Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My first impression on Diablo 3 micro-transaction system - Diabloshop

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by secondii, Mar 24, 2015.

1. secondii

secondii IncGamers Member

My first impression on Diablo 3 micro-transaction system - Diabloshop

China region diablo3 technical beta test began yesterday ?March 24th?, I had the opportunity to try this special edition , following is my first impression on micro-transaction system Diabloshop.

[​IMG]

You can easily access the store by press F1 or click the shop icon in the lower right corner on character UI screen.

After that you can find the current shopl is divided into two major parts - "Platinum" and "Cosmetic" .

[​IMG]

In "Platinum" part?you can buy Platinum by using XTS points?i don't know what ‘XTS’ stand for?but I guess this is battlenet balance?.All accounts in the beta test have a virtual 100 points battlenet balance.

So 10XTS points = 1,000 Platinum ,500XTS= 57,500 Platinum .

The whole shopping process is very simple, just follow the guide step by step, following is the entire process of purchasing a 1,000 Platinum package?

[​IMG]
    Select

[​IMG]
    Refresh balance

[​IMG]
    Redriect to battlenet purchase page if you don't have enough balance

[​IMG]
    Your order being processed.

[​IMG]
    Here you go.

In "Cosmetic" part?you can find Wings?Pets, Portrait Frames and Pennants, no Boost items(right now) ,Pet slot also just a placeholder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cosmetic price?well?currently the highest price one is "red flames wing", Platinum price up to 9800, equivalent to 98 CNY(15.7762 USD), and the the lowest one is Diablo 2 clssic pennant, 2100 Platinum = 21 CNY = 3.3806 USD.

During our last interview with develop team,there are many ways to earned Platinum in game ?

·Every day killing your first Treasure Goblin
    ·Every day killing your first boss
    ·Every day finishing your first bounty set
    ·Finishing some achievements
    ·Every time you killed boss?a little?
    ·China version exclusive "Platinum Treasure Goblin " (very rare)

However, in this beta test, I only experienced 4 of them?because there is no Adventure Mode right now and Platinum Treasure Goblin is rare that no one can find them.

[​IMG].thumb.jpg[/img]

Every day first boss kill

[​IMG].thumb.jpg[/img]

kill a boss

[​IMG].thumb.jpg[/img]
    achievement rewards

According to player's feedback Platinum can be earned by?:

·Daily first boss kill - 25 Platinum
    ·kill boss - 16 Platinum
    ·some achievements - 100-200 Platinum ?At first glance about 79 achievements have Platinum rewards ?
    ·Daily first Treasure Goblin kill - 25 Platinum
    ·kill Unique monster - 9 Platinum

Another interesting thing is Unique monster count as boss, you can finish your Daily first boss kill by killing Digger O'Dell . is it a bug?because Unique monster are too easy compare with "real bosses" and there are so many ways to farm them.

So,will you pay 3 dollars for a classic pennant or 15 dollars for a red wing when you got a chance? For the answer is YES,just "BUY-BUY-BUY"!

LukDeRiff likes this.
  2. LukDeRiff

LukDeRiff IncGamers Member

Always sweet to get some updates from china, to see where the game migt be headed. Keep em coming :)

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Thanks much for the write up. Good feedback.

4. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Cool for those who like vanity items, just not my cup of tea.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I haven't played D3 for a while, so I hope my questions don't appear too dumb or ignorant.

There's a $ sign in the screenshots. Does it involve real-world money?

It's OK to have it in Asia only for a time, but when will it appear on Europe/US servers?

What can I do with platinum points? Just what's mentioned here?

Which useful things can I do with pets, wings and portrait frames? If that's just for looking cool, showing off etc., I wouldn't be interested.

Among the mentioned boost items, only the XP boost items appear useful for me. Am I overlooking something?

Oh dear, I'm a noob :rolleyes:.

6. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

^
    Yes, it's going to be real money transactions to buy Platinum. However platinum can also be earned in game and the devs have said they're tuning it so that reasonably regular players should be able to afford full time boosts without paying cash. Presumably the cosmetics will be more expensive and the main money spinner.

Wyatt Cheng was quite adamant on the recent dev stream that this will be new regions only (i.e. China), not Americas, EU or existing Asian regions. Note that the game will be mainly free-to-play in these new regions.

If there are any other uses for platinum, they haven't been announced as far as I'm aware.

The cosmetics are just that, cosmetics. Same as the wings/pets/pennants/portraits existing regions get in the Collector's editions/season rewards/etc. (I'm hoping the currently China-only cosmetics will be added to other regions via season rewards/achievements/future collector's editions.) Obviously not a big deal to a lot of players, but games like Path Of Exile survive almost solely on people paying for cosmetics.

Wyatt was also adamant that they are against pay to win, so I think the boosts are intended as nice bonuses rather than essentials.