Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My first rune experience

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Zorandel, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Zorandel

Zorandel IncGamers Member

My first rune experience

So i've finally created a char that can actually beat hell. I have a lvl 79 strafezon with windforce.
    I am in act 5 hell for the first time in my life. All of my previous chars lost it in the 1 act and I got rid of them. However this strafezon rocks and with patience i will defeat hell.
    Now i thought of building some good equipement supplies. I traded for a windforce, but that is all good that I have.
    I aim at runes. I only have and have ever found runes up to Shael.
    If I think correctly, starting from DOL, the runes are considered high runes, correct?
    And now my main question: How do I find higher runes than Shael? If I ever want to have some good runewords (and believe me, I want to!) I need to find some good runes... Is there any particular place where I will find them or are they just as rare as some rarest items out there?
    Sorry for the long text bout nothing... I always tend to overeact when writting posts :p

2. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

High runes are rediculously rare. Some people have played this game daily for years and have only ever found a handful of highrunes at best. Personally I have found a Mal and Gul but those are barely considered high runes. I found an Ohm once on single player ages ago. You can always save all your low runes and transmute them in the cube to make better runes. Save them all, even the El runes. Cube them all up. Thats the easiest way to get legit high runes. That, and doing hellforge runs.

3. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

Up to lum are low runes, lem-vex midle runes rest highrunes. Somtimes vexs also count as highrune.

3 things you can do:
    - Hell Countess (up to LO for sure)
    - Hell Hellforge Quest (hel - gul)
    - Killing thousands of monsters (up to zod)

4. themachine

I've always known Mal and up to be high runes.

5. Zorandel

Sorry, you were right

6. themachine

Check here:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

7. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

In this dupe driven economy, sure, Mal and up are high runes, but it's really supposed to start at Vex and up.

8. Nostavar

Nostavar IncGamers Member

Unfortunatly, the chances of finding a high rune are very very small.
    The best way to get one is simply to trade for one, but there's a 99.9999% it's a duped rune. If you have no problems with that, build some wealth and buy a duped rune, otherwise you might be better off accepting you won't be able to make any good runewords.

9. Zorandel

And what does it mean that it is duped?
    And is there any way to recognise a duped item? Does it vary from a "normally" found rune?

10. pliu

pliu Banned

Duped means people use some kind of program to make copies of the existing items. Say , someone find a ZOD and he can make a lot of duplicate copies of that ZOD and trade them with other people.

11. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Using a duped item (known or not) can result in the loss of that item (poof!). Actually duping an item can result in the loss of your CD Key and any associated accounts. Note also that any "I DUPE" games on bnet are just scammers trying to steal your items. :tongue:

12. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

You should have no problem getting at least up to io-runes from the countess on NM when loading up some MF gear. You can run her pretty fast without any worry of dying and she always drops some runes. I have gotten a couple io- and hel-runes the last two weeks from her and only loaded 5 Ptopazes on my merc and a 28% MF Nagelring on my char. Oh, and very little playtime since I don't have much time to spend in Diablo.

I'm trying to switch to Hell Countess, but the runs take me too much time at the moment and I can't dress my merc up in his MF gear, so I'm going to increase my monsterkilling capacity some more before I start making a habit of that.

13. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

MF does not affect rune drops. :wink3:

14. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

Hahaha, is that so? :badteeth:

Funny shizzle... Then I was just amazingly lucky last week, kekeke ^_^

15. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

In Europe, High Runes are commonly considered as Vex and above, because those are the runes you can't get from the Hellforge quest, and thus are very, very rare to get (except from cubing of course).

16. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

but for countess the amount of players does. Since you need some nodrop picks play in solo games and she may drop up to three runes per kill.

17. Zorandel

So generally is it better to run countess in hell or nightmare? And is it better to run her in solo games or with more players ?

18. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

1 player games in norm for up to Ral, in nm for runes up to Ko and hell for up to at least Lo.

19. Zorandel

TY very much for the explanations.
    I have yet another Q
    I want to mule my Cube to a char who has all the runes muled in order to tranfmute them into higher runes. If I drop it in a normal game with my char who has beaten hell already, will I be able to pick it up with a lvl1 mule in this game and use it as a normal cube? And will I be than able to get a second cube with the hell char from 2act as I would normally or will I loose the cube forever?

20. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

yes your mule can pick the cube you drop from your higher char

re getting a cube for the higher lvl: why try getting it in hell when, if you then open a game in normal and go to halls of dead you can get one there much easier?

another suggestion I would have for you is to try to grush your mules to hell. What this means is you rush them in normal up to act5. Then find a game (or open one) for baal quest. Have your high char and mule partied with someone who needs the quest. and as long as they get the quest your mule should too. Then repeat the same in nm and rush in hell. The advantage this has is that you then can do the forges for your mules and have a chance at getting nice runes from the forges