Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My First Time.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by deadmanrvd, Jun 11, 2005.

1. deadmanrvd

deadmanrvd IncGamers Member

My First Time.

Hello, this is my 3rd week of ladder & also my 1st time ever posting on these fourms. Im not sure if this is right place to post tho :\. Ok umm... i made a level 75 sorc the first week now i made a 80 pally (hammerdin) i play ladder on us west. soft core. I was wondering how do i get good items? i still don't got anyhting better then a shako. Also im planning on making a druid :) is this good idea and ty for your help.

2. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Hmmmm, didn't find any good items on your way to lvl 75 and 80?

*cough* rushed *cough*:uhhuh:

Anyway, The Pit in Act one Tamoe Highlands is a good area for item hunters. I've been doing a lot of Trist runs. Countess is a good steady source for runes, although the quality varies a LOT! Kill bosses too, but my philosophy is to kill a lot of monsters, wherever, as long as it's in hell. Load up on as much magic find gear as you can while still being able to survive and kill effectively.

Oh yeah, hit the blue chat gem at least 27 times before you start each game. (JK):lol:

Good luck!

3. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Run hell Anderial and Mephisto, you will get some fairly good gear there after awhile and the runs are easy. Do Shenk and Pindle too, in act five. Balance your magic find gear and "killing" gear so you can bonk the critters fast while still having about 300 MF.

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i don't think he has enigma or anything on his pally, and it's a bit hard running hell meph and andy with a level 75 sorcy.

if you're still looking for some nice starting gear ~shako value, try running nm cows (maybe make a pubby game), load up on pgems and then sell those for nice gear. the value of pgems is rising nicely on east ladder at least and you can get a shako for ~15 there. no idea about west though. also, nice charms can drop here with enough mf and it'll rain skillers. :)

the pits are also nice to run since you only need about 200-250 mf to be ideal, and it's in act1 so the monsters are relatively easy. take the outer cloister wp, run backwards into tamoe highland, and then follow the path until it forks. then pick a fork and if it goes to the pits, go in.. if it goes to black marsh, turn back and take the other fork. you need patience running the pits though, there might be 10 runs in a row where you dont find a unique, then you might find griffins, shako, eth valor the next. :thumbsup:

these 2 places dont need tele, so should be nice for your hammerdin.

what kind of sorc are you using? we can suggest some places to mf depending on what build it is (blizzard, fireball, etc.)

as for the druid, if you want to do it, do it. nothing's stopping you.

and, welcome to the forums. :howdy:

5. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Welcome to the forum.
    Well, if he doesn't have any items yet, it's kinda hard to run anything in Hell. So I suggest Nightmare. Keep doing it, and exchanging your findings with Pgems and runes, eventually you'll get a good setup for Hell. Then, Hell Meph and Andy. And then, Pit.
    I'd hold for the Druid project. You don't have much wealth, it's pointless to start a Druid only to have him suck because of no items, then you'd get bored and be done with him long before you even realize the fun. Keep MFing, build new characters when you have accumulated some wealth.

6. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, I must admit, you're one heck of a player, after 3 weeks playing (you didn't mention getting any help from anyone) you have a lvl75 sorc after 1 week and already a lvl80 paladin (that alone seems very impressive to me)

And a Shako is your best item sofar? Well, it took me months to find a raven frost and about half a year to find a Shako, but I guess I'm a big newbie :rolleyes:

7. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

When I started up again in January, I had absolutely nothing but an account full of naked characters (Gave away all my items when I quit last november)

Anyways, I scrounged around doing hellforges on my characters and snagging Pgems, getting free items untill after a short time I got a Shako, Occy, Lidless, Skullders, +3Fire ammy, Glooms trap, 2 nagels, magefist, and war travs. Then I just MF'ed meph and pindle to my hearts content, untill I eventually got enough to fully equip my Hammerdin. Then MF'ed baal/meph/andy/pits/pindle for socket items, pgems to re-roll for skillers, and I now stand before you a rich man.

The bottom line: It ain't easy.

8. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

when i first started it took 2 years to successfully find a shako. ive been focusing on leveling than magic finding. :|

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well first i suggest stop just rushing characters, and take some time to MF on your own (no annoying people to steal items before they even hit the ground). I suggest hell pits (lvl 75 sorcs can do that ok) or nm meph. Once you get some ok items, get yourself through hell and then you have a choice of hemp, pindle, baal or stick with pits. those are the most popular places.

10. deadmanrvd

Well last night i was mfing i got these items now.

Pally:
    Shako,hoz,frost burns,a +1skills ammy (unique) viper magi armor the blue kind i think that's the name. Also i got spirit sword now and gore riders.

Sorc:
    Shako :) found off hell mephy ,skulders,liddless,occy,still no ammy tho,2 naigels found 1 from hell shenk last night,gold wrap.

my new runes:
    2 io's
    1 hel
    1 lum

New nice items: 4 Socketed monarch sheild - going to trade for a nice rune

What i can do now: Hammerdin:I can now mf anywher in hell on hammerdin except baal need enigma for that but i can kill baal with out dieing in hell after everyone leaves :)
    Sorc:I can do mephy runs easy in hell now

11. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Well, it depends: If he has a one skill cold sorc (or fire) and uses the "moat trick" he can run hell Mephisto just fine, even with mid level gear.. Otherwise you are right. Andy would be more difficult.

12. deadmanrvd

Well... i just trades 4 socketed monarch for ik armor and btw i play ladder us west. also i found a 5,3 poison die facet and got some more p gems from the baal runs also level 84 pally now so im selling these.

For sale:marrow walk boots (pul), ik armor (ist) (5,3 die poison facet (ist) shako (lem) all:enigma low defence but not over 120 str :confused:

so if you got a enigma you cna trade to me :) ill buy it also ill rush for free when ever you want :) thankyou for your help everyone oh my acocund name in d2 is deadmanrvd

13. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

So, one minute you are asking how to get good items and the next you've got 2 Shako, HoZ, Occy, Skullder, Gore Rider, Marrowwalk, IK Armor...etc.
    ...Why don't you help us, and tell us how to get good items?

14. deadmanrvd

ok im stuck :( im level 84 on hammerdin traded ik armor for a ist. going to sell the marrows i got for a pair of war travs and sienc ei got 3 shako's 1 on hammerdin 1 on fb mfer imma make a new sorc. dont know what kind tho i wanna make one thats fire/ice so umm is frozen orb any good? Just got realm down :\

15. Poke

Poke IncGamers Member

If you are looking to make a new sorc, I would say an ice sorc would be fun. Frozen orb is really good, and by the way, you got a lot of nifty things very quickly. Congrats :clap:

16. deadmanrvd

orb sorc's are good? and umm is cold mastery good whats cold mastery do? cuz i got max meteor,max fireball and like 5 in bolt but i do 14k damage so i need something for fire immunes. i got one in frozen orb. but skills make it level 10 and at lvl 10 frozen orb cant even kill nm andy :mad: plz help me :( but ty for all the help people! :thumbsup:

17. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

First of all, I was wondering myself how you did it when I saw this line :eek:

Well, you should always try and ask this kind of things in the sorceress forum,
    but, if you want to beef it up, put 1 into fire mastery, a few points in cold mastery and all the rest into Frozen Orb, if you got any spare skills, put it into Ice Bolt, to get a better Orb. Ps the cold mastery lowers your enemy cold resistance so they take more damage, you can not hurt cold imuuns using cold mastery alone, not even if you have -1000 enemy cold resistance.

And another thing, I just checked your damage (14k is hard to get?) with max meteor, max fireball, 5 firebolt and +9 (you said +skills make a lvl1 be 10) your fireball damage would be 1554-1716 and your meteor damage 3591-3762.

So, what am I missing here? Unless you have atleast 1 hard point in fire mastery and about 10 fire skillers, consider 14k to be not an option.