Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My first sin - Need help in hell - hybrid

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by denverpoker, Sep 30, 2006.

1. denverpoker

denverpoker IncGamers Member

My first sin - Need help in hell - hybrid

Well I finally made one. I guess you call it a hybrid uses traps and dragon talon to kill. Frequent use of cos to run and drink potions. LOL.

Currently lvl 73. Made it through hell by sticking with groups and stuff. Can semi kill on my own.

Was trying to do a solo chaos run and getting my but kicked. Here is the current equip. I just traded and upgraded to try to solve problems, but it's not working.

Skills maxed LS and DS. One point in the other synergies. Talon is around 22. Still looking for more plus skill stuff.

Equip -

Armor - COH - just made, I was using shaftstop and had major resist problems, even with Fade.
    Shield - Was using Tiamat's. Just upgraded to Spirit, first one ever rolled 35 FCR.
    Boots - upped Gores. Had these for a little bit. Once I upped I could kill stuff again.
    Weapon - Azurewrath Lightsaber. What do I want to try to switch to.
    Helm - Guillames face
    Belt - String of Ears - Like DR and LL. What should I switch to?
    Ring - a good raven, other not sure, not very good, what do I look for?
    Ammy - Plus one sin - 64 mana, had big mana problems earlier.

No skill gcs, anni, or torch. Charms below avg. most good ones on other characters.

Big questions -
    1) Max block? My shield block is currently 50%. I have 50 unused attribute points. Should I go for max block. I spend a lot of time meeling or start jamming life.

2) Plus skill how important are these for a sin. This is big reason I went for Spirit shield. Also thinking of going for BK or SOJ

These are big questions I'm sure others will come up during dialogue.

2. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Spirit. It's nice when the first roll is a good one. :)

1) That depends on the shield. I like having two setups, personally. One for melee-only, and one for heavy trapping.

2) If you want to use your traps, they are very important. A Torch will make a huge difference on your character - both for extra resist boosting and the +3 skills. Getting your kick to lvl 24 will also make a noticable difference.

Some general comments:

String is one of your best belts. Verdungo's and TGods are the only two I'd consider switching to.

FHR - you don't have much. Guillaume's has some, but that was all I saw. Your crappy charms would be a perfect spot for a handful of FHR charms to get you to 48 (86 would be preferred).

Tiamats - if you want, you can do the two-setup thing like I do. I get max block with one switch, and get as many +skills as I can with the other. Since you have Azure already, you could do Azure + Spirit for +3 skills, then Tiamat's/Stormshield with a high CB weapon (Stormlash, "Black", Asteron's, Fleshripper, etc.) for bosses. Azure has the added bonus of helping out with undead and providing mega cold/magic damage.

Secondary ring - Either one of the skill rings, or something with mana leech. It's also a good place to get resists, but you got a COH to take care of nearly all of this. Actually, I tend to shop for a +100 mana ring for this spot most of the game - and then upgrade to some type of rare (since I generally don't trade for any rings but a Ravenfrost per character, heh).

BTW, what gloves?

Ammy - +skills, mana, resists, that's all you should look for here. +traps are more important than +all. The default is Maras for obvious reasons.

3. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

Armor - COH good good,
    Shield - StormShield/Spirit
    Weapon - Azurewrath Lightsaber/Spirit Sword! try for the fastest base weapon, other than that if u use cta then ur +skills wont take a hit bc of bc and +1 skill
    Boots - upped Gores good
    Helm - Guillames face good, switch to shako/nightwing/andy for laying traps
    Belt - String of Ears/Nos Coil/credulem/dungos <-- use 2 make up for res/life etc
    gloves: dracks are ultimate useful, ie always used them and so i dont really know about other choices
    Ring -raven, unless u have mana leech else where stick a manad heal
    Ammy - by this ponit u should have mana steal somewhere and so negates the +mana from ur amu, here use this so res/stats/skills like sarcacens etc or even a boost to ar...

as ilkori said, pick up ur missing stats here, try for as many trap skillers as is reasonably affordable, and then life/res charms and fhr etc a torch would hlp u out alot here,
    finally you should be laying traps with ur weapon switch but dont bother changing out helms etc unless ur going after cow lvl or u know ur going 2 b using traps alot.

my assa uses:
    doom/cta/jade talons
    ss/spirit
    forti
    dungos
    guil 'um'/shako
    rare +2 martial, +res etc/+3traps/[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Seraph's[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]upped gores
    raven/manald heal
    life/skillers/res/torch/res charms
    dracks
    with kicker/trap set up
    see if u can spot her...
    -silent

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]