsters, but bosses are very dangerous, so I have to kill them quickly.

With cautios playstyle this game session was 3 hours long.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslafrost - lvl 76 - Next area:Tristram (H)

Teslafrost cleared all areas from Cold Plains to Dark Wood. He left only some really annoying bosses there (LI+CI+bad mod). He got one level. I will do some more Dk.Wood after Tristram, because no LI's spawns there.

I use Vidala's Fetlock + Amulet to raise my MF, but found only green gothic plate in Hell, no other green/gold. Boots durability goes down, but I have another pair of Fetlock in my stash. With wand I am really close to monsters and I don't like it. Now I use Long sword of ages. But everytime I am in town, I look for -10 speed weapon with -30 or -40 IAS. If it is there, I use it for some time (short time).

My updates will be rarer now, because of MET and Survivor tournaments, but I definitly want to play this character until the end (either bitter or sweet end).