My First Tourney--the Point of No Repair

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Sad to hear. RIP Warranty.

I would like to understand FE bug more too. I can't remember any FE monster killed me (aside from FE scarabs) with his regular attack (or pulsing FE damage like FE ancients). I just want 2 know... It seems ok to tank 95% of FE bosses with barbar, just don't stand there at the moment of boss' death (if it is a high life monster). But I think in that 5% cases - something weird is going on. I wish we had no FE bug like Bnetters.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslfrost - lvl 48 - Act 1 NM Cold Plains

Teslafrost killed Baal, earned Destroyer status, cleared Den of Evil to get a skill point then returned to Normal and killed Baal 2 more times. Nothing can stand befory maxed Holy shock and quick zeal. Only Listers minions at P8 need to be separated and Baal is not so nice at P8 either. Nothing special dropped for me, only Venom Grip, Venom Ward, Arcanna's Head, Wizendraw.

I've got some rare poignard with 186%ED and realized that normal Baal is lvl 60, so he can drop both Cruel and Masters preffixes. (I think he can.) Also in my RSB tournament SimeonB got Harpoonists GC of Inertia from him. I was surprised Baal can drop that.

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Destroyer Virvelvind
Level 41
Next Area: Tamoe Highland

The Countess was pretty cheapo, leaving me with several El's, Elds, and nothing worth using. The 30% IAS ethereal sword of 6x% ED and +Max (based on level) is great. It has knockback... and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Things are dying pretty easy though.

I took a trip back to Baal for some p3 leveling. Everything fell pretty quick with the new weapon. I was rewarded with no sets or uniques, but I did find a Dol rune. That will become a Passion Phase Blade if I find a Lem, or perhaps a Venom one if I find a Mal.

Clearing the Hole gave Virvel a Shael rune.

I'm using a lot of potions, due to a lack of leech (I thought the broad sword had some, but was mistaken).

Whirlwind is level 13, thanks to a +1 skills and 33% MF amulet, and a +1 skills helm. It's actually pretty deadly now. I may not kill a pack on one pass, but a second will usually take a few monsters out.

I'll be making three Andariel runs as soon as I get to her, hoping for some beautiful new rings and amulets. If I could find a Cathan's Seal, I'd actually use it....

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
sorry to hear anz... what was your exact exp?

BTW you donate what you WANT to donate, if you got somthing you've been hankering for then by all means keep it. Still, you've made it the farthest thus far so you're likely to be able to get it from the prize stash again. Send the stuff for the prize stash to Goltar ([email protected]), we use the same ATMA. Be sure to put "no repair" in subject or body of the e-mail.

Well I enjoyed my 1st night of the new year clearing out the claw vipers.
Wulfgar is now level 23.
He also got Bloodfist, some of my favorite low level gloves, from a random drop. I seem to get better stuff from random chests and monsters than from the bosses and uniques.

After I promptly used 7 of the remaining 8 durability on Bloodfist I switched to a lovely pair with 24% magic find, then I talked to the evil palidin turned blacksmith and repaired...merph... I seem to go though durability on everything, but esp weapons, maybe because I don't have the patience to let my merc do the killing. But my armor stays intact the best, I try to get a high speed weapon and use double swing most of the time. I don't let the little buggers get in hits if I can help it, though I did notice that the lightening from the bugs seemed to take away durability... 'Least it fell very fast with these guys around.

azn_apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member
water_moon said:
sorry to hear anz... what was your exact exp?

BTW you donate what you WANT to donate, if you got somthing you've been hankering for then by all means keep it. Still, you've made it the farthest thus far so you're likely to be able to get it from the prize stash again. Send the stuff for the prize stash to Goltar ([email protected]), we use the same ATMA. Be sure to put "no repair" in subject or body of the e-mail.
Prize stash sent. Unfortunately I've already deleted Warranty so I can't recall how much exact exp he had...although his final level was 73, not 72 as indicated in the original death post.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
@anz to keep it fair I'm going say your exp was the point at which you hit lvl 73.
Wulfgar is lvl26 and is just getting ready to go into the real Tomb of Tal Rasha, he's hit all but 1 of the fake tombs.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslfrost - lvl 51 - Act 1 NM Cold Plains

Teslafrost killed Andariel. But the path to get to her Catacombs was eventful.

Everything went nice until Great Marsh. Even at P8 Fallens and Carvers died in couple of Holyshock Aura flashes. I didn't avoid combat, but sometimes Teslafrost's aura was quicker than his uber wand. This Bone Wand od Self-Repair was not good enough for Teslafrost, so he bought another (more uber) wand - Saphire Bone Wand of Ages. This one also gave him the resistance he was lacking.

When Teslafrost was killing some large pack of poor Carvers and 3 or 4 Shamans resurrecting them in Black Marsh, he notified his life was suddenly very low (1/5). He didn't kow what was happening and ran away. When he came closer and fought them more, he noticed there was one vile archer. One arrow - hit life goes to 1/4. It was a berserker. Teslafrost drinked violet potion, dodged another arrow and showed her his megauber wand of lightning destruction from close distance.

At Barracks Teslafrost met a pack of CE black rogues. He was zeal locked when slowed and had to drink violets and reds like crazy. Several NDEs in one fight.

Near the Smith place he wanted to go to some small room. He opened the door and enterd the room. 2 things happened: Cold Enchanted boss pack of mages fired their missiles which hit him and slowed him. He had 75 Fire resistance, so they hurt him, but not to much. But in the same time Extra fast cursed Smith ran into the room leaving no way to escape and hitted him. Very small amount of life left. In that time he used his highest skill - SAE. HeStopped the time And Escaped to safety (Save & Exit - not proud of using that). Teslafrost was destined to use this power only once in his life.
(after that I switched to P5)

When going to Smith again he met him in a large room full of monsters including another CE mage pack and ordinary Black rogues. After another memorable battle he managed to slay all in his way to magic hammer.

At the Catacombs lvl 4 Teslafrost opened the door to Andariel. 10 Afflicted's missiles hitted him immediatly leaving him blue (again CE pack) and cursed. This time he managed to separate them little with good retreating tactic ;) . However when he killed the boss, one of the minions was near him. Cold Nova hitted Teslafrost and that nasty amplify damage appeared again. Teslafrost wanted to do a step back when the minion decided not to fire his missile, but to bite Teslafrost physically. Something like 10 HP left? (I hitted my keybord very hard and forced my near dead paladin to drink all 4 columns of potions - 2 times). Then Teslafrost made the rest of minions falling under the power of his mega tech storming wand.

For Andariel Teslafrost switched to runepowered Flail (Steel with 4 durability left) and killed her while breaking the weapon. Andariel proved her ability to drop the jewelry and dropped 2 Cathan's rings. Blah

Recent findings: Sigon's Belt and Gloves, The Patriarch, Cathan's

I think I must change my tactics, my pal can kill very quickly and that causes me to running mindlessly into monsters. Sometimes they surprise me. Maybe I'll be visiting Countess and pray for Shael drop to make a Rhyme, because all CE bossess are great threat to me.

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Destroyer Virvelvind
Level 45
Next Area: The dry, dry desert..

So, Virvelvind made it through, past Andariel and Radamant to truly begin the arduous part of his Act II adventure.

Whirlwind is actually turning into a useful skill. It's not a 1-whirl skill, and I'm using a lot of blues, but it does help keep packs entertained.

It's odd -- no enemies are ever targeting my idiot. If there's something I'm nervous about taking head on, I can run in circles around my merc, and the monster will chase me, and eventually die from my licks I deal and the stabs from the merc.

Andariel was pretty easy to kill, once I made it past my least favorite Act I enemies, the lightning ball spitters. Grr!

Andariel didn't drop any rings, amulets, or decent rares. *sighs*

I bought a knout or two in Act II to clear my way through the swarms of undead. I'm planning on crafting some at level 48 (48 + 53 [charsi's knout level]/ 2 = 51, which is 3 affixes guaranteed, iirc)

For a Tir rune, P. Sapphire, and a jewel? Please! I can make four or five!...

The knout provided the edge I needed to clear my way through the sewers with ease. The Might merc probably helped a bit.

With whirlwind and my ethereal sword, I do about 80-300 damage a hit, and that's pretty good, I think.

I've not had a lot of time to play lately, and hope to fix that. I'm tempted to go back and clear out some of the outdoor areas in Act 5 again for the XP boost, as I think I'd probably have an easier time there on P8 and get more XP for it to boot...

goltar25

Diabloii.Net Member
Krushara has died to a rather large pack of Pit Lords in A4. Bad luck and slow reaction time. And using S/E never even crossed my mind, doh. Well, I'll go through my stuff and see what's worth donating, I've got a few decent finds in there.

NightStalker

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm slow... yeah i know.

My bear just finished off Andariel on normal for the first of three times(time to level up my idiot). The only conceivable NDE was against andy, my hp went down to 1 while i was in town from her poison...(idiot didn't die once). I'm now level 20 and must say that the stun effect of maul is fun if not useful at times... I'd love to zeal with it on.. hehe.

In case anyone was wondering i'm donating any and all set or unique items I find during my journey. So far I have 3 uniques and three sets. The uniques are Biggin's Bonnet, Greyform, and the unique bardiche. The sets are arctic furs, cleglaw's claw, and the set belt.

Just a little of an update. I'll update again if i find any items during my clears of act 1, remember i like the front game.

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Destroyer Virvelvind
Level 46
Next Area: The Lost City

The Maggot Lair was shockingly (no pun intended) simple -- the hireling and I had enough mana to beat them down if needed. Most things died in 2 hits from Virl, so we're doing quite well for ourselves. The only scary part was in Coldworm's chamber, as there was no manuevering room.

Whirlwind is level 19 with skills now, and is pretty darn deadly if I do say so myself. I'm getting close to Knout crafting time -- I have 5 potential attempts coming up, and hopefully one will have self-repair...

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
So, after much christmas festivities, I spent a couple of days on her and managed to level lots. I can't recall what items were found, but I have gone through 1 set of crafted gloves, which were then personalised. and am about halfway through the second pair. The only problem is that I am struggling to find Perfect Rubies to craft my crushing blow gloves.

BrideofVlad is at the Outer Cloister waypoint in Nightmare.

Can't remember what items she is using other than crafted Blood Gloves. (Crushing blow really helps this build out)

Current Level 51 And Save and Exit was used.

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Destroyer Virvelvind
Level 47
Next Area: Spider Forest

Woooo... Duriel was rough.

This was actually the first time I've used whirlwind repeatedly. It was an easy way to get 4-6 hits in on duriel with one attack, and I could do 2 or 3 per mana pot. :)

Occasionally I would convince him to target me after I whirlwinded him, and then my hireling and I could wail on him. He'd eventually kill the moron though, leaving me to whirlwind.

Duriel left me with a Town Portal scroll, and one crappy rare. *sighs*.

I'm looking forward to whirling my way though some pesky flayers... :)

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Goltar, post EXP

Hrus, I sympathise, I had to call upon the gods to reach down their hands and bear me out (S&E) also, I hate it but in the last fake tomb, I had 3 uniques in the treasure room, I was surrounded and between the posion from the revivers and LE bugs, I almost bit it. Lost a unique club and some other expensive rare stuff out on the ground... sniff

Still, Wulfie's still alive and lvl 26, killed Durial no problemo.

Has anyone else noticed that it's had to keep good socketing stuff around? I will socket gems and runes every so often but the rate I go through my weapons makes it frustrating.

NightStalker

Diabloii.Net Member
I gained a whole level the other day bringing my werebear up to lvl 21... three more levels to shockwave :p

I gambled a pretty nice maul with mana leach and damage but no self repair so i'm sticking to my self-repairing scimitar... I really need the leach though. I've been playing more with my other characters trying to keep them around the same level... think I'll go play my summoner and get him through with act 1... shouldn't be too hard.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Up to lvl 28, clearing the swamps.
Been a bit under the weather but I'm gonna try to play more this weekend.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Teslfrost - lvl 56 - Act 2 NM completed

Teslafrost managed to complete Act2 NM. Only one serious NDE when I was zealing FE Gorbelly boss. I have found several basic unique/sets and String of Ears (from Countess), but this belt has very low durability. Anyway my armor items don't lose durability quickly, so it I hope it will not break until end of act 3. For Duriel I made a steel from Cutlass - very fast weapon with open wounds. I want to make a Rhyme, but I didn't find a Shael. (more than 20 countess runs). I have found Io though. (Io rune, not Jianson's enchantress :))

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Oooops. I have read the rules once again. And realized that rerunning areas is forbidden. I got confused with being ivolved in other tournaments, where only Act bosses runs were limited. I am guilty and I will throw away all my Thuls, Amns and 1 Sol cubed from that countess runs. I hope it's OK. Io was found at Tal's tomb.