Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my first ip ban sigh plz help with 1 question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by scrubsIzHere, Aug 10, 2010.

1. scrubsIzHere

scrubsIzHere IncGamers Member

my first ip ban sigh plz help with 1 question

i was leveling my new assassin yesterday in a Baal run. and joined the same run about 10 times on the next time i tried to join the Baal run i got an ip ban. its been about 12 hours since then, and I was wondering how long will i have to wait for a ban of this nature? I've been reading a lot of post on ip ban's since then and found nothing on time lengths other then 5min 15min 1hr 3hr 12hr 1day 3day 1week 2week 3month forever. nothing tells you if your doing something bad how long you can expect and what is considered more wrong. its not like i was the bot or i was cheating (at least i dont think thats cheating). but i don't know how sever of a penalty it is to join a game over and over. if anyone has an idea of how long this could take i'd appreciate it.

2. JustAPlayer

JustAPlayer IncGamers Member

Re: my first ip ban sigh plz help with 1 question

if u have dynamic ip than just reset ur modem and u are good to go; otherwise just wait or use a proxy.

3. scrubsIzHere

yea nope i have static. and im not into proxy servers. so i waited it out but fyi it was 12 hours for a ban of this nature

4. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

Yes, its beyond irritating, horrendously managed by Blizzard and hopefully something we will never see again in D3.

5. scrubsIzHere

Its not that its bad to ip ban for a certain amount of time for certain things that people do. its the fact that they dont tell you why your banned or for how long. thats what makes people impatient, not knowing, and it almost gives you a sense of hopelessness and helplessness.