Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my first necro, and questions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by dlscowby, May 23, 2005.

1. dlscowby

dlscowby IncGamers Member

my first necro, and questions

ok i made my first summoner, and i have most of the right gear imo, bp nigma, shako, +2 marrows, AOKL, arach, homoc, trying to get maras, and 2 sojs.

im a little empty on the gloves, i know trang is prolly the best choice...but arent there any other glove choices? im going to be the aura mancer with an act 1 merc using faith, bramble, and dream. i was thinking about act 2, but i really like the faith and dont wanna use one myself and lost all the +skills from aokl, but back to the gloves, any other choices? thanks, and also if you wanna give me some pointers, id be grateful, i dont know the best way to use this class yet, where to put skill points and whatnot.

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

check out gix's commandomancer guide.

use frosties to get a stack of mana for spamming CE

3. Solitary

Solitary IncGamers Member

ditto

I've had the same problem with finding decent gloves for a well equipped necro.

You can use magefists for the extra 20% faster cast rate, but with average items it's easy enough to hit the 75% breakpoint without them. You can use frosties for more mana, but that's really only necessary for boner necros who don't already have insight on an A2 merc for infinite mana. There are a bunch of set/unique gloves that offer decent resists or life, but these don't really help the way a +skill glove (like zons have) would.

Since necro don't hit, the high lvl gloves like draculs or steelrends are basically useless, though the +life/kill on draculs could help. Alternately, I'd recommend bloodfists (for the 40 life and the faster hit recovery), or even chancies for the mf, which never hurts.

Personally, what I really want on gloves is damage reduction, lit absorb, and life. I don't know if any of the crafting recipes (caster/blood/safety) can give all three of these.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

most people use trangs or magefists. some use frosties for more mana.

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I have mine setup as my mfer...and have been very happy with it...though either frosties or trang's as good options

HoS

6. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Id say with your setup trangs or magefists would be nice to reach the next frame (48). Trangs helps with your curses and magefists helps with your CE (fire golem too?).
    If you feel like you dont need the extra fcr then frosties (for mana), bloodfists (life and fhr) and chanceguards (mf) would work as well.

7. dlscowby

dlscowby IncGamers Member

thanks guys for the input, ive been testing them all out, and i dont know why i would need fcr, i dont use corpse expolsion, i curse, so i dont need to cast that many times, i might bo with either chancies or bloodfist for the life/fhr. thanks again.

8. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

I stock up fcr mainly for teleporting. But you could live without it too.

9. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm ok for my mf bone/summon he needs fcr for his bone spells and tele. For Pvm i find hitting 48fcr ok and i'm satisfied with it. I just use a Hoto (40fcr) and a crafted +2necro/9fcr/prismatic ammy :p Rest all geared towards mf hehe.But ya if you're not going PvP you could live with less fcr :D Cheers!